Flirting

Another Truth

AUTHOR POV

Eunji was walking in the hallway when she received a call from the Emergency Department. She quickly ran down the hallway and went to the stairs, seeing that the elevator was busy. She arrived at the room and saw a man covered in blood while a woman besides him was crying. "Oppa..." She called her boyfriend as tears fell down on her cheeks. Other victims were being brought into the emergency room and Chief Jang arrived. "Go in this one, you will be assisting Jr." He said and went into another curtain. She quickly went to the patient she was assigned to and Jr have already asked for a CT scan.

"Dr. Park." A nurse called and both Eunji and Jr responded to her. "Ah.. I meant Dr. Jinyoung, the results are out." She said and bowed to apologize to Eunji who just smiled at her, telling her to not feel bad about this. While waiting for the results to come out, the man who was brought here with his girlfriend crying, had his heart stopped.

Eunji approached the man and checked for his pulse. Without wasting anymore time, she started performing CPR. "Bring the defibrilator from the other side." She asked and the nurse in the room quickly did as she said. She heard the man's girlfriend asking what was wrong from the other side of the curtains. "Come on Mister. Wake up." She told him and tried to revive his heart. Jr came back in quickly hearing the sound coming from the machine. "Where's the defibrilator?" He asked and went to give the patient a shot through the IV tubes.

"Mister come on. You can't give up already." She told him as she continued to do the compressions. "Come on." She said and the nurse came back in with the defibrilator. "100 Joules." Eunji said and the nurse quickly adjusted the machine to this. "1,2,3." She counted and gave the patient a shock. He reset the machine, preparing it for the next shock. "150 Joules." She said and gave him another shock. "Mister, you can't do that while you have someone out there, hoping to see you again, healthy." She said and asked for a 200 Joules electric shock. "Wake up." She said and gave him another shock. The heart start to eat again and Eunji let out a relieved sigh. Jr let out a sigh in relief and patted her shoulder. "Good job." He said. Chief Jang walked into the place and brought the patient into the operation room. The patient needed a surgery in the brain because of the accumulation of blood in the skull. Luckily, it wasn't risky. 

The woman who came into the emergency department came to see Jr and Eunji, to know about her boyfriend's situation. "Don't worry Miss. We're going to perform a light surgery and everything should be fine." Jr explained and the woman thanked them. "Thank you so much doctors." She said and followed the nurse who will bring her in front of the operation room.

When Jr turned to Eunji, she was already walking away. The young man stood there and watched her back, slowly getting further and further. Chief Jang got out of the operation room after he have done what he had to and went to meet up with the residents. "Tomorrow I have a surgery, if you are interested, you both can come and learn." He said simply and left. Eunji and Jr looked at each other and smiled. For the time Jr worked in the Neurosurgery Department, he had never got the chance to work under Chief Jang. Now this was an opportunity for him to see stuff in a different light. "Yes!" They both said.

 

In the Park household, Chanyeol was cleaning the third floor of the house when a room attracted his attention. Eunji has never been in the third floor because she has never got a chance to deeply walk around since she has a lot of work. It was a room where their parents' stuff were kept. He walked towards the room and opened the door. Pictures were hanged on the wall, boxes were stacked on each other. Chanyeol sat among the boxes and lightly smiled, sadly. "Mom, Dad, let me find the real one who killed you guys. I don't know how far Eunji's memory has been recovered, but I think there are still some part that she could not remember well." He whispered. "I will take care of her until the end, no one will hurt her. And I will find the one that did this to you." He whispered before he passed his hand on his face. "She no longer needs to be the strong, independant woman she always had been. I will be the one who will protect her now." His phone started to ring and apart from work, and family, there was another person who would call him: Joongki.

Chanyeol walked into the police station and went directly to Joogki's office. The cases on Joongki's hands have all been solved and now he have given some time for his team to rest while J and him were in the office for some reason. "You're here?" Joongki asked and Chanyeol put down the coffee tray on the table. "Did you find the file?" Chanyeol asked and Joongki lifted a file up with a smile. "No one can stop me." He said and J (Minhyuk) turned off the lights so they could see better on the screen.

"We have traced the criminal that was put to jail that year for commiting the crime." Joongki said and a picture of the man appeared on the screen. "Kwon Sanggyu. 45 years old. His wife and daughter are currently in London. But his wife has remarried, their current relationship status is still unclear. Do you recognize him?" J asked and Chanyeol nodded. The picture on the sceen was a picture taken back then, and Chanyeol could never forget this man's face. "Kwon Sanggyu's behaviour in prison is pretty positive, he is very calm and has never got into fights. He respect his schedule very sriously and is always careful with whatever he is doing." J continued as Joongki looked through the file he was holding. "That night's incident made him be sentenced to life in jail. His reasons of doing so are still unknown. Your testimony were here, a woman's testimony too. But the timing he chose to murder was perfect to commit a crime." Joongki said. "Eunji's testimony did nothing since she couldn't remeber and she was unstable." Joongki said. "There were nothing suspicous on him when he got captured. No call logs could be traced. No emails. Nothing. He worked pretty well alone which is something that could only be planned by someone powerful." J said with a smirk. "Someone like Jung Junghoon."

Joongki nodded. "Chanyeol, this culprit is probably guided to do it, either under threats or whatever, the thing right now is that he is getting relieved next week. Which is faster than it planned. I do not know the details on his release yet, but I hope it is not something planned." Joongki explained. Chanyeol nodded. "Will I be bale to meet him then?" He asked and Joongki nodded. "He will not be able to leave the country yet." J smirked. "We would track him down if needed." Chanyeol let out a laugh. 

"Hyung, don't let Eunji know yet." Chanyeol suggested and Joongki nodded. "Let her be a good doctor without having to investigate anymore, let's just do it on our own. We will not involve a doctor in this job. It is not her role anymore. It will be too much for her." Joongki said and J nodded. "But having to investigate and to track this guy down while you guys are working would be very hard." Chanyeol noticed. "Don't worry, we will do our investigation but as the surveillance part..."

"We have prepared someone especially for that. Come on in." Joongki called out and L.Joe came into the room. "Who would would be the most suitable than him who had been involved in delinquant activities, and had been part of Death Note?" Joongki asked and Chanyeol turned to L.Joe. "You know very well that if ever you get hurt or something, Eunji will be very very upset. You're ready for that?" The brother asked and the friend shrugged. "Aren't we not all in troubles already? All four of us will be doomed if she were to find out that we decided to exclude her from that... but it is worth the gamble." Chanyeol eyed Joongki who was awaiting his approval. "Guess the game is set." 

 

SEOUL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY

"Good work, see you tomorrow." Hyoyeon told Jr and L who were done with their shifts. "Do not worry, I will take good care of everything here, you guys can go without having to turn back alright? Bye." She said, and both of them knew the underlying meaning of her words. The two looked at each other before clearing their throats. "Well... see you." They told each other before walking to the opposite direction. Eunji was nowhere to be seen, and it was almost 3:00 PM. As L headed to the parking lot of the hospital, Jr headed towards the E.R, where Mark was. 

As soon as he stepped into the E.R., Jr saw his friend trying to subdue a patient who seemed to be very emotionally unstable. "I am not crazy! Leave me alone!" She screamed while trying to push the nurses and Mark away. "Please, order a CT scan for this patient as soon as possible." He ordered and he finally successfully tied the patient down, before giving her some tranquilizer. He finished his business before seeing Jr leaning against the counter of the nurse. His friend shook his head and joined him. "Dr. Tuen, busy as always huh?" He asked. "I am still not used to see you work as a E.R. physician. Don't your hands itch for surgeries? You know you could easily get your title back; with a simple yes. You have the largest supports..." "Jinyoung-ah, I think I feel better being a E.R. doctor than a E.R. surgeon." Mark said and patted his friends back. hey both headed towards the entrance of the Department. 

"What happened 2 years ago really isn't your fault..." Jr started to say and Mark snapped his fingers. "Ah, I almost forgot I took in Dr. Kwon's shifts... aye." His friend told himself and Jr knew he was trying to avoid the subject. "Alright, friend, I will stop bothering you with this matter." Jinyoung said in surrender. "I do want you to get back into O.R. but if it makes you unhappy, I would rather you don't." He said and Mark smiled. "Thanks."

"Sunbae-nim!" They both heard a voice of which they do not recognize, called. They turned to the direction of it to see the intern from the Neurosurgery Department. "Do you know her?" Asked Mark and Jr nodded. "Oh. A junior from University." He said and Mark turned to him. "Then I will go then." He said and Jr pulled him. "H...Hyung..." He silently pleaded but Minhye already got besides him and Mark mischievously smiled, leaving him behind. "Sunbae-nim." She called and Jr uncomfortably smiled at her. "Did I interrupt something?" She asked and he shook his head. "No, no. He already left anyways. What is up?"

"So you do remember me right? We barely had any opportunities to speak to each other, but now since the hospital is undergoing major changes, guess we will be able to work more often together." Jr nodded and looked at his watch. "Right, Minhye-shi, I have important matters I really need to hurry to, to deal with, could we talk another time?" "Sure, we will find better a place to talk." She said and he noticed the patient files she was holding in her arms. "Minhye-shi, you could easily mix up or drop the files if you hold it this way, it is better if you have a carrier or something of this sort. Let me help you." He said and took half of the files away. "Sunbae..."

"Let's go before I am really late for my appointment." He said and signaled her to lead the way. 

"That is why people misunderstand you.." Mark, who was standing by the corner of the hallway, whispered while shaking his head, seeing the smile that was plastered on the intern's face. "What are you looking at?" A voice that this time he recognized immediately. He turned to see Eunji's amused expression. "Dr. Park..." He said and embarassingly smiled. "What were you doing?" She asked and he shrugged. "Watching a friend getting in trouble." He said and laughed at the thought of it. "Friend?" Eunji curiously asked and looked at where Mark was looking at but there was nothing interesting. "They already disappeared." Mark said and looked at his watch. 

"So, Dr. Park, what brings you here?" He asked and Eunji's eyes met his. "Ah right, I have a message to relay." She said and they both headed towards the Emergency Department. "Taehyun asked me to tell you to give him his number." She said and Mark tilted his head to his side. "Dr. Park." He called. "I would have totally thought you were flirting if it is the first time I met you." He said and Eunji speechlessly looked at him. "Me?" She asked and he nodded before she laughed. "Wow. I haven't heard something this funny for a while." She said and Mark smiled. "You looked tired. Now you look more awake." He said and held onto her wrist, writing down numbers. "Mine. I do expect you to add me to your contacts. For whatever reasons." He said and before he gets any reply, someone ran up to them. "D....Dr. We lost a patient."