I'll Show You

Playlist

I'll Show You

Justine Bieber

 

i'm liking his latest songs. still another angsty chapter. continuation of the previous one. 

This time, it's Hyomin's POV

 

It’s another argument with Tiffany. Honestly, this is very tiring. I feel more drained after a few minutes of conversation with Fany than a day straight of a drama shoot. I’m sure Fany’s parents and everyone in the house might have heard us but they are nice enough to meddle.

 

I took a long deep breath... hold it... and let it out. It has become a habit after talking to Fany. Usually it helps lessen the heaviness i feel in my chest. But now, one breath is not enough. The heaviness in my chest doesn’t seem to get off.

 

I felt my phone ring and it’s my manager, Soyeon. I cleared my throat before answering.

 

“Unnie” I answered trying to sound normal.

 

“Hyomin how was it? Did I call in a bad time?”

 

“Ani. I just finished talking to Fany. Waeyo?”

 

“How did it go? Is she ok?”

 

I couldn’t answer because I know for a fact that Fany is crying her heart out inside the room.

 

“Tsk tsk... these lovebirds. It’s not like you are going to be separated for a long time? It’s just going to be 4 days to a week?” I can hear Soyeon unnie whispers the last part hoping that I will agree. In fact I don’t mind staying for a week or even a month.

 

“It’s ok unnie. Fany and I talked. It’s part of work so it’s ok.” I lied. The truth is we had to shoot out of town for 4 days to a week. Most of the staffs and actors are already in there. But the director gave me a night off to stay with my wife. They are all concern about my ‘perfect marriage’. If only they knew that everything is a arranged...fake. Besides Fany never seem to be bothered anyway when i get home in odd hours.  Honestly, I prefer working long hours so when I get home, I go straight to sleep. Yes, I avoid Fany because I know that she’s only going to confront me about divorce.

 

“So I’m going to pick you up early morning?”

 

“Actually, can you pick me up now Unnie?”

 

“Is everything alright?”

 

“Yes. Yes. It’s just that Fany is already sleeping and I think it will be harder to leave tomorrow.”

 

Ähh yeah yeah... spare me the love details. Fine i will pick you up.”

 

“Thank you unnie.”

 

“Dont thank me. I am sure Director Kang will be happy to hear we are on our way.”

 

“See you unnie.”

 

“Later”

 

I was glad unnie bought my lies. Yes, I am a good liar. I lie to everyone. That’s what i am paid for in the first place... to act. I wouldn’t be the highest paid actress in the country for nothing.

 

I don’t plan to go back inside the room. I will only see Fany. It’s not like she would care if I say, “Hey wifey I’ll be out of town for a few days and maybe a week.” She might ask me to get lost.

 

I shook my head at the mess I am currently in. She wanted to get out? It’s not going be that easy. Not when I was close to losing everything I have achieved because of this freaking arrangement.

 

Unnie texted me that shé already outside. I prepared to walk out.

 

“Hyomin.”

 

“Appa?”I stopped when I saw Fany’s father up this late.

 

“Going out?”

 

“Neh. I have a shoot out of town.”

 

“Does Fany knows?”

 

I didn’t say anything. I couldn’t lie to him. He is my boss and my father in law. I treat him like my real father.

 

“How long will you be out?”

 

“About 4 days to a week.”

 

“I see.”

 

There is this moment of awkward silence. I know he wanted to talk to me about something. And my guess is it’s about my marriage. It’s a dreaded topic. And how i tried to avoid having this conversation with Tiffany I don’t think I can avoid it with my father in law.

 

“Hyomin”

 

“Neh Appa?” I was holding my breath.

 

“Take care.”

 

I sighed in relief. I know he wanted to talk about it but I am thankful enough that he didn’t. I bowed before leaving the house.

 

 

I took another deep breath before walking towards the company car. How many deep breathes I make. I don’t know. I lost count. I need to be Hyomin the actress with the perfect life and perfect marriage.

 

It was a long drive and I was suppose to take this opportunity to sleep but my mind is wide awake because of Fany, my arranged marriage, my so called perfect life. I’m like trapped in a movie...my own movie.

 

“You seem to be in deep thought. What are you thinking about?” unnie asked.

 

“Fany...”I answered honestly but then she cut me.

 

“Seriously? It’s just a matter of days!” Soyeon unnie thought I am missing my wife. Yes I was thinking of Fany and our problems but I’m not going to tell Soyeon unnie that. She threw a pillow at me. “Spare me your lovey dovey thoughts.”

 

I laughed at her.

 

This is stupid. And it’s funny cause that’s my life.