Hallucinations

Another Truth

SEOUL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY

The culprit of Downtown's killing was brought to ICU (Intense Care Unit) after the surgery to have him monitored for 2 nights before he could get transferred back to normal rooms. While he was in the ICU, he was staying in a room apart from others, with Minhyuk and Chaser guarding the entrance. Joongki and Eunji were farther in the hallway, discussing.

"He should be awake soon. Since the surgery went very well, there shouldn't be any complications that would arise, though, we still need to monitor im for 3 days. Then he will be moved to the patient ward." Eunji explained while going over the patient's chart. 

"Eh..." Joongki said and looked around the hospital. "You look totally different when you're working than when you're utside of work. You don't look like the brat that always cause troubles no more." He said and Eunji smiled. "It's good to see you in different places and with different attitudes." He said.

"Oppa, are you flattering me right now?" She asked and Joongki shrugged. 

"Who knows?" He asked and one of his team member: Kang Soo Mi, called to let him know that the car is ready to go.

"Alright, let's catch up soon on your day off."

"Deh." Eunji said and walked Joongki to the elevator. Before the door closes, Joongki waved at her and signaled her to go back to work. 

*Flashback*

Back in the days when Eunji was still living in the United States with her parents, Joongki's dad would come over to Eunji's. While Joongki was reading quietly, Eunji would be throwing glances at him from time to time. "Are you going to continue to stalk for long?" He asked and Eunji rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not stalking." She told him and Joongki shrugged.

"For me it is." He replied and Eunji came to him and analyzed the book he was reading. 

"What is this book about?"

"Criminal Psychology." He replied and Eunji sat in front of him and would remain there for a while until Joongki gets annoyed, having her stared at him for so long, then both would go train their fighting skills.

*End of Flashback*

Eunji smiled at the memory before continuing her way back to the front desk.

----

Eunji was peacefully sleeping in the residents' room, with the lights on, when someone entered there and turned off the lights. She woke up few minutes later and sat up. She let out a disapointed sigh, since her fear would be a burden to others. She has been dreaming about her standing alone on a road at night, when a car came and hit her. She took her coat and arranged herself before leaving the place. Because of some emergency, L had to switch shifts with Hyoyeon who needed some time off this morning. L was supposed to be working with her tonight. She walked down the hallway and passed by the main counter. A young girl who was on her wheel chair stopped there, trying to reach something on the floor. It was an origami of a bird. Eunji helped her to pick it up. 

"Thank you." Said the little girl to her. "No problem." Eunji said and her hair. "I mean for saving my legs." She said and smiled. The kid put the origami on Eunji's hand. "I made it with a doctor today in order to give it to you." She explained and Eunji smiled. The girl took her leave back to her room.

She looked at the wheelchair whom the kid's brother came to push her and thought for a while before continuing her way. Eunji smiled. She silently walked to the hallway and sat on one of the benches. Her phone started to ring whom she answered only before it was transferred to her voicemail. "Hello?" She said. 

"It's oppa." Chanyeol said. "What are you doing right now?" He asked and Eunji stretched out her arms. "I just woke up from my sleep." She replied and looked at the time. "No emergency. No cases. What should I do?" She asked and her brother happily offered to spend time with her. "How?" She asked. "I'm here!" She heard her brother's voice from the other end of the hallway. She turned to the preovenance of the noise. "Oppa, what are you doing here?" She asked and stood up. Chanyeol ran down the hallway with his arms wide opened. "My little sister." He said and Eunji smiled. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked and Chanyeol shrugged. "I had some matters." He replied. "Why are you being suspicious?" She asked and nodded. "I will not ask further, it is your business anyway." She said. "Don't worry, I am not going to do anything illegal." He told her and she smiled. "I don't suspect that either." She told him and then they both sat down on the benches. "Oppa, let me lean my back against yours, since you're so tall." She said to Chanyeol who laughed at this idea.

Just like this, Eunji remained on the benches with the presence of her brother until late. When Chanyeol left as Eunji went with him to the parking lot, she gave him a hug before letting him go. "Thank you oppa." She told him and he patted her head. "Eunji, don't hold anything and let it go. Then close the book. It time to do so since it will greatly affect you more and more." He said and held his pincky out. She nodded and interwined hers with his.

"Oppa, before you go, I suddenly remembered mom and dad's accident." She told him and he smiled. "Everything will be alright."

'Sometimes, it is better to let things go. However, it is by allowing bad things to happen that better things could come in.'

Eunji went back into the resident's room and went to a bed. She laid down and took a deep breath before closing her eyes. Someone in the hallway smiled at the door who went closed and didn't saw Eunji coming back out again. He then walked away with the patient's chart in his hand.

"Minhye, come with me for a a bit." Chief Jang called out in the hallway, when Eunji passed by. Minhye who was in a patient's war dropped what she was doing and followed the Chief. Eunji noticed the expression on Chief Jang's face and she knew someone was about to get scold. "What were you doing this afternoon?" He asked and Minhye only had her eyes lowered to the ground. Eunji decided to go do her rounds further away, and so disppeared from their sights. "Look up." He ordered. "I came down into the Emergency Department and heard some unpleasing words from you. I am pretty sure you know what I am talking about. You are to apologize to Dr. Kim and Dr. Park."

The next day, Eunji was on patrol and when she walked down the hallway near the emergency room, she felt someone running towards her from behind. She turned and saw an old lady coming to her. She grabbed her hand to prevent Eunji from going further. The old lady was catching her breath as Eunji wondered what happened. "What is wrong halmeoni?" She asked and patted her back so she can feel better. 

"Doctor, you have to come." She said. "Where to?" Eunji asked and the grandma explained the situation. "This place is so dirty." She says and Eunji let out an embarassed laugh. "I will see what I can do." She said but the elder shook her head. "Not that kind of dirty, but whereveer I walk to, there is a cold chill, there are spirits watching us. Look... There is one behind you." The old woman said which Eunji hesitated before turning slowly to look behind her. She saw someone standing behind her which startled her and made her let out a scream. She put her hands to her lips and heard someone laugh behind her. "I'm sorry Dr.Park." Mark said and Eunji covered her face in embarassement. Mark was amused at her reaction and then turned to the old lady. "What is wrong?" Asked Mark and looked at the old lady. "Dr. Trust me, there are ghosts everywhere." She said and Mark narrowed his eyes, wondering about what the woman just said.

"Halmeoni, let us give you a disgnosis." Said Mark and Eunji agreed with her eyes. "Doctor, you think I am lying?" Asked the elder and Eunji and Mark assured her that they are not. "Don't worry Halmeoni, we will find a way to get rid of the ghosts." Said Mark and the elder nodded. "You don't need to worry, this doctor here is very strong, she will fight the ghosts." Mark continued and the three of them laughed.

----

"You really look tired." Said Mark who walked her back to the Neurosurgery Department. "I slept late yesterday." She told him and he nodded. A noise of something falling on the floor resounded in the hallway they were in which made Eunji quickly turned to look behind her which amused Mark. "Is it me, or our dear Dr. Park is scared of ghosts?" Asked Mark which Eunji only smiled. "Actually, Dr. Tuen, I am not supertitious, however, some situations, just scares you." She tried to explain herself which in the end, gave up.

Mark looked at his watch. "I'm done with my shift, are you?" He asked and Eunji looked at the time. "I am done soon, I will go to a patient first before going home." She answered and Mark nodded. "Do you want to have a coffee before heading back?" He asked her. "At the cafeteria?" "Sure why not?" She said and the two walked to the cafeteria. 

The two sat down after getting their coffee. "Actually..."

----

"It has been quite quiet these past week." Said Seojin. Then the phone started to ring. "You spoke too fast!" Leehye, his colleague, shouted at him and threw him a pointer. "Hello?" Leehye answered the phone. 

The Next Day

It was around 7 at night, Eunji was at the counter at the Neurosurgery Department. She stared at one patient's chart and Dr. Shin came up to her. "Dr. Park." He called and Eunji turned to him. "Yes." She said and her supervisor told her to follow him. The two doctors from the neurosurgery department entered a meeting room where Mark and Dr. Long (chinese nationality) the head doctor of the Psychiatry Department. "Hello, Dr. Park, Dr. Tuen, we have called you today because of a patient you have sent to the Psychiatry Department yesteday." The two nodded. "She seems to be very normal, but however, she still sees the "spirits" around the hospital, so I decided to talk about his matter with Dr. Shin." Said Dr. Long. "What do you think is the matter?" Asked Dr. Shin to Eunji. Eunji looked at the report in front of her and tilt her head. "If she is normal and have no mental disease, then surely it is something about her optic nerves." She said and Dr. Shin nodded. "We decided to bring her for a CT scan and.." The result of the scan appeared on the fluorescent screen, with the lights of the room off. "We discovered a tumor on her frontal lobe."

----

Late at night, after the tumor removal surgery, Eunji went to the Emergency Room for a patient chart. She passed by the lobby which was empty by this time. 

After 19 years of prison, Kwon Sanggyu have been released 6 years earlier because of a positive behaviour. At that time, the medias were all crazy about it because the victims were the founders of the Park Corporation. 

Eunji walked passed the news, as she headed towards the Emergency room. "Good evening, I am here for a patient's file that I requested earlier." She told the nurse of the front desk. "Yes, please wait a moment." She told her and Eunji thanked her and looked around. "Are you guys very busy now?" She asked and the nurse nodded. "Dr. Tuen just went into a meeting with a surgeon while others are scattered around the place." The nurse replied and held the file to her. "Thank you very much." Eunji said before leaving.

----

Mark came back from his patrol. "Did Dr. Park from the Neurosurgery Department stopped here by any chance?" He asked and the nurse from the front desk who just came in for her night shift apologized and explained she only got here 15 minutes ago. Dr. Tuen nodded when JR called him. "Oh Jinyoung-ah." He said and walked out of the department. 

----

PARK HOUSEHOLD

Chanyeol waited for everyone to leave the house before coming back. He went up the third floor, into the room where his parents' belongings were all packed into boxes. Clothes, pictures. He found three of them written files/documents. He opened the first one up to see papers and files all put together like a mess.

His phone started to ring and Chanyeol stopped doing what he was doing and picked up the call. "Hello?" He answered while using his shoulder to support the phone near his ear. "It's me." Joongki said. "I have the date that Kwon Sunggyu would be released. This Thursday." He said on the other line. "This Thursday?" Asked Chanyeol, stopping everything he was doing. "It has not been revealed because of the mdeias attention it would gather around him and your uncle." Joongki replied.

"Then...?" Chanyeol started to say. "Then when will we meet him?" 

"I will arrange a time." 

"Alright." Chanyeol said. "I will continue to search through my parents' stuff. Also, Eunji have suddenly asked about our parents' death." 

"We should tell her eventually, but not now."

"Right."

"She is quite busy lately, seeing how she has to stay at the hospital almost everyday, it's better if we have found enough before opening up this topic." 

"I will make sure to prevent her from getting too much into it, so she coud focus on herself."

"What I fear is there might be a turning point as soon as he gets out. He received an unknown mail yesterday at his jail." Joongki explained, looking at the picture of Kwon Sanggyu on his computer screen. "I will try to track down his family's whereabouts and the provenance of this mail." 

"Thank you."

"No problem, we all have the same goal anyways."

"I guess we do."