The Nephew

Another Truth

AUTHOR POV

The alarm went off and Eunji sat on her bed. "I'm so tired." She said and let out a yawned. She stayed like this for a while, looking around her room before she put on her slippers. "Why is the house so calm?" She asked herself. L was with his parents since his sister just came back to Korea while her uncle and brother are still in the house. She looked at the clock. "Oppa!" She called and knocked at his door which she received no answer. She opened the door seeing Chanyeol still in his bed, sleeping. She heard the phone ringing and she quickly closed the door to go answer it.

"Hello?" Said Eunji but then, she received no answer back. It was only silence. "Hello?" She said once again and still nothing. She hung up. The phone ring again and she picked it up. "Hello?" She said. "Eunji, I need your help now." It was L who called. "What's up?" She asked. "Taehyun left the house." "Bwo? What happened?" She asked. "We all got into a fight..." L replied. "Alright I will search for him on my side, while you guys search on your side." She said and hung up. She looked at what she was wearing and she was wearing a black T-Shirt from her brother, a pair of legging. "Good enough." She said and arranged herself before brush her teeth and took her coat and the car's keys before leaving the house.

Eunji drove around as she tried to find out where a teenage boy would want to hang out. "Downtown?" She asked herself and drive to there. She was driving aorund the streets that started to fill up as she carefully looked around. She saw in an alley a boy, and she quickly decided to go there. She parked hr car nearby and entered the alley. "Taehyun-ah!" Eunji called when she realized it was really him that she saw earlier. The teenage boy turned to her. "Noona.." He said and started to run away. 

"I don't want to go back!" He shouted. "Yah!" Eunji shouted back and ran after him. "Taehyun! I didn't call anyone yet!" She told him. He stopped running. "I swear I didn't." She assured him. "Do you really want to run? I'm confident enough to catch you." She finished and Taehyun turned to her. She walked to him and let out a relieved sigh. "I will text L to stop searhcing and that I'll take care of you." She said and text L. She showed him the tex before sending. "Now everything is good?" She asked and he nodded.

"You hungry?" She asked. He shook his head but as soon as he did, his stomach started to growl. Eunji cleared . "Alright, let's go for some food. My treat of course. What do you want to eat?" She asked. Taehyun shrugged. "Let's go for... traditionnal food." She said. "I'm sure in London you don't get to eat stuff like that." She said and pulled him to her car. "Do you want to talk about the bruise on your left corner lip and your cheek?" She asked.

"I..."

"Whatever you say to me will be kept secret." She said.

"Noona, I.. got into fights." He explained and Eunji nodded. "Why did you?" She asked. "They were laughing at me. People laughed at me that I'm rich. That in everything I do, my family supports me. They laughed because I get everything I want when I open my mouth. Everything is done for me when I order it." He said. "I just want to have some normal time. I just want to be free from that. I don't want to be a bird in a cage. It's suffocating." He said.

"Then did you talked about it with your mother?" Eunji asked. 

"Before even arriving to that point, she already started to lecture me." He said.

"How about your uncle?" She asked.

"He is so busy that I don't want to distract him." 

"Taehyun-ah, I didn't know that after 6 years, I would meet you, a teenager." She said. "There, the restaurant is there." She said and parked the car. "You should try some spicy food, I swear that after eating, all you could think of is the spicyness not other things." She said. 

At the end of the meal, Eunji and Taehyun went to a park nearby. They sat down as Taehyun was staring at the view of the city in front of him. "Taehyun. It is good to be frank with people around you. The more you are, the more you can understand each other and help each toher. If one start to keep things, one day they will explode. I do not hope that this day would come for you. So now, enjoy the rest of the day, and at the end, go and do whatever your thearts tells you to do." She said when Taehyun seemed to be feeling better. "Araseo." He said. "Oh?" They both heard someone say in front of them. 

Eunji lfted up her eyes and saw Mark. "Dr. Tuen." She said. "Dr. Tuen?" Mark asked. "Please call me Mark outside of hospital." He said. His eyes met Taehyun's who has been glaring at him for this entire time. "This.."

"This is Myungsoo's nephew. Taehyun." Eunji said and Taehyun lightly bowed. "Nice to meet you Taehyun." Said Mark and as a response, Taehyun turned his face away which flustered Mark, making him feel uncomfortable, without Eunji seeing. "Where are you going?" She asked Mark. "I'm heading out for some groceries." He replied. "How about you?" He asked. "I'm hanging out with this little guy here." Answered Eunji who patted Taehyun's head, making Mark smile. "Noona, let's go now." 

"Now? Where?" Eunji asked and Taehyun turned to Mark. "Ahjussi wants to do some shopping. We have nothing to do anyways." He replied and Eunji mouthed an apology to Mark. "It is fine. Then shall we go?" He asked and Taehyun nodded. "You lead the way since Noona and I do not know quite well our ways." He said coldly and Eunji started to wonder what was wrong with Taehyun. Mark let out a laugh and walked in front of them.

"Taehyun-ah, why are you being like that?" Eunji asked and the nephew turned to Eunji. "Noona, this ahjussi..." He sighed. "I met him once back in London." He said and Eunji's jaw dropped. "Really?" She asked and Mark and Taehyun started to laugh. 

"You could totally be an actor." Mark told Taehyun and the teenage boy shrug. 

"So basically, we met in London one time when I was visiting my friend, and I lost my wallet." Mark explained. "It was Taehyun who found it and that was how we come to know each other." Mark continued. "This world is so small."

They headed into a shopping centre nearby and while Eunji and Taehyun followed Mark. "Noona look at this." The nephew said and put a feathered hat on his head. Eunji agreed on this look and dared him to wear it for the rest of the day. When Mark got what he needed they walked around the shoppin centre. "Have you known Dr. Kim for long for you to know his nephew?" Mark asked and Eunji turned to him. She nodded. "Since high school." She replied. "And this little guy too." She continued and Taehyun ignored her last comment. "Now you're ignoring?" She asked and Taehyun stucked out his tongue and both Mark and Eunji laughed.

***

Chanyeol walked onto the 35th floor of his company, where his pffice was located at, passing by his secretary's desk. "Mr. Park." Chanyeol nodded before entering his office. He loosen his tie before he took out a bunch of files from his bag then realizes something he could do. He sat down in front of his computer and opened the company managing system. He entered his password and looked for files from the years from 2000 to 2006. 

Invalid.

The older brother frowned and tried again, but in vin, there were nothing that matched what he was searching for. He called for his secretary to his office. "Mr. Kim, you have been working in this corporation for a while, do you happen to know anything concerning old files?" He asked and the secretary thought for a while. "I have never came across old files, normally it is the Research Department or the Stats Department that provide useful informations during meetings." 

Chanyeol nodded and thanked the secretary. Mr. Kim left the room and Chanyeol fell back on his chair. "What is this..." He grabbed his outer jacket and walked to the elevator, heading to the 10th floor. Where the Research and Stats Departments are.

***

"Miss!" Shouted Taehyun who noticed the wallet falling out of her purse. Eunji and Mark turned to the teenager and he chased after the woman walking away, few metres in front of them. He caught up to the pregnant woman and Mark smiled. "This reminds me so much of the past." Mark commented. "Not everyone are that kind-hearted." Eunji nodded.

"Miss, here you go." Taehyun said and the pregnant lady thanked the teenage boy. "I wouldn't know what to do without my wallet." She said. "Thank you once again." Just right when she took a step forward, she held her belly. "Oh my gosh..." She said and before she loses balance, Taehyun hold onto her. She started to catch her breath while trying to speak up. "I... I think my water broke." She managed to say and gasped in pain. Taehyun froze on the spot, not knowing what to do before Eunji and Mark came besides him running. 

"Quick, let's bring her somewhere she could sit." Mark said while Eunji was dialing the emergency number. Mark brought the lady to the nearest bench and knelt in front of the lady. "Do not worry, we are doctors. No matter what happen, we will be with you. Right now, we will wait for the ambulance, and keep me up to date when the pain will come more frequent and when the pain becomes unbearable. The woman nodded and took a deep breath in and exhaled. Taehyun on his side was standing on the other side of the pregnant lady, wondering what he should do.