Just The Way You Are

Another Truth

AUTHOR POV

Eunji and L, along with Chanyeol went to sign up to get their lisence since would be so much easier for them to go to work. Chanyeol's phone rang. "Excuse me." He said to his sister and L and then went to answer it. "Deh?" He answered. "BOSS! We need someone here now. EXO have problems on the other shop, on the other street. In this one there's a customer complaining that the boss isn't here, and that there's no performance starting yet. She is a fan of yours also." A voice said on the other line in panic. "Come back. I don't know what you're doing, just come back!" He said and tried to calm himself down.

"Alright. I'm coming back. You will be surprised at what I'm doing." Chanyeol said and hung up before the employee can say anything else. Eunji and L were talking each other and laughing, in front of the counter, after they signed their application form. "Bwo?" Eunji asked L when he . L laughed at her reaction.

"Eunji I need to go back to my workplace." Her brother said to her, approaching her. "We're done now too. Let's go together." Eunji said and L agreed. 

"Alright." He said and they went to his car. It wasn't far to got to Coffee Pop from where they live, but it took around 10 minutes to get there from where they were. Chanyeol parked his car and ran inside his shop while Eunji and L took their time. "I'm going to visit Woohyun tomorrow. Want to join?" L asked. L looked at her and she nodded after a moment of hesitation. "Count me in." She kneeled down to tie her shoes. "Go ahead. I will catch up. Order me a drink please." Eunji said. 

"Sure." L replie, looked at her and entered the shop.

Eunji stared at her shoe and took a deep breath before she tied them. Meanwhile, L went to the counter and looked at the drinks menu. "A green tea lemonade please. With an iced americano. Put a bit more ice in the green team lemonade please." L said and payed with a credit card. Lee Daeun was the employee taking the orders on the counter. She looked at him and his facial features. "Here's your receipt." She said but L doesn't want to keep it.

"It's okay. You can throw it away." He said, looking at the door entrance. She turned back to the customer in front of her to see him busy looking at the entrance. She wondered what kept his mind busy. "Yah Daeun, there's a customer who ordered a coffee and haven't received it." An employee said, L found this voice familiar and looked up. He then saw L.Joe in front of him. They stared at each other for a while. "You..." L.Joe started to say but Chanyeol stopped him.

Chanyeol was talking with a customer, and the employee from the counter, Daeun, gave L.Joe an order from a customer from table 27, on the second floor. He bowed lightly as a greeting to L, took the order and went upstairs.

Eunji entered the coffee shop and went to L. "Where's my brother?" She asked herself, looking around. The employee named Daeun gave L the two orders. "Thank you." Eunji said to the employee and took the lemonade. Daeun looked at L. She was waiting for his reaction. "Yah." L said and grabbed her arm before she could leave. "How can you walk away like this? I bought you this." He said. 

"Then, thank you very much." She said to him and stucked out her tongue. L smiled. He took his iced coffee and thanked Daeun. The girl employee mentally smiled. 'Love.' She thought and continued her work. She understood the reason wby L was looking out the window. It was because he was waiting for the young lady.

"Eunji, L.J..." L started to say but Eunji just saw her brother.

"Oh Oppa is there." She said. She turned to L. "What were you going to say?" She asked before L could answer, Chanyeol came to Eunji. "Come with me." He said in a hurry and pulled her with him to a backstage. L scratched his eyebrow and followed them. "What's wrong?" She asked worried and looked at the customers in front of the stage.

"Please help me." He said. 

"Tell me what's wrong first." Eunji said. "L and you need to perform a song." He explained and clasped his palms together.

"BWO?!" Eunji and L said in the same time, not believing what they heard.

"This coffee shop is popular because of this, it is time now to perform but the rest aren't here!"

"Aish.. Oppa I can't..."

"Yes you can! L and you are pretty good." He said.

"But Oppa..."

"Please Eunji." Chanyeol begged her.

L pulled Eunji with him. "Let's do it." He said. "What?" Eunji asked. "I can't sing." She said and stopped.

"Of course you can. Let's do a duo." He said and gave her a mic.

"THANK YOU! Tonight's dinner is my treat. Eat whatever you want."

"Call." L replied and looked at Eunji. "Alright. I will decide what we will have for dinner though." Eunji smiled and high fived L. "It was planned right?" Chanyeol asked.

Eunji shrugged.

Chanyeol quickly went on the small stage under the second floor of the coffee shop. "Neh annyeonghaseyo. I'm the owner of the shop, Park Chanyeol. Sorry that the performance haven't started yet. Let's get started now. Here's our very special guests, our duo for today. They will be singing: Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars." Chanyeol said with a charming smile and he went to the drums, with a computer in front of him. 

Some customers started to clap their hands. What made Chanyeol's coffee shop so different was because there were performances everyday. Eunji and L cleared their throat and walked up the small stage. They just smiled to a few people in front of them and Eunji stared at L. 'What did you put me into?' She mouthed to him. L shrugged and smiled. Chanyeol made a sign telling them that he's going to start to play the music. L was the first one to start singing. The music from the speakers started to play and Chanyeol joins in with the drums. 

"Oh her eyes her eyes, make the stars looks like they're not shining." He sang. "Her hair her hair falls perfectly without her trying, she's so beautiful, and I tell her everyday." Girl cheered louder from the first floor and the second one. "Yeah. I know I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me, it's so it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see, but everytime she asks me "Do I look okay", I say.." L sang this part before Eunji joined with a smooth voice but not high piched, which harmonized their voices together. He looked at Eunji who was focused on the music.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. Cuz your amazing, just the way you are." They both sang before Eunji had her solo part. "And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. Cuz boy you're amazing, just the way you are." She sang and the customers clapped their hands. From the second floor, L.Joe and Daehyun, who was also working here, recognized Eunji's voice. They knew that she was coming back, but didn't know she was already here since they have been away for 3 weeks, for vacation, for some rest. 

They were walking down the stairs and went to the counter. They put down what they were holding and stared at the stage. "Yah, what are you doing?" Daeun asked. She rolled her eyes when she noticed that the both were staring at Eunji. "Should I do your work?" She asked Daehyun who turned to her and poked her cheek.

"Gamsahamnida." The both singers said and bowed. The customers began to talk again and as they passed by, they compliment their performance. Eunji saw L.Joe and Daehyun waving at her. "Omo." She said and went to them. "It's been so long." She said to them and hugged both of them. "I didn't know you were working here." "You didn't even called us to tell us that you're back!" L.Joe said. "When are you starting to work?" Daehyun asked. Chanyeol came back to the counter and Myungsoo joined her. She looked at them

"I was going to tell you but he cut me off of my sentence earlier." L explained and pointed at Chanyeol.

"I wanted to tell you, but the performance was more important. It's not like both of them will disappear." Eunji's brother explained and tapped their shoulders. They all laughed. 

"Let's talk lter, we have work to finish." Chanyeol explained and pulled Daehyun and L.Joe with him. "Araseo." Eunji said and went to sit in a corner with L. The three went back to work.

Eunji and L were discussing about everything, while Chanyeol, L.Joe and Daehyun were working. When Chanyeol finally closed the coffee shop, he went to his sister. There was 2 unknown persons to Eunji. The first employee was Lee Daeun. "This guy here is Kang Woo." He said and the boy bowed at her. A boy of 17 years old. "And this one works in the counter. Her name is Daeun." He said. "And she is Eunji, my sister who just came back from London with this random guy over there. He's L." Chanyeol introduced the both interns generally. Eunji and L waved at them briefly.

"Daeun? Isn't she..." She turned to Daehyun who walked t Daeun and held her hand. 

"This is her." He told Eunji and the young lady congradulated them. Actually, Daehyun and Daeun have been dating for 3 years now and Daehyun had decided to tie the knot together. 

"You guys all know each other?" Kang Woo asked Eunji, asking about the relationship between her and L, L.Joe and Daehyun. "Long story that takes days to tell, let me tell you the whole thing in two words." Chanyeol said. 

They were all curious about what the brother was going to say. "First love for the three." He said and pointed at L, L.Joe and Daehyun. "And teenage friends for Eunji." After he spoke, L, L.Joe and Daehyun hit him. Chanyeol laughed. "Sorry. Sorry." He said few times before they stopped hitting him. Daeun knew exactly who Eunji was, after all, Daehyun liked her for a long while.

"Don't mind him." Eunji said and turned to the two employees.

"What did you study in London?" Daeun asked curiously. "What jealous?" Daehyun asked and received a hit from Daeun on the ribs. 

"I studied in the medical field." She replied politely. 

"Alright alright. We need to go have dinner and have a deep talk. Kaja chingu." Chanyeol said and everyone put an end to the conversation to head towards the restaurant.

 

Few Blocs Away from Chanyeol's Coffee Shop

There was traffic on the street, near a shopping center, there was a child laying on the road. A young man, around his early 20's got out of his car, and went to see what happened. The little boy was hit by a car and was now laying down on the ground inconscious. "I really didn't see him. I didn't know he would pop out, out of nowhere." The driver explained. The kid's mother was worried about her child, and was kneeling down besides him, on the left. The young man went to the mother and kneeled on the right side of the kid. 

He put his ear on top of the little kid's face to feel his breathing, and was looking at his chest to see if it was raising. "Don't worry Miss. I'm a doctor. I can help you." He said. "What is his name?" He asked the mother. "Jihyung." The kid only lost consciousness. "Annyeong. I'm a doctor. Do you know what's your name?" He asked after he woke the kid up. "Kang Jihyung." The kid replied. "Good." The young doctor said and looked at his watch. "Do you know what date we are?" 

"August 14." He replied. "Good. What grade are you in?" 

"4th grade."

"Where do you feel pain or uncomfortable?"

"My arm hurts a lot." He replied. The young man took a brief look at it. 

He checked his wound. The kid's arm was bleeding. He also had a wound on his forehead that can't resist any movements since it may have a bleeding in the brain, or anything that can be serious that would affect the child.

"Don't worry I will do a small checkup." He said and verified if the kid's had any other unseen injuries. He checked his head, his neck, his ribs, his legs. He looked around and found some brick for the road construction. "Jihyung, you're fine don't worry."

He took two bricks and placed them besides the kid's head, envelopped in his tored shirt, then took his belt to make sure the bricks can protect the head of the patient and that they were secured. He took the rest the pieces of his shirt and secured it and made sure the bleeding stopped.

"Don't forget to tell him to go have a CT scan, and if possible a MRI scan to be sure that there's no damages or blood stucked inside his brain." He told the mother who seemed more relieved now. "Apart from that, he's fine." He said.

"Thank you so much." The mother said and bowed to show her gratitude. The ambulance arrived and the young man went to explain the whole situation to them. "On preliminary checkup, the kid was once unconscious but is now awake and is now conscious about what just happened. He doesn't have bones fractures. His breathing and pulse are stable. His injury on his hand is now secured, the bleeding had stopped." The young man said.

"Thank you." They told him and after a while he walked away, after he have finished what he have to do. 

The kid was then brought to hospital. 

 

Eunji, L, Chanyeol, L.Joe and Daehyun passed by. The situation attracted their attention. "What happened?" Was the question they were asking. "Maybe a car accident." L.Joe said. "There's always car accidents in here." 

The five walked to a restaurant to have Korean BBQ. "It's been so long since I have ate this." Eunji said and stared at the menu. 

"Then let's have a feast! To welcome you back!" Chanyeol shouted.

"Where's the rest?" Eunji asked L.Joe about Teen Top. "They are not here right now, they went to the second coffee shop to help." He replied. He asked for Eunji's phone. "I don't have one yet." She said and scatched her eyebrow. "That's it! We forgot to go to buy a phone." Chanyeol said.

"let's go tomorrow then, after we visited him. Around 3:00 PM, alright?" L asked and took a slip of his water.

"I will join." L.Joe and Daehyun said quickly. Eunji and L looked at them confused. "Things have changed a lot, we can show you around." Daehyun explained.

"Sure. Let's go together." She replied and when Chanyeol asked both Eunji and L if they wanted to drink a glass beer, they shook their heads. "It's fine." They both replied. "Why?" Chanyeol asked.

"I can't deal with alcohol." She answered. 

"I can't drink, I have to wake up early tomorrow." L explained. Chanyeol shrugged. "Alright." 

"When are you guys starting?" Asked L.Joe.

"Next week it is." Eunji answered while she tried to reach for a napkins fruther on the table, L.Joe grabbed them for her and put them in front of her.

"Thank you." She said with a smile and continued eating, chatting with people from there and there. 


Here's a chapter! There's no flashback yet, but on the next one there will be, for those who would asked what happened before. So the medical cases, except for some, are all inspired by dramas! Only few ones in the future will come from me. But the rest of the story will be purely written by me, once again, except for the medical cases. The settings will also be different though than in the dramas. Next chapter: "The bus", our very first case. Please subscribe and vote!