The Incident

Another Truth

AUTHOR POV

Eunji came to the two and let them know that the ambulance will be here in 20 minutes. "Miss, do you need to notify your husband or something?" Mark asked and the woman smiled with a very sad expression. "He died before I was pregnant with his child." She replied and hearing those words, the three of them felt very sad. Especially Taehyun. He did not know how to react to this or neither know how to respond. Mark and Eunji put a hand on each her shoulders. "You are a strong woman. Physically and emotionally." Mark commented and the lady smiled genuinely upon hearing those words of encouragement. 

The nephew watched silently at that. Before he could think of anything else, the pregnant lady's gasp of pain drove him out of his own thoughts. "The...The pain is back." She managed to say and Eunji looked at the time. "Should I check on the ambulance? It is not good to remain here too long. We have to check on the child." Mark nodded and decided to wait another 5 minutes.

No emergency aid seemed to be coming at all and so Eunji decided to go down, followed by Taehyun. There was traffic right in front of the shopping centre. It seemed to be caused by another incident at the parking lot. She heard the sirens but it seemed like the ambulance is still a flew bloc away and the fluid of the traffic is not helping. She turned to Taehyun. 

"Taehyun-ah, tell this to Mark, I will get something." She said and patted the nephew's shoulders before she ran off into the shopping centre. Taehyun followed but while she ran to a direction, Taehyun used the other go back to the pregnant lady. "Where is Eunji?" Mark asked and Taehyun shrugged. "She just ran off.. Oh. The ambulance could not go through the traffic. It is stucked a few blocks away from here." Just as he spoke, Eunji came back with a stretcher. 

"Since the ambulance could not reach us, we will go to it." Eunji said and Mark smilled. "Brilliant." He said and the two doctors helped the lady on the cot before quickly transporting her out of the shopping centre, going through the mall with eyes looking at them in confused expressions, asking themselves what those people were doing. But seeing how urgent the situation seemed, the customers of the mall made way for them to go by. They ran as quick as possible, following the sound of the sirens, followed by Taehyun. Seeing the pregnant lady and 3 people running towards the ambulance, one of the paramedic got out of the car to help. 

"Quick." Mark said and asked for a stethoscope. "How far are we until we reach the hospital?" Eunji asked while Mark was trying to figure the heartbeat of the baby. "At least 10 minutes." Replied one of the medic. "Please hurry." Eunji said and turned back to the pregnant lady. "Yes, we have a pregnant lady who seemed to have her water broke while in the mall. There are 2 doctors with us and it seems that the mother is ready to give birth." With this, they accelerated with the sirens pounding.

"I... The pain.." The lady said and held onto the sheet of the stretcher. "We will be to the hospital soon, don't worry, we are doctors, your child will be safe." Mark said and the lady nodded. The ambulance finally arrived at Seoul University Hospital and the medics quickly brought the pregnant lady to the emergency room and Marc told Eunji he would stay with the lady.

"I need an emergency room, call the ob-gyn." Mark ordered and went into the emergency room with the mother. Taehyun came down from the ambulance, in trance. 

"Taehyun-ah." Eunji called and went to him. She caught him before his strength left his legs and he turned thanked Eunji for helping him. "Are you alright?" She asked and he nodded. The both of them then entered the hospital. Some nurses bowed when they saw Eunji and she asked where the pregnant lady was brought to. They told her the place she was at and they waited for any updates on the mother and baby. "Will...they be alright?" Asked Taehyun. Eunji patted his shoulder and nodded. "If there are no complications, they will be fine." 

Mark finally came out of the emergency room and took off his mask, smiling. The baby was on a cart, behind him. Taehyun let out a relieved sigh. "Kid, you should trsut us more." Mark said and when the nurses were bringing the mother to a room, the woman stopped for a while. "Thank you to all of you. Thank you." She said tiredly, but still filled with gratefulness and relief. Then the nurse brought her to her designated room. 

"Noona. Ahjussi." Taehyun said and the two turned to him. "I'll be going back now." He said and Eunji smiled, about to offer him a ride. "I will go back alone, and apologize for worrying my family." He explained and Eunji hesitated. "Don't worry Noona." Taehyun said, seeing her concerns. "I know what I want now, and everything that have been bothering me is gone." He said and smiled. "I have learned a lot today. From now, I will use my everything to prove to others I am not an useless kid from a wealthy background. I will show them that I can do a lot on my own." He said before bowing to the two of them and left.

Eunji and Mark stood there watching the energetic teen running away, cheerfully, and they just could not stop but to think back at the old time, where they were also at his age. "The kid..." Mark started. "Seems to respect you a lot." He finished and turned to look at Eunji who noodded. "I am like a sister to him. I basically watched him grow up." She replied and Mark suddenly patted her head. "Good job." He told her and started walking in front of her. 


Here is another short chapter! Do tell me what you think of it and subscribe! Thank you!