06

Love or Lost Game

Sora’s POV

From that day onwards, torturing Jongin’s life started! And of course, it will NEVER be easy when the name ‘Kim Jongin’ is included.

“Hey, pull that chair for me.” I ordered once we’re at the cafeteria the next day.

Instead of properly doing it, Jongin purposely pulled the chair far behind. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far from the table.

I heaved a sigh. “Push it closer to the table.”

And he literally shoved the chair to the table without leaving a space for me to sit. Sick bastard.

I snorted and in the end, I ignored that chair and sat beside Minseok instead, leaving the empty chair to be occupied by Jongin.

“Tch.” He clucked his tongue and sat himself on the only chair left.

“Eh hey~ don’t sit down yet. You haven’t buy lunch for me.” I crossed my arms like a boss.

He rolled his eyes as if knowing it will come. “What do you want to eat? Acid? Dead rat? Roasted iguana?? Or... fried lizard with frog’s blood as the sauce and anaconda’s skin on top?”

ewwwww

Hearing the appetizing menu from Jongin’s foul mouth, the boys cringed at the thought and instantly pulled away from their food.

Baekhyun threw his chopstick at Jongin and scolded the lad. “Thanks to you, my appetite is now gone.”

But Jongin acted like he’s innocent. “What? I’m just suggesting a meal fit for a witch.”

Heol.

I mocked a laugh with my poker face on. Imagine that. Laughing with a straight face. “Ha.ha. Very funny. I almost passed out laughing.”

“Oh really? Then, why are you still alive?”

Whut... Seriously?

“I said passed out. Not passed away.” I shook my head, totally not amused. “Whatever. Now, go and buy me spaghetti. With your own money.

“As expected.” He muttered and went to go run the errand.

And the World War III begins.

As soon as the cocky jerk vanished into the students’ crowd, I stood up and made my way towards the satan’s seat. Time to work, hohoho~

Tao’s eyes widened when he saw what I did afterwards. “W-whoa! Where the hell did you get that???” He gaped at the content of the black plastic bag.

I smirked at Tao. “My class was in duty of cleaning today and I just happened to be cleaning the soccer field this morning.”

“And... what about that one?” Kris’ turn to ask.

“This?” I held up the small bottle in my hands with colourless fluid in it and turned to Kris. “I don’t know. I just found it on the way here.”

“You’re unbelievable...”

I smirked slightly. Yeah, I know.

Horrified was painted all over the boys’ faces as they watched me doing my work. After done with all the stuffs, I got rid of the evidences and was about to walk away from the ‘crime scene’ when Kyungsoo’s call made me halted.

“Wait! Aren’t you going to wait for your spaghetti?”

I turned towards him with an eyebrow rose and showed him the bread that I bought earlier. “I don’t eat spaghetti.”

The boys jaw-dropped. Heh.

And so, I went away towards the abandoned garden behind the school building. It has automatically become the usual place for me to find peace.


 

Jongin’s POV

Ugh! that witch! If this continues on, I’m going to be penniless. Darn it! Flip everything, flip the world.

Every student lining up around me are now whispering amongst themselves about me being the slave to the witch.

Way to go with your reputation, Kim Jongin.

After thousand stares and million whispers with constant laughing, I walked back towards our table with two plates of spaghetti in hands.

Eh?

Wait!

“Where did that witch goes?”

Hearing my question, the boys immediately perked up their heads and... I don’t know, they looked, flustered?

“She left.” Sehun simply answered.

“The hell...” Tsk tsk tsk... She purposely made me spend my money for nothing. Why am I not surprised?

I sat myself down on my previous seat and all of them widened their eyes. Hmm... feisty. “What’s wrong with you gu-”

Wait!

As soon as I put my foot down, I think I stepped on something. With furrowed eyebrows, I bent down and looked under the table. My eyes widened immediately at what I saw.

“OH !”

Yes, .

I lifted up my shoes from the gross browny thing and contorted up my face in disgust. YUCK!

“WHO THE HELL PUT THIS DOG POOP UNDER THE TABLE?!! IT’S NOT HERE BEFORE!!” I asked the boys but all they did was looking at each other’s face. In an instant, I knew whose work is this.

That witch…

“She’s going to rot in hell, I SWEAR!” Slamming my hands on the table hard, I stood up to search for the witch but things ended up more than worse.

I tried to get my hands off the table but failed.

Then I realised, MY HANDS ARE GLUED ON THE TABLE!

.

I shut my eyes tight to cool down the fire heating up my inner monster.

That’s it! The war has started.

“Park Witch...

 

...YOU’RE DEAD.”


 

Sora’s POV

Ha! Serves him right. I’m soooooooooooooooooooooooo satisfied with this. But... the war is still on baybehhh. This is just stage one, Kim Trash.

A huge grin was plastered across my face as I stepped into the abandoned garden. But it wiped off my face soon as I saw a figure lying underneath the huge tree.

I thought this is my one and only secret spot!

Ha. Obviously you don’t own this school, Park Sora.

Ever so carefully, I took step by step forward and craned my neck to get a better view of the boy. Yes, it’s clearly a guy based on his uniform.

When I got closer enough, I noticed that the boy was sleeping ever so peacefully. He had both his hands under his head as he faced up the sky with eyes closed of course.

My eyes widened when I scanned his features and realised who he is.

The voice in my mind telling me to go but my feet was still glued on the ground. And later, I found myself crouching down beside him, watching his angelic figure sleeping peacefully. Mannnnn, how I wish he’s this angelic when he’s awake too.

But no, it’s the devil’s son we’re talking about.

Seeing him up close, I noticed how handsome he is. The way his long lashes fits perfectly, his pointy nose, his pale pink lips...

Wait! Where is this thought leading to?

Shoo shoo away y mind.

“Sora?”

Geegeeboom

The moment that boy fluttered his eyes open, I immediately lowered down my cap to avoid his gaze.

Damn! I’m 9874982691649695% hella sure I looked like a living tomato sauce right now.

I heard a chuckle escaped from his mouth and I knew instantly that the devil’s son is totally awake. There was a rustle sound, signalling that he got up from his lying position.

“You’re watching me.”

Shoot. Don’t mention.

“I know you can’t resist a handsome guy like me but I don’t expect that you’re into a stalker level.”

Excuse me?

Hearing that, I immediately looked up and how I regretted doing that because the moment I did, I was lost in his beautiful glimmering eyes.

Come to your senses, Park Sora!

I cleared my throat and tried to sound calm. “Stalker? Me?”

He nodded while rubbing his still sleepy eyes.

Aww~ so cuteeeeeeee but no. Refrain, Sora. Refrain.

“Why are you following me here?” He asked oh-so-casually.

I naturally scoffed. “I don’t even know you’re here. I just happened to go here as well. Don’t be so full of yourself please.”

He tilted his head to the right, eyes still on mine. “How did you know this place?”

I was about to ask you the same thing, Einstein.

“Well, it’s part of the school compound.” I remarked, making it looks like he asked the most stupid thing ever.

He rolled his eyes annoyingly and averted his gaze in front. “You invaded my space.”

“I don’t see any sign saying it’s your property.” Seating myself properly on the dry grass, I took out the bread and unwrapped the plastic. “You can go and resume your sleep if you want. I’m not going to disturb.”

Before I can take a bite, he was faster than me. He leaned in and stole a bite from my bread. I shot him a glare and just shook my head. Sooner or later, I need to get used with it.

“You know, you have really shaken the school up.”

My eyebrows connected as I stared at him weirdly. “What is that supposed to mean?”

He smiled a meaningful smile. “Everything. You started everything the school never had before, and I’m impressed.”

How sarcastic.

“If you mean the game, it’s not me. It’s the demon who started all this mess.”

The lad chuckled, knowing that I mentioned about Jongin. “That’s not the only thing though, and of course you’re not the one who starts it. I was talking about you. Girls usually don’t wear tights under their skirt and never even one wore a cap to school like you do. And not to mention, you wore a uniform on casual day.”

I nodded boringly as I’ve heard the same thing from my previous schools. I was even known as the troublemaker. But the casual day thing is unintentional, okay?

“And the highlight is, no one ever started a war with Jongin before.”

Huh, typical.

I stopped munching the bread and turned towards the boy with my usual expressionless face on. “So, you’re basically saying that I’m doing all the first times?”

He shrugged with a playful smile tugging his lips. “It’s the way you see it.”

“Figures as much.” I heaved out a sigh. “What can I do? I can’t stand self-centered guy. Just like Jongin, and just like you.” I shot back. “By the way, what does it mean by ‘become each other’s cupid’?”

His eyebrows connected at my question, probably thinking on how to explain the LOL’s rule to me. “Hmm... You see, if you and Jongin ended up not falling in love with each other, you’ll have to be Jongin’s cupid. Or in other words, you’re going to find a soul mate for Jongin.”

“And Jongin also has to find a soul mate for me in return.” I completed his sentence.

“Yup.”

I contorted up my face in disgust. “I’d rather do that than falling in love with that devil. Blergh!”

“Ayy~ don’t say that, Sora. You might end up falling hard for him.”

I just rolled my eyes. “Whatever, Luhan.”