Helping Out

Another Truth

AUTHOR POV

Jr's Appartment

Jr returned home and took some rest. But his mind was tormented by his own thoughts. There was a lot of questions bothering him. He was staring at the ceiling from his bed as he listened to the tik tok sound coming from the clock from the wall. He lives alone in an appartment, near the hospital, he lives away from his parent.

While he was hesitating making the move or not, staring at the ceiling, his cellphone started to ring. "Yeobeoseyo?" He said. "It's me. Let's meet." He heard a voice said on the other line. He hesitated before he let out a light sigh. "Where?" He asked and sat up. "The usual place."

"I will be there." Jr said and hung up. He stood up and went to take his coat before leaving his appartment,

 

Seoul Medical University Hospital (Neurosurgery Department)

Eunji and L were watching the patient being brought to the Respiratory Therapy Department, the door went closed and they went back to the main counter. "Tonight everything seems alright right?" The head nuse asked as she put down the patient's file who had Emphysema. Both of the residents bowed to her. "Neh." They both replied in the same time. "I told you guys to not be so formal. It actually makes me feel uncomfortable." Jinhyun said with a warm smile. 

"We understand."

"I will give this to the patient. Excuse me." She said and bowed her head at them before she went to the wing C. 

"Let's go to work too." Eunji suggested and L nodded. Eunji walked towards a room in Wing B when L called her name. "Eunji." He called. She stopped walking and turned to face him. "Deh?" She asked. He looked at her before he smiled. "Nothing." He said and Eunji only found him strange for this. She turned and continued her way.

"Yah Kim Myungsoo... You must be losing your mind right now... It's not because you gave her the shoes that you can think you have a chance..." He said to himself as he continued to look at Eunji walking. He shook his head and went to work also.

Hyoyeon who just arrived to work saw the scene and thought for a short moment. "L also likes her... Deeply." She said to herself and shook her head. She quickly went to her locker and got changed. 

 

Around 8:45 PM, Eunji and L both were almost done with their work. Eunji was making sure that the patient she gave pain killer earlier is fine. She made sure that other patients weren't in pain, or going to get transferred. She was in the main counter, prescribing pain killer to those who have to take them, like patients who got their surgery. Her phone, in her pocket, started vibrating. She took it out and answered the phone call.

"Yes?" She said when she slid the answer button on the screen. "I'm going to meet up with you in the main entrance." L said on the other line. "Araseo." Eunji said. "I'm going to make sure that's everything is fine befoe joining you." She replied as she signed on the paper. "Geurae." L said. "Be sure to not make any mistakes." He joked. 

"Yah." Eunji said and they both laughed. They hung up and Eunji held the file to a nurse and told them to follow her instructions written in it. She turned and saw Jr. She was surprised to see him. "Sunbae-nim." She called. She realized what she said. "Jr-shi, I mean." She said. The young man smiled at her and looked into her eyes. "Is something wrong?" She asked kindly. 

Jr shook his head. "Then, I will be heading home." She said and bowed her head to him. "Deh." Jr said, watching Eunji walking towards the entrance. 

 

Eunji and L were taking the bus home. L turned to her. "Have you spoke with your uncle yet about your thoughts?" He asked while the bus took its time passing by every single stops. It was at a time where there is not many passengers on the bus so it was very silent. 

"Yeah, I had a serious talk with him and explaining my concerns to him." She said and Myungsoo nodded. 

"That is good. What is it then that makes you feel bothered?" He asked and she shrugged. "I'm not sure, but sometimes being successful could take away your own sense of humanity." She said and L reflected on those words carefully. 

 

SATURDAY

Eunji and L were having driving class in the morning since they have a day off. The first day off they've got. They thought they will always have to be on duty everyday but they noticed that their schedule have been loosen up and finally got to get some rest. After the lesson, Eunji decided to walk around the area she was living in, just to get to know about the neighborhood she's never in all day. Like she did when they were in London. Later on, Eunji and L decided to stop by the coffee shop, where her brother was working at today.

"Annyeonghaseyo." L and her said when they entered the shop. Chanyeol smiled at their appearance. "Eunji! L! Nice timing." He said. 

"You have a day off today?" L.Joe asked from the second floor. "Deh." She replied.

"Why is everyone paying attention to Eunji and not me?" L asked and Daehyun and L.Joe shrugged. Everyone laughed while DaEun was cleaning the table. "Come on Eunji, sing a song before leaving." Chanyeol said. "Andwae." Eunji replied and L smiled. "One song." L said. "Yah!" Eunji said and she was pulled by L towards the stage. "Yah!" Daehyun and L.Joe shouted to stop the young man.

Meanwhile, Eunji glared at L and he just smiled in return. "Alright then. One song." She said in surrender. "Alright!" Chanyeol shouted and turned to his sister. "Tonight after your appointment, make sure to come home." Chanyeol said and smiled. "You're going to be surprised." He continued and went to the piano. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

 

It was a nice day, the breeze was light and refreshing. The sun was warm and the sky was blue and clear. The leaves started to fall already and while waiting for the light to turn green, Eunji lifted up her eyes to the sky and thought back at her school days. She was on her way home from her run.

The light turned green and she stood up. "Let's go." She said and walked on the road. She was taking some slow steps while her heart was beating faster by seconds. 'Since that day, where Woohyun left, I have been kind of afraid to cross big roads. I don't know why. Everytime the beeping sounds coming from the lights was heard, my heart would start to beat faster and faster.' Eunji thought while she tried to focus in front of her. 'I'm not unable to cross though. I can do it. But I have to stop for a while before continuing my way.' She took a deep breath before taking a step, then another, until she reached the other side of the road.

She arrived at a corner of the street and was going to turn left before she bumped into someone. Luckily, she had time to stop herself, she only lightly bumped into the person. She looked up and saw Mark.

"Oh?" They both did, surprised to see each other. "Eunji-shi." Mark said. "Annyeonghaseyo." She said. She noticed that Mark was also walking with his dog. "Is it yours?" Eunji asked and kneeled down to ruffle it fur on it head. It was also a golden retriever. "Annyeong." Eunji said. "What is his name?" She asked. "Seoju." He replied. "That's a cute name." Eunji commented. The dog did not seemed to be bothered by the presence of a stranger.  

"Where are you going?" Mark asked the young lady. "I'm only walking around. " She replied and Mark nodded. "If you don't mind, let's walk a bit together." He offered.

"Sure." She said. They were walking around the shops while the dog was enjoying their walk. "How is your eye going? I can see the blue has already gone." Eunji asked feeling once again bad for hitting him so hard. "It's alright now, thanks for the eggs. It really helped." He said and smiled. "Glad to hear this." Eunji replied. "How are you doing so far in neurosurgery?" He asked.

"Pretty good." She replied. "There's a lot to learn. A lot of cases." She replied and smiled. Mark smiled on his side.

 

Eunji walked back to the coffee shop and L was cleaning the counter and was actually helping out. "Annyeonghaseyo." L said to her, as if she was a client and a stranger. "Annyeonghaseyo." Eunji said back to him, playing his game. "May I help you?" He asked. "Ani. I'm here for someone." She replied. She put down her stuff besides the counter and looked around. "No one is performing?" She asked and L turned to her. "You want to perform?" He asked. She hit L playfully. "Yah." She said to him.

"Hyung, someone ordered for an iced coffee, a latte, one butter roll and one chocolate mousse cake." Kang Woo said to Daehyun. The young man turned to the young boy, startled. "Neh." He said and went to prepare the order. 

L pinched Eunji's nose while she held his phone. "Yah both of you." Chanyeol came and said. He took the phone while the two stopped what they were doing. The brother smirked and ran away with the phone. "Yah!" Eunji and L shouted. DaEun was in the counter when Eunji came to her, giving up the phone she took a while back. "You should go rest, I will help out." She offered. The worker looked at her. "Jinja?" DaEun asked. Eunji nodded. "Jinja." Eunji assured the worker. "Go rest, eat something. I will tell them to serve you." She continued and winked. 

Daeun hesitated before she sat at a table. While Kang Woo went to take an order, the butter roll, the iced coffee, the latte and a chocolate mousse cake prepared by Daehyun, Eunji told Kang Woo to tell one of the men to serve DaEun. "It's pretty." Eunji said when Daehyun finished preparing a fruit cake. "Right?" He asked and Eunji nodded. "If not, I would have told you." Daehyun nodded. "True." He said.

Meanwhile, it was L who went to take DaEun' order, since L.Joe was taking an order and Chanyeol was on stage, playing guitar. Kang Woo was taking the orders to the customers, Daehyun was in the counter, preparing cakes, Eunji was also in the counter, only Myungsoo was left. When the young man arrived at the table, Daeun was wondering about his relationship with Eunji. 

L went to bring the order to the counter. "Oh? You were the one who went?" Eunji asked. "Only me had nothing to do." He replied and held the paper to her. "Good job." She said and nodded. Daehyun finished preparing the first cake and went to give it to DaEun. 

"Your favourite." Said Daehyun as he put down the sweet on the table. Daeun smiled and tilt her head. 

"You better remember for the rest of your life." She said and the young man laughed. "Yeh." 


Here is a chapter! Later today, I will post another chapter so stay tunned for the update! The story is prgressing slowly, but soon, things will start happening! Please continue to support this story! Please do vote and subscribe! And if you can leave a comment! Next chapter: Scattered into Pieces. What do you think will happen?