Kwon Sanggyu

Another Truth

"Kwon Sanggyu-shi, I think you might or might not know the reason I have requested to meet you. Let me first introduce myself, Song Joongki from the Severe Crime Unit." He said and held out his hand. The man politely shook his hand and Chanyeol spoke up. "I am Park Chanyeol..." Without having to mention anything else, Joongki noticed the subtle tension formed in Sanggyu's expression, although he tried to mask it with a facade. "I do not think I need to further go into the reason we are here right? This name is enough to provide you enough insights." The police said and the man gulped. "I fear that I do not have much to say." The man said.

"We will reinvestigate the case." Joongki said and the man lifted up his eyes and met Joongki's. That was the most reaction Joongki had gotten so far, and he knew something was behind hat. But what? All he had now were assumptions made, but to which extent were they right? "Both you and us know you are not the one who should be sitting here." The prisoner stood up at those words and excused himself. "I really do not know what you're talking about, please excuse me, I have..."

"You are getting out in 2 days. Do you think your family and yourself would really be safe?" Joongki asked and the man turned to him. "You have thought too much detective. This case is closed, and I only wish to start my life all over again." And before he left the room, Chanyeol told him something. "Ahjussi, do you really think you can start all over again?" He asked. "If you need to contact me, you know where and how to do it." And the man left the room. "Hyung, what do we do?" Chanyeol asked and the detective picked up the pen he was playing with throughout the whole time from the table. “If pur assumptions so far were correct, he will find us.” He said and mysteriously smiled. “Ah. I almost forgot.” He said and took out his phone, sending something to Chanyeol. “You mentioned you wanted to access a file in your company but couldn’t. J said this could help. Hacking into the system, and you might find what are the meanings behind “invalid”.” 

“Thanks. I knew I could count on you.”

”Why? There are troubles in your company?” Joongki asked and Chanyeol shrugged. “Not troubles but these files seemed to have blocked out every accesses from anyone. Nothing important, but for my own curiosity.” “Hope it stays this way.” He patted Chanyeol’s shoulder. "Oh by the way, Eunji mentioned to me that there was an empty package being sent to your house? Do you need me to investigate through this matter?" Asked Joongki and the brother shook his head. "Maybe some people are just very bored nowadays. Don't worry about it. If it continues, I will find them myself for sure." Chanyeol replied and the two of them left the room they were at. 

Meanwhile, Sanggyu walked back to his cell and wondered how could life be so messy. His inmates were all attending a speach given by a sister at the chapel. He did not need to worry about anything, he will be getting out in 2 days, nothing will happen. His wife and daughter were in safe hands, he had nothing to worry about. 'Yes, I do not need to worry.' He thought to himself, hoping to oppress the doubts that the detective and chaebol succeeded to build in him. He chased the thoughts away and one of the prison guard came to the cell, knocking on the bars with his stick. "459968, are you going to join others or not?" He asked and Sanggyu quickly picked up his bible, a bible and a pocket notebook before the prison guard led him to his inmates at the chapel. 'Right. There is no use to doubt. What has been done is done.' He thought and shoved the business card into his bible, forgetting about it. 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol went into his car, parked at the parking lot of the prison while Joongki went away first because of a call he received from Minhyuk. While Chanyeol was arranging his hair, for he was about to head to the coffee shop, his phone started to ring which drifted his attention from the mirror towards his phone screen. 'Unknown ID.' He read and answered the phone call. "Yes, Park Chanyeol speaking." He said after swiping left on his screen. But no one spoke on the other line. "Hello?" Still no answer and that was when he noticed, when he looked back into the mirror, a black box resting on the back passenger seats. The call was cut and Chanyeol did not bother too much with it for he was more concerned with the box that rested behind his car.

He pushed himself backward and grabbed the box, bringing it back to the front. No address. No name. The same as last time, which was sent to his house. He frowned before opening it to find nothing in it. "This is starting to get on my nerve." He told himself. He did not know how the person managed to enter his car without causin the alarm from his car and watch to ring. How did the person know he would be here at this specific time? There was only one possibility: there is a spy around him. He smirked. "Am I going to play hide and seek now?" He asked himself and he dialed a number. "Secreatry Yeong, reschedule every single appointments I have tomorrow. I will drop by the office later." He said and hunged up. He looked at his phone and thought for a while. "Eunji tracked JJH with a phone years ago...” He mumbled and decided to take out his SIM card for now and turned the phone off, before he took out another phone from his coat's inner pocket, dialing Eunji's number.

SEOUL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY

Eunji was finally done with her shift and the calendar hanged on the wall in the women changing room attracted her attention. 'Our days in the Neurosurgery Department will soon come to an end.' She thought. She took out her pager and put at the top of her locker. Hyoyeon came into the room, letting out a big relieved sigh. "Done?" She asked and Eunji nodded. "Any plans?" She asked and Eunji shook her head. "Lucky. I have a dinner to go to." She said and noticed Eunji trying to refrain from asking further more, to remain polite. "Don't worry. You can ask me anything." She said and Hyoyeon took off her white coat. "With my boyfriend." She said and smiled. "Hope you find yours too. It is a lovely feeling." She said and Eunji nodded. "Yes."

"And if you do not intend of dating someone, sometimes it is better to make it clear before everything gets even more awkward." With those words, she patted Eunji's shoulders, and left. Eunji remained silent. Her phone started to ring and it was her brother who was calling. "Oppa." She answered, still a little dazed with what her senior just told her. "Eunji... I might be weird, but did your get any mail today?" He asked and Eunji looked at the time. "I am going home soon, I will drop by my mailbox at the hospital and on the way home too. Why?" 

"Nothing, I was wondering if I got any mails. Tell me if something... alright?" 

"Yes." They hung up and Eunji wondered why her brother was being so strange. "Everything is anyways." She said and put on a coat before she walked out of the changing rooms. She headed first to the main reception office to get her mailbox checked, in case there are any documents or letters intended for her. Nothing. She walked out of the main reception, she headed towards the bus station right in front of the hospital. Usually, Eunji judged it would be better if she did not drive when she does a night shift. As soon as she arrived at the stop, the bus came. She came up the bus to see Mark sitting in the back, asleep. She did not know how he already got on the bus, unless he had already left before her which is not impossible, since the way the Emergency Department works was different than the Neurosurgery Department. 

She went to sit besides him, and she noticed the sun that was shining brightly. The bus passed on a bump on the road and Mark's head rested on her right shoulder, which surprised her. She let out a laugh before she held out her hand, to shadow Mark's face from the sunrays. She found herself smiling on her own reflection on the windows, and she froze. 'What is this? What am I doing?' She asked herself and another bump the bus went through, and Mark woke up. "Oh... Eunji." He called in his sleepy voice. "I did not see you come in." He said and and looked at the time. "Wow." He said and let out an embarrassed laugh. "I missed my bus stop 3 times." He said and Eunji scoffed. "Are you for real?" She asked and let out a laugh.

"It is the first time I heard someone doing it." She managed to say after her laughter died down. "You should laugh more often, it suits you." He said and it was his turn to smile at her. "W...what?" She asked, although she heard what he said. "You heard me." He said and smiled again seeing the reaction on her face: confused. 

"Where are you heading Eunji-ah?" He asked and the young lady cleared . "I am going home, but will have to drop by the postoffice beforehand of my neighbourhood." She said. "My apartment is near my bus stop, I will drive you so it would be less tiring for you. You already had a night shift." He offered and before she could decline the offer, he stopped her. "You don't need to be too formal, I do not have anything important to do anyways." He said and smiled again. Eunji thanked him and turned away. Mark reached out his hand over the window, creating a shadow over Eunji's face. She turned back to him and he only kindly smiled back. 

'Park Eunji... you are getting weird. No. I should ask what is wrong with you... Are you falling in love?'