04

Love or Lost Game

Sora’s POV

“YOU’RE ONE CRAZY GIRL!”

“SO WHAT IF I AM?”

“I’M NOT GOING TO VOLUNTEER MYSELF AS YOUR SLAVE!”

“OH BOY~ FORGOT ALREADY? YOU’RE THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED THE GAME!”

“AND I SAID THAT I’M USING ONE OF MY WISHES!”

“AND I SAID THAT I’M NOT GOING TO USE YOUR TRASH WISHES!”

“THAT’S THE DEAL! I WON THE BATTLE YESTERDAY!”

“SO WHAT?! YOU GUYS DRAGGED ME WITHOUT MY WILL AND MAKE ME THE SUBJECT TO YOUR BET! IS THAT EVEN LEGIT?!”

“YOU-”

“WHOA! WHOA! Hold up right there, kids!” Baekhyun came into the cafeteria and stepped in between me and Jongin, with the other boys trailing behind.

“Jeez... what’s with all these tension? People come to cafeteria to eat, not to rip each other’s throat.” Kyungsoo held Jongin back who was boring laser into my head. Same goes to me.

“What’s wrong, Sora-yah?” Jongdae tapped on my shoulders lightly, making me to shift my attention to him.

“Ask this stupid wacko.” I pointed towards Jongin with a huff.

“Who’s stupid? YOU MORON!” He took a step forward.

Not wanting to back off, I copied his action and we were back face to face again. “SPEAKING OF WHICH, YOU PEA-SIZED BRAIN, WHY SUGGEST A FOOLISH GAME?!”

“YOU’RE A FUN KILLER, YOU KNOW?! IT’S JUST A GAME!”

“YES I’M A FUN KILLER! AND IF YOU WANT, I CAN KILL YOU NOW!” I was about to lung myself towards Jongin when the boys held me back.

“Guys, stop!” Junmyeon tried to calm us down when the students started paying attention to our bickering. “This won’t do. Five of you bring Sora to somewhere else and the rest of us will be with Jongin here to settle things down.”

I snorted unbelievably. “YAH! KIM JUNMYEON! HOW CAN YOU CHASE SOMEONE AWAY FROM CAFETERIA?! IT’S RECESS TIME, OKAY? I WANT TO EAT!!!”

Yeah. Says the girl who just caused a scene in the goddamn cafeteria.

And my shout gets distant as Luhan, Kris, Jongdae, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo dragged me out of there.


 

“NO WAY!”

I hissed upon hearing those high-pitched screams from the four boys. Luhan nodded at them to confirm what he was saying. Now, all the boys knew the cause of my fiery mighty dragon and they all turned speechless, as if they were hearing the most ridiculous thing ever.

Yes, it’s ridiculous of course.

We were now sitting on the grass under the big oak tree by the school field. Luckily, Kyungsoo prepared lunch for us or else, I might combust.

How could that Jumyeon chase me away from food?!

I mean, cafeteria.

“He wants you to play the LOL game?!” Chanyeol widened his eyes at me.

Eh?

“LOL?”

“That game. Love or Lost game. That’s what he said, isn’t it?” Kyungsoo explained to me.

I mouthed an ‘ah’ and nodded. “Yes, that one.”

“He can’t be serious.” Jongdae breathed out.

Wait! Why did their reactions looks so unusual?

“Guys...?” I called out. “What’s wrong?”

Kris looked like he was hesitating a bit before telling everything to me. “Actually, that game is kind of a tradition in this school. But the last time it was played was 10 years ago so everyone thought it was over already. But now that Jongin mentioned about it.”

I widened my eyes at him and scoffed. “ARE YOU CRAZY?! PLAYING WITH PEOPLE’S FEELINGS IS A TRADITION YOU SAID?!”

THIS WHOLE CITY HAS GONE NUTS!

“You have no other choice, Sora.” Luhan stared at me sympathetically.

To hell with that look!

“Like I’m going to play along.” I mumbled.

“But everyone already knew about it!”

“So what?!” I glared.

“It’s going to be a big mess, Sora-yah. I’m advising you to prepare for the worse.” Jongdae’s turn to give me that worried look.

I was about to reply back when a screeching sound came greeting us. Next second, we heard someone spoke from the speaker system. It was the weird principal.

“So, lovely students, as I already heard, someone started the tradition already.” The principal’s voice echoed throughout the whole school.

Wait! He knows about it? Means... it does EXIST?! THAT DAMN GAME??!!!!

“So, starting from today, the next player has been set. We’ll be watching for your progress in the ‘Love or Lost’ game, dear students. Good luck, Kim Jongin and Park Sora!” And he ended the small ‘speech’.

Frick! Seriously, what have you done with your life, Park Sora?!

Once again, I’m dragged into a stupid game without my will!

Kris stared at my troubled-self knowingly. “Day 1 starts.”


 

The next period after recess, I skipped class. Yes, I skipped class on second day of attending this new weird school. Yay.

I was lying on the grass at the small abandoned garden behind the school building. Shutting my eyes close, I inhaled the fresh scent of all kind of plants here. Exactly what I needed now; oxygen.

Why is this garden abandoned seriously? It’s so peaceful here that I forgot all of my problems.

Ugh. Speaking of problems, since when did I start involving myself in this complicated life?

The original plan is simple.

Shut myself out from all the people in this school and give them the cold shoulder just like what I usually did in my previous schools before.

Has fate decided to play on me now? Tch...

ONLY NOW?!

I can’t imagine myself getting stuck with the most annoying creature ever, Kim Trash.

 

After what seems like forever, I decided to go back to class because hell, I skipped every class after recess! Blame me for accidentally falling asleep at the small garden. Man, I’m so dead!

Since school is already over, students were rushing out to their respective homes. When I walked past them, they would whisper amongst themselves and smiled at me. Some of them even congratulated me like, what the ?! THE WHOLE SCHOOL KNOWS ABOUT THE GAME ALREADY!!!

As soon as I arrived in front of the class, I halted immediately upon seeing our homeroom teacher, Miss Jang, staring at me the moment I showed up. The classroom was empty except for Miss Jang and Jongin in it.

Wait! JONGIN?!

“Park Sora.” Miss Jang voiced out in a strict tone.

I gulped nervously.

I’m a dead meat now. You can either roast me or fry me for dinner.

“And Kim Jongin. You two. Detention. Now.

WHAT?!


 

“This is all your fault!” I hissed at Jongin who was mopping the floor.

Apparently we were punished cleaning the hallway outside our classroom. But what surprised me is, JONGIN ALSO SKIPPED CLASSES! Reason why both of us got punished together.

He stopped his work only to glare at me. “You escaping class is my fault? Wow... Ridiculous ever.”

I stopped wiping the window and turned to the annoying Jongin. “Can’t you see the s you’re putting me in now? Why do you even bother to announce about the game loudly in the class?!”

“Because I don't know it will be this serious!” He blew a raspberry. But then, he turned to the original Jongin as he suddenly smirked in an evil way. “And, because I want to play around with you.”

THE HELL?!

Don’t give in, Sora! DON’T.GIVE.IN!

Well, let’s see how you deal with my attack then.

“Seems like you forgot about your slave deal, mister.” I mirrored the same smirk.

For a second, his eyes twitched up a bit but he quickly composed himself. “Very well. I’m going to use one of my wishes. Shorten it to one week.”

Ah ha! Compromising, I see.

“One month.” I demanded.

“Two wishes for one week.”

“One month.”

“Three wishes.”

“One month.”

He wailed his hands in the air helplessly. “FIVE WISHES FOR ONE WEEK! IS THAT ENOUGH?!”

My lips curved up into an amused smirk. “7 wishes for 10 days.”

He scoffed incredulously at my deal. “Fine!” He ruffled his hair, feeling quite frustrated and… is that a curse I heard him muttered? “7 wishes for 10 days. And that’s it!”

“Okay. Deal.” I smirked in victory.

You’re going to live in hell after this, Kim Jongin.

MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH


 

a/n: wrong move kim jongin, wrong move. ohoo~ he's so gonna suffer because of the almighty park sora heh.

lots of love, readers~

thanks for reading! ^^