Staircase

Another Truth

*Beep Beep*

Eunji pulled out the emergency device and quickly ran towards A5-68, it was the room of the man who had a brain hemorrhage and it was the man who Eunji performed her first surgery as first hand assistant with Jr, weeks ago. The man was recovering in ICU and a week ago, he got out of it. When she arrived at the room, the machine besides the bed showed 0 heartbeat. "Dr. Park, the patient has suddenly had a cardio arrest." Said the nurse. Quickly, she took the defribrillator that was brought there and started to reanimate him.

"200 joules." She called and the nurse quickly put the amount on the machine. "1,2,3, charge." The heart was still not beating. "250 joules." She called. "Charge." Still nothing. "300 joules." She called. "Charge." She put away the defibrillator and started performing compressions. "Come on. You underwent 4 surgeries in total within a year, don't you give up now." She said and still nothing. "Come on, your wife and child are waiting for you." The nurses did not know what to do since it has already been 15 minutes since the patient's heart had stopped but Eunji still continued performing CPR.

Chief Shin arrived and pulled Eunji's arm. "It's enough. He has gone. Go take a breath outside then come back later." Eunji took a deep breath and calmed herself down. She stepped out of the aisle and headed to the staircase, after passing by the elevators. She sat on the stairs and let out a deep sigh. She closed her eyes for a while and just remained this way until at a certain point, she heard someone sitting next to her. 

She opened her eyes to see Mark besides her. She did not know what to do and she knew she still needed to gather her thoughts here. "I like the hospital's staircase because you can do a lot of thinking here." He started to say and held out a bottle of water to her. "As a doctor, you encounter life and death every single day. Letting it go does not mean forgetting about the patient, but it is to allow ourselves to mature and learn from it. It teaches us to cherish every single patient we have. But bear in mind, we are no gods. All we can do is our best from our knowledge."

"Sunbae..." She called and Mark let out a laugh. "Seems like I am getting different kind of names from you." He said and she smiled back.

*** 

She have few missed calls from L and her phone didn't stop receiving his calls. "Mianhae Myung. I will text you later." She said as she texted her thoughts. As she sent the text, she received a call from an unknown number. She looked at it in confusion and decided to answer. "Hello?" She said as she stopped the music, playing on her computer. 

"It's me, Jr." She heard. She looked at her screen again. 'I didn't exhange numbers with him.' She thought. She put the phone near her ear again. "How come you have my number Jr-shi?" She asked. "Let's say someone gave it to me." He explained. Eunji knew it was L. "Would you like to have dinner tonight?" He asked after gathering all his courage.

She thought for a while. "Dinner?" She asked again. "Deh, I would like to have dinner with you." Jr said again. After thinking about the offer, Eunji accepted. If she went, she would be able to have time by herself and she wasn't that awkward around Jr. She prefer to go out instead of staying home. 

"Do you want me to drive you?" He asked. "It's okay, let's meet up at the place you want." She said. "Where would you like to go eat?" He asked. She thought for a while. "Let's go somewhere comfortable." She suggested and Jr understood what it meant. "I know a place, near the hospital." He said and Eunji was satisfied with the place.

"I will see you there." She said. "I end at 6 today." He said. "Then we will meet there around 6:15?" "Ok, sounds good for me." Eunji said.

 

Seoul University Hospital (Neurology Department)

"Thank you." L said to Jr. "She won't answer me, she is not the type to easily show her emotions. When she is troubled she tends to hide it. Everytime we changed environtment, when she encounters a death of a patient, she will hide." L stopped talking and shyly smiled.

"I'm sorry." He said, embarassed. "Anyo." Jr said. "No need to apologize." He said. "It's alright for you to worry, since you have known each other for so long." Jr said and Myungsoo nodded. He was still worried about how Eunji was. "It's not time to rest yet." Hyoyeon said behind them. "Mianhae." They both stood up and said. When they realised it was Hyoyeon they let out a relieved sigh. 

"Come on." She said and they both followed her.


Here is a chapter! Enjoy it! Next chapter: Just tonight. What do think will happen between Eunji and Jr? After the next chapter, there is finally some action! And don't worry, the love story will make further steps after the next chapter. So please be patient, I can't garantee that I will post a chapter this week but I will try! I hope that maybe during Saturday earlier or later depending on where you are. Continue to support this story please! Please do subscribe and vote! Also don't feel shy to comment! I would gladly read your thoughts! Thank you for everyone who have been supporting this story until now! Thank you for your patience.