He is my best friend after all.

He is my husband and I am his wife II: Mr. & Mrs. Yoon | Dreamage

In the night, I washed the dishes and glanced out the kitchen. ______ is in the living room, watching the television program while eating some snacks. I wiped the last plate and joined her in the living room. I sat down beside her, "How's work today?" I stumbled. "There isn't anything special." She simply answered and continue eating her plate of popcorn. "However, Yoochun did want me to pass a message to you." She said and I froze on the spot.

"He told me that he is having a house warming party and he invited us. It will be held on this coming Sunday at 1.00pm." She added and I sighed in relieved. "What's wrong?" She furrowed her eyebrows and I shook my head. "I will get the gifts for him by tomorrow." I offered and she nodded.

The next day at SoulMate, my mind is blank and I can't concentrate on anything. "One cup of Coffee." Namjoo called and I went to prepare. Dazing, the hot water overflowed and burned my hand. I whined in pain and deep my hands into a cold bowl of ice water. "Are you alright?" Naeun worries and I forced out a smile. "Sorry, are you able to finish the cup of coffee on my behalf?" I requested and she nodded with hesitation. 

I went into my office and sank into my armchair. "Am I being over paranoid?" I thought in confusion. Suddenly, Naeun knocks on my door and she let out a soft smile. "Come in." I called. "Is there anything I can help you?" I smile and shyly she handed me a bottle of cream. "Your hand...." She pointed out sheepishly and I laughed. "Thank you so much."

"Boss, are you alright?" She questions in worry and I nodded. "Why?" I ask. "Nothing much, I observed that you are quite zoned out today so I thought something must have happened today." Naeun answered timidly. I chuckled, "are you trying to tell me indirectly you are looking out of me?" I and she blushed immediately. "No!" Naeun denied and I burst into laughter. "I am just joking." I assured her and she let out a breathe.

Then, my handphone rings and it is a text message from my wife, ______. "Remember to buy a gift for Yoochun's house warming." She reminds and I slapped my forehead. "How can I forget about it?" I thought to feel careless. I stood up and scan outside the cafe. "Let's end early today." I declared which leads Namjoo and Naeun's eyes to widen in surprise. "There isn't anything anyone anyway. So, let's go back and rest. Salary will still be the same." I ensured and Namjoo cheered in joy.

After cleaning up the place, Namjoo left SoulMate first. Naeun changed and ready to leave the cafe. "Goodbye." She bids goodbye sheepishly and I waved back. However, I stopped her. "Are you free today? I have to get a gift for Mr. Park's house warming and I don't know what should I get for him. Do you mind getting one with me?" I suggest and she agrees with it. 

We hopped into my car and drive to the nearest shopping mall. I saw her rubbing her hands, "Is the aircon too cold?" I concerned and she shook her head. "I am fine." She answered with assurance. "Shouldn't you get this gift with Mrs. Yoon? I mean she is quite close to Mr. Park in school and they seem like they are best friends." Naeun asks. I let out a giggle, "She is quite busy within this few days. I heard that she have to plan and prepare an upcoming camp for the second year." I replied and she nodded.

"Is Mr. Park and Mrs. Yoon that close in school?" I ask and Naeun nodded. "They always have lunch together. In the staffroom, they sat beside each other. Moreover, they are often seen together laughing at each others' jokes." She said and I clenched my fist. "That's great, she has a close friend in school." I lied.

In the shopping mall, "what do you think Mr. Park likes?" I scan around the different outlets. "I remembered Mr. Park said that he really likes Piano and he wants to become a famous Piano instructor in the future." Naeun answered and I recalled in the past in High School, Yoochun always often stay in the music room playing the black and white keys and he is often praised by teachers for his skills.

"How about this?" Naeun suggests and I took a look. It is a small piano musical box and it is playing such a familiar tune. "What is this song?" I thought. "This song, is Mr. Park's favorite song. He often played this song for us." Naeun said. 

"She right. This song is the song Yoochun played during graduation." I remembered the moment during our childhood. "I think I am being paranoid...He is one of my best friends." I thought in disgrace. "Shall we get this for his house warming?" Naeun asks and I nodded with a soft smile. "He will like it a lot." I replied.

-----------------------------------

What do you think afterward? ;)