15

Love or Lost Game

Sora’s POV

He didn’t just… call out P.S. Raven, did he?

“You’re that girl! I remember, the P.S. Raven that- HMMMMPPFHFHFHFHH”

Feeling alarmed, I put my hand over the tower guy (for the gazillion times, does this school secretly breeds boys taller than the Eiffel tower or what) and dragged him outside with me.

I made a run for it and when we were already behind the school building, I released my grip on him.

“What the-”

“You!” I pointed at him, eyes widened in horror. “TELL ME YOU DIDN’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT P.S. RAVEN! TELL ME YOU DIDN’T ATTEND TOKYO STREET DANCE TOURNAMENT LAST THREE YEARS! TELL ME YOU’RE NOT A STUDENT FROM JAPAN! TELL ME--”

“Whoa whoa, hold up!” Cutting me off, the tall guy in front of me cupped my mouth to stop my rant. And only then I realised.

Holy smokes…

Did I just, reveal EVERYTHING????

He chuckled amusedly and put down his hand after I’ve calm down. Well, sort of. “Now, what’s your name again?”

“Park Sora.” I said unintentionally. Ah , this loose mouth of mine.

“Alright, Sora. I’m Jaebum.” He introduced coolly. “Umm well, about you being P.S. Ra-”

“DON’T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.” I screeched.

Once again, he chuckled. “Okay, Sora. I’ll keep it a secret.”

“H-Huh?” I blinked in confusion. What is he…

“Judging from the way you get flustered over the topic, I get an idea that you don’t want anyone to know about it, am I right? And that’s the reason why you dragged me out, isn’t it?” He casted me a knowing look.

Truth be told, I’m impressed. Well, he has a brain.

“Umm… yeah.” I scratched my head awkwardly. “But, did you… I mean, how do you know about me, being P.S Raven?”

He gave me an assured smile before saying. “I’m one of the contestants. But I don’t have the chance to show you my performance after that… uh… incident. So, are your legs all… better now?” He asked ever so carefully.

Now, let’s welcome one of Park Sora’s dark secrets to be reborn.

I let out a weak chuckle and leaned against the wall. “You saw, huh?”

Jaebum copied my action and nodded. “I’m looking forward to your performance at that time, you know, since you’re the only girl who is brave enough to take up the challenge.”

Tch. I know, right? I’m so awesome yeah.

“Well, sorry to disappoint you about that. Maybe it’s just not my luck.” I said oh-so-sarcastic. “And, my health is in the best condition right now, I can even run a lap if you want.”

“What about your feelings?”

Taken aback by that sudden question, I raised an eyebrow at him. “What do you mean by that?”

He turned his body fully towards me and stared straight into my eyes. “Your physical wound is all healed now, but what about the wound inside your heart? I know you still haven’t recovered from your disappointment for having your golden opportunity taken away from you just like that.”

Damn.

I hate to admit but he’s so right.

Okay that explains why I’m afraid to start dancing again.

“And after that, you just vanished. No news from you. And the school is back to its’ serene condition again. From that moment onwards, Osaka High is free from all the troubles you ever caused.”

Wait a minute.

My forehead roughened hardly as I tried to digest every sentence he threw. “How do you know so much about me?”

There, he let out another amused chuckle. “I don’t want to break this fun so soon but, have you forgotten about me, Sora?”

Uh yes. Pardon my bad memory.

“Takahashi. That’s my Japanese name.”

what

My jaws dropped at that new fact. Now that I took a clear look at this guy, it’s him!

It’s really him!

THE GUY WHO CHALLENGED ME TO ENTER THE STREET DANCE TOURNAMENT!

Well, don’t blame me for not recognizing him in first place because he’s much hotter handsome now. Before this, he had that long hair style that I always as an emo guy. Not only that, he dyes his short hair blonde now.

After a few frozen seconds, I came back to reality and laughed sarcastically. “Wow~ fate has brought me another fried-chicken-to-be.”

Totally confused at my statement, Jaebum or Takoyaki or what the damn his name is, tilted his head in confusion.

I gave him my signature evil smirk and declared. “You shall die in my hands today.”

His eyes widened within a split second before breaking out in a marathon.

“YOU’RE SO DEAD, YOU ING LAMP POST!!!”


 

“Like, can you believe it? WE’RE IN THE SAME SCHOOL ONCE AGAIN!” I threw a raspberry and punched the innocent pillow, assuming it as Jaebum, my ex-classmate.

Yeah. That is my ex-classmate back when I attended Osaka High School.

Yeah. That’s my 14th school.

And yeah! He’s the ing guy who managed to get on my nerves and DARE me to a street dance tournament.

Turning yourself into a wallflower is not an easy thing to do when you have the habit of not turning down a challenge and a persistent guy like Jaebum. And this year, I got Kim JongUGH to deal with.

But I know I can’t be mad at Jaebum, for he’s the reason why I start having a passion for dancing.

Funny, huh? That’s the bitter truth I had to admit.

Now, back to the topic.

Jimin who sat on the chair by my desk, casually shrugged. “Well, at least he’s not causing you trouble again.”

Yet.” I quickly corrected him. “We just met each other today and what’s so fantastic about it is, my club is going to have a dance battle with HIS club. I can already imagined the scene from three years ago replaying soon.”

Reaching over to my bed, Jimin grabbed away the bag of chips in my hands and casually FINISHED them off.

Bruh. You’re lucky you’re my cousin.

“Well, you made the RIGHT choice to decline Jackson’s request yesterday.”

The corner of my mouth curved up in a small smile upon hearing that. “Once in a lifetime, my stubborn self did me a good deed.”

“Finally~ the almighty Park Sora admits that she’s hard-headed.” Jimin teased and wailed his hands in the air.

I casted him a quick glare before threatening to hit him. He retreated with a laugh and proceeded on questioning me. “But honestly, why did you reject his offer?”

I huffed out in annoyance, remembering yesterday’s incident. “Because it’s ridiculous! He wants me to charm Jongin on stage and to convince people that we’re progressing in that stupid LOL game!”

“Exactly!” Jimin snapped his fingers. “Why does he want you to do that?”

Hmm…

Right.

Why did I never think about this? Why though?

“Well…” I trailed off. “To his advantage, he’ll get the privilege to win the battle when Jongin get swayed and lose his focus on the stage. That’s EXACTLY why he wanted me to do it.”

Eww! WE’LL NEVER FALL FOR EACH OTHER!

“But you turned it down.” Jimin replied. “Means, you don’t want Jongin to be disappointed if he find out about the deal that was offered to you.”

I rolled my eyes in an instant. “I just don’t want any dirty tricks involved in the dance battle. You know how much I hate cheap tactic.”

But there’s one more confusion here.

“Speaking of which, the boys told me Jackson is his enemy but why did Jongin treats him like they’re the bestest of friends?” I pointed out, flashing back the time when Jongin crashed Jackson into a bear hug.

“Curious about your boyfriend, eh?”

I lifted up my head abruptly and saw the mischief look in my oh-so-beloved cousin’s eyes. God, please. “Don’t misunderstand.”

“Aww~ the cold Sora is finally starting to care about someone after a long while.” He cooed cutely when to me, he looks like a strangled puppy. No kidding.

“I’m not! And shut up before I throw you out the window.”

Yeah. As if he’s gonna listen.

It’s Park Jimin we’re talking about, ladies.


 

Jongin’s POV

“Wipe my chair cleanly.”

“No. Not that one.”

“Wait, the plate is not clean enough.”

“Oh, there’s still dust on my table.”

“Carry these books for me. I can feel my bones breaking from all those stacks of thick papers.”

“Wait, send these forms to the staff room while you’re at it.”

“Go and find some source where we can get the mirrors for the maze.”

“Oh hey, I ordered the wrong food. Get me a new order of steamed buns.”

Gosh.

I never felt THIS mad in my whole life.

Right. Whenever the name Park Sora is involved in the line, there’s never a peaceful day, is there?

Now, ladies and gentleman, you’re reading the chapter titled ‘The Worst Nightmare Kim Jongin Ever Had, Named Park Sora’.

Today is the last day of my slave contract and as I expected, tons of orders were thrown at my face ever so hard that I can barely breathe.

Alright. See my rage exploding in 3…

“Slave, throw this away for m-”

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!”

Oh. Faster than expected, again. I’m bad at counting down, I guess.

But the witch was NOT EVEN the least taken aback by my sudden outburst in the class. Instead, she just gave me that infamous smirk of her. Whut da

“You finally exploded.”

I slanted my eyes towards her direction and huffed out in anger. “You did EVERYTHING in purpose just to see me blow my rage?”

Exceeding my expectation, she nodded like it’s nothing. “I need an entertainment and considering today is the last, why not taking it as an advantage, right?”

Screw you.

“Yeah, sure.” I snorted. “Throw me everything you got, you old dead-rat stink witch. Once the day is over, you can never live your day peacefully again. Heh. You may even run away with tears falling like Niagara Falls and whined at your mom saying how horrible life is.”

And that’s it.

I know I hit a spot when the smirk on her face washed off immediately.

But not after she opened .

“And before that happen, I’ll make sure you and your non-existent pride crush without you even realizing. You know what, not only that you’re such a surprisingly handicap guy when carrying out all my orders, but you’re also worse than trash in treating a lady right.”

I scoffed in disbelief. “Lady? Whoa~ wait, you’re a lady?? I didn’t know that. And if I’m a trash, then you’re the garbage truck. Because why? I’m three hundred percent sure puberty hit you so hard with a garbage truck that you look like one.”

Her nose flared in anger at my comebacks, turning her into a female dragon on menopause. Hoho~ burn the witch!

“Is that even sarcasm? Because if it is, it’s not funny, you rotten skeleton.”

“Said the one who fly away even when the slightest breeze of wind brushed by.”

“God! How many times should I tell you I’m not THAT light! I eat foods for God’s sake!” She took a step forward.

I took it as a challenge and copied her action. “Oh yeah? I’m surprised those sentences came from a witch who only eats bread and bun for lunch. Or, are you on a money saving plan for having running out of witch products to sell?”

She then slammed her fist on the table in anger. “I TOLD YOU I’M NOT SELLING ANY WITCH PRODUCT SO CAN YOU STOP WITH THAT LAME WITCH TOPIC?! WHAT ON MOTHER JUPITER IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD?!”

YOU!” I pointed at her, returning the flame. “YOU ARE THE ONE THAT’S WRONG. YOU ARE MY PROBLEM! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO GET ME INVOLVED IN AN A TANGLED MESS SINCE YOU ARRIVED HERE!”

And now, the World War IV officially begins.

She snorted unbelievably. “ARE YOU CRAZY? DID YOU FORGET THAT YOU BROUGHT ME INTO THIS COMPLICATED ON MY VERY FIRST DAY HERE?! OR YOU LOSE A SCREW IN YOUR HEAD ALREADY? WANT ME TO CALL AN AMBULANCE?”

Heol.

“DON’T CALL ME CRAZY WHEN YOU ARE THE INSANE ONE!”

“SAID THE MANIAC GUY ITSELF!”

I breathed out exasperatedly at the outcome of this war. Alright, I never imagined she’s harder than a boulder.

“So, you want to end this game?”