11

Love or Lost Game

Jongin’s POV

“OHMYGOD!”

“WHO’S THAT HOT GUY?!”

“HEY! HE’S QUITE CUTE!!!”

“OHMYGOSH! WHO’S THAT LUCKY GIRL RIDING THE SAME SUPERBIKE???”

“Wait a minute… ISN’T THAT PARK SORA?!!!!!!!”

Hearing the familiar name being mentioned, Sehun immediately turned around towards the direction where the ruckus was getting louder.

“Whoa! Jongin, you GOTTA see this!!” As I was about to plug in my earphone, Sehun tapped my shoulder endlessly, or rather, he’s treating me as if I’m some kind of a toy. Heck!

I ruffled my hair angrily and turned around. “What?!”

Instead of answering, Sehun pointed towards a certain direction where most of the students are gathered around. I squinted my eyes to take a better look and…

“It’s just that witch, Sehun. What’s so amu- wait. WHAT?!

I blinked my eyes a few times as I focused my gaze on Sora who was standing outside the school gate and guess what. The witch Park Sora isn’t wearing her cap today!

Whoa~ is the world coming to an end?

I let out an absurd scoff and turned around to resume my walk. “One day of not ordering me around and she lose a screw in her head already.”

“Who lose a screw?”

.

.

.

.

.

.

I halted and widened my eyes when out of the blue, that witch appeared in front of me, blocking my way.

With a fuming-in-anger face, she pointed at me sharply. “You, slave, are not getting away today.”

Wait. Why do I feel like laughing?

Her hair…

pfft

NO NO NO

HOLD YOUR LAUGH, KIM JONGIN!

OR YOU’RE GONNA LET OUT THE BEAST IN HER.

“Excuse me.” Sora then squinted her eyes towards me. I’m dead. “What’s wrong with your face, slave?”

I cupped my mouth to prevent from bursting out laughing and shook my head to the side.

But worse case.

I already heard a small snort coming from my left side a.k.a Sehun.

Damn it, Sehun! It’s not the right time to laugh!

“Sehun, what are you snorting about?”

Told you so.

But seriously, I can’t hold on any longer. This bomb will explode in 5…4….3…

“PUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

. That’s faster than expected.

“What’s with that double braid seriously?” Sehun blurted out, referring to Sora’s new hairstyle after laughing out loud together with me.

Yep, she freaking braided her hair. And not enough to turn it into a joke, it’s a frigging DOUBLE braid.

Clearly, that witch wasn’t amused at Sehun’s reaction. And mine too.

“You two, just wait.”

DOOM.


 

Sora’s POV

“ that !” I slammed my head on the table rather harshly and heaved a heavy sigh.

“Sora, who’s that guy just now? Your brother?” One of my classmates (specifically a girl) came to my table and asked with glimmering eyes.

I’ve seen this coming.

“None of your business.” I simply answered and ruffled my bangs in annoyance.

I thought she would leave the matter alone but instead, more classmates are surrounding me now, bombing me with the same question. What the heck?

“Eyy~ tell us about him too.”

“I don’t know you have a brother.”

“Is he the same age with us? Or older than us???”

“Wait! DON’T TELL ME HE’S YOUR BOYFRIEND?!”

“OH MY GOD!”

“THIS IS HOT NEWS!!!”

Unable to bear it any longer, I stood up and left the class. Seriously, I’m going to go crazy with all these madness.

I kept my pace faster, hoping to reach the toilet safely.

Unfortunately, luck is ONCE AGAIN not on my side today.

“Sora? IS THAT YOU??! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!” Chanyeol, who just came out of his class, saw me walking down the hallway and rolling in laughter at my current state.

I heard footsteps and soon, Baekhyun appeared from behind Chanyeol and laughed wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy louder than the giant as soon as he saw me.

I rolled my eyes and just resumed my journey, not forgetting to step on each of their feet. They groaned in pain just for a second before laughing again.

“HEY! THAT BRAID DOESN’T SUIT YOU HONESTLY!”

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Can someone kill me already?

 

Arriving at the toilet, I can FINALLY breathe out a relief sigh. Luckily, the toilet is not as crowded as it is during recess. Well, students prefer to sleep in the class in the morning rather than washing their face in the toilet though.

I’m an exception today.

I stood in front of the mirror and stared at my own reflection. My eyes slits into a ridiculous stare as a small scoff escaped from my mouth.

“I can’t believe myself.”

Yes. I look like a ridiculous clown today.

Pulling the hair band off harshly, I combed my braided hair using my fingers and decided to pull it up in a not-so-neat-and-not-so-messy-either bun.

“I hope it lasts for the day. Ugh! Curse you, Park Jimin.”

At the thought of my cousin, I gritted my teeth in anger. I SERIOUSLY can’t believe that unpredictable cousin of mine.


 

“What?! YOU’RE STAYING HERE FOR A WEEK???!!!!”

The guy sitting on my bed with bunch of snacks in his hands, nodded casually. “Yeah. Anything wrong with that?”

I let out an absurd chuckle and pointed at him suspiciously. “If you’re going to do crazy things here, yes, that’s ABSOLUTELY wrong. The last time you visit me, my wallflower façade breaks in an instant.”

“That’s the point!” He snapped his fingers. “Mama Park told me you still haven’t gotten rid of that nonexistent wallflower façade of yours.”

I slumped my back at the bed’s headboard as I grabbed random pillow and vented my anger on it.

As far as I know, my mom didn’t work as a secret agent, conveying messages here and there behind my back.

“But…” As Jimin trailed again, I turned my attention towards the mischievous glint in his eyes. “I heard you got MANY MALE FRIENDS as soon as you attend your new school here.”

Tch. “I never consider monkeys as my friends, if that’s what you mean.”

“Ohoo~ so it’s true?”

I clucked my tongue at him, feeling quite ticked off. “How many times should I tell you the word ‘friend’ is disgusting?”

“Then, what am I?” He tilted his head to the side.

Stupid.

“You’re my COUSIN. That’s a whole different case. And didn’t I ever say that I don’t like you?”

He pouted slightly, knowing that he will NEVER win a debate with me. “Okay, whatever you say. Just so you know, I’m going to send you to school tomorrow.”

I sighed loudly, seeing it coming. “Not again, Jimin.”

“Why? It’s not like I never did it before.”

“I remember the last time you did, I SUDDENLY become popular within one day. And for the following week, I was promoted to a ‘’.” I hit him right in the face with a pillow before continuing my next sentence. “And that would be thanks to you, Mr. Oh-I’m-so-hot-I-can-melt-your-eyes-in-a-millisecond.”

“Aww~ is our baby boo still mad at that?” He then poked my arm playfully and blinked his eyes like an innocent puppy. Tch. Innocent, my .

“No. I’m TRULY grateful at you. You made me popular within less than 24 hours and I really LOVE it.” I shot back in a sinister tone.

But that guy turned deaf ears at my sarcastic reply. “Okay then. So, tomorrow will be no problem.”

“YAH! PARK JIMIN!”

He ignored the dark aura emitting from me and beamed at me instead, changing the topic. “Hey, wanna play a game?”

I sighed exasperatedly.

And so, the night between Park Sora and her cousin, Park Jimin, becomes the worst nightmare in her life.

Yeah

Screw my life


 

I lost in one of his weird games last night and as a punishment, he didn’t allow me to wear my cap today and bonus, HE ING BRAIDED MY HAIR!

DOESN’T HE ING KNOW I LOOK LIKE A ING UGLY WITH A ING BRAID?!

NOT TO MENTION, IT’S DOUBLE BRAIDS!

I swear, he’s going to be the death of me for this whole week.

I have a feeling today’s going to be one of my worst days.


 

Jongin’s POV

I sighed for the umpteenth time and started scribbling random things onto my notebook.

Seriously though, of all subjects, why does it have to be Literature class right now? This is just like a lullaby to a heavy sleeper like me.

After filling one page full of doodles, I glanced around the classroom to prevent my heavy eyelids from closing. Then, my eyes landed on Sora who was sitting on my left side and she had a very annoyed expression plastered on her face.

I don’t know why but I think that neat bun hairstyle suits her well, better than her braided hairstyle this morning though. It makes her looks… less witchy(?).

Without knowing, I was already fixing my gaze on her for no particular reason. I silently watched her every action as she furrowed her eyebrows and muttered something. Perhaps, cursing the Literature teacher for existing.

At one point, she puffed out her cheeks and slightly pouted.

Pouted? Pssh… she’s no difference than a five-year old kid sulking for not having candies.

Why do I find that adorable?

Ugh! I must be crazy!

All of a sudden, her head snapped at me and she locked eyes with mine.

shoot

She squinted her eyes at me suspiciously and mouthed. ‘What are you smiling at?’

Huh?

What???

Snapping out of my daze, I pointed at myself as I copied her action. ‘Me? I’m not smiling.’

She let out a small scoff and snickered. ‘Yeah. As if forming your mouth into a crescent shape can be called as NOT smiling.’

It’s my turn to squint my eyes at her and snickered back. ‘So what? It’s not like I’m smiling at YOU.’

‘Well, in case you didn’t notice, Mr. I’m-so-cool-to-the-point-girls-offer-themselves-to-me-voluntarily, YOU were staring right at ME.’ At the end of her words, she smirked.

I returned her a scoff. ‘Smiling at you will be the craziest thing anyone ever did.’

‘Well you JUST did the craziest thing.’

‘Witch, please. Even glancing at you can make my skin crawls in disgust.’

‘Like you’re any better, slave. Germs like you should know your position better.’

‘Mind you but this STUPID contract will be over within this week. Brace yourself for the REAL challenge upcoming Monday.’

‘Yeah, yeah. I forgot you’re a satan. And don’t you ever forget my witch background too.’

Alright, I regret complimenting her just now. I take back EVERY GOOD THINGS ((if there is)) I ever said about her. SHE’S THE WORST WITCH I’VE EVER MET MY WHOLE LIFE!

‘Just you wait, witch.’

“KIM JONGIN! PARK SORA!”

Hearing the bald Literature teacher calling for both of our names, I turned my head in front and noticed that the whole class were looking at us. Damn it! We’re caught!

“Any interesting story to share?” Mr. Ji pushed down his glasses and gave us a firm look.

“No, sir.” Both Sora and I voiced out.

“If I caught you two in action again, I will not hesitate to send you both out of this class. Understand?”

“Yes, sir.”

Phew! My 100-years life is saved.


 

Sora’s POV

“That’s obviously your fault, you stupid egg!”

“Why me? You’re the one who mouth-talked to me first!”

“Yes. But I held the book up in order for the teacher to not notice me wasting my saliva talking to you! YOU don’t even do a good job in covering yourself up from getting caught!”

“Well, excuse me but I don’t even plan to exchange secret messages with you at first!”

I scoffed at the bulls Jongin threw at me as we were walking towards the studio room number 3 or precisely, our club room. School already ended a while ago and some of the clubs are having extra meeting today, just like ours as well.

Jongin and I were on our way to the destination when I brought up the topic about us ALMOST getting detention.

Excuse me but blame him, okay? It’s his fault for making me uneasy under his stare in the class earlier.

What, you think I don’t know he was boring lasers in my head? Pssh…

“Then, why do you even bother replying to me, pea brain?”

“Because if I don’t, you might get the wrong idea. And don’t call me pea brain, you dimwit!”

I shook my head, totally not amused at his remark. “Why would I get the wrong idea, Mr-so-full-of-himself? A rude brat like you is not my style, might I say. And geez, don’t you get enough protein or what? HOLD MY BAG TIGHTLY, IDIOT!”

Yes, that ‘slave’ of mine is now suffering at the weight of my bag plus his bag as well. Heh. That’s his punishment for escaping during recess earlier. Coward jerk running away from his slave contract. Blergh!

“Seriously, what do you bring to school? Are you selling witch products or what? AND DON’T YELL AT ME! WE’RE NOT EVEN A METER APART! MY EARS ARE STILL FUNCTIONING WELL I CAN EVEN HEAR THOSE MONSTERS IN YOUR STOMACH GROWLING!”

Witch products? MONSTERS?!

I snorted in disbelief and endured the boiling lava inside my heart. “IT’S YOUR FAULT FOR RUNNING AWAY DURING RECESS, SATAN! BECAUSE OF YOU, I HAVEN’T HAD MY LUNCH YET!”

Not that I really mind though. I’m already used to not eating during recess but I don’t know why my stomach decided to betray me at the wrong time and wrong place.

Oh, the irony.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the guilty look flashing his face. Ha! Serves you right!

“Alright. I’m sor- wait! WHY IS IT MY FAULT WHEN YOU CAN BUY YOUR OWN FOOD PERFECTLY BY YOURSELF? AM I YOUR BANK OR SOMETHING?!”

Damn, he’s almost caught.

I clucked my tongue in annoyance when I failed getting him in my trap. “YOU SHOULD’VE KNOWN BETTER! A SLAVE SHOULD BE BY ITS’ MASTER SIDE 24/7!”

“DON’T TREAT ME LIKE A PET, DUMBHEAD! THIS CONTRACT WILL END FASTER THAN YOUR LIFE, I ASSURE YOU!”

I rolled my eyes at his reply. Again, he’s bringing that soon-to-be-expired slave contract matter. “Ohoo~ you still have manpride, I see.”

“Why are you still-”

“BOTH OF YOU, STOP IT!!!”

Hearing Sehun’s impatient voice, Jongin and I turned around and the both of us immediately shut our mouth at the view of fuming Sehun.

Oh right, I forgot he and Luhan were tagging along.

Even though the mouth-war is over, but the electricity sent through our glares are still getting stronger.

I heard Luhan sighed behind me. “I can’t believe I even said I miss your bickering yesterday. Honestly speaking, aren’t you two tired firing insults and sarcasm at one another the moment you met eyes? Mouth need to rest too, you know.”

I bit my lower lip and retorted back. “It’s not my- ah! WHAT THE HELL?!!”

I rubbed my forehead and turned in front to look at what I just bumped into. My eyebrows then furrowed at what I saw.

Shirt?

Slowly, I raised my head up and saw a tall guy with thick-framed spectacles looking down at me.

For God’s sake, why am I the only elf in this school?

“Watch where you’re going!” I snapped out and resumed my walk.

Hearing that, Jongin snickered beside me. “I can’t believe you’re the one who supposed to say that.”

“What? I’m not at fault! He-”

As I just took a few steps forward, someone grabbed my arm, making me to jerk back. I hissed in anger and realized that it was the same guy that I bumped into just now. What does he want?

“Park Sora, right?” He asked with twinkling eyes.

Eh?

“No. You got the wrong person. I’m Kim Jongin.” I replied with a straight face and immediately pulled my hand back.

With the mention of the slave’s name, the two monkeys behind me chortled, obviously holding in their laughter. The remaining monkey is mumbling, unsatisfied, at how I’ve brought a disgrace to his name.

“No. It’s really you! PARK SORA!!” This time, the tall guy blocked my way and shook my shoulders violently.

WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.?!

I swatted both his hands away harshly and gave him a piercing glare that I REALLY hope can stab him in the head. “Don’t you ing dare touch me! Let me tell you, I’M NOT FOND OF PHYSICAL CONTACT!!”

I thought I managed to threaten him with my murderous tone but that guy just laughed it off instead.

Is he insane or what?

“You’re totally like what they said.”

Huh?

They? They who?

“Well, our leader wants to meet you again so please allow me to bring you to him.” He flashed me a hard-to-decipher smile. That made my eyebrows met at the center.

Meet me again? I don’t recall knowing someone other than the twelve monkeys.

“Leader? What are you- AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Without having time to react, the unknown guy suddenly threw me over his shoulder like he was carrying a rice sack.

WHAT.THE.ITALIAN.CHICKEN???!!!!!!!

“PUT ME DOWN, YOU FREAKING NERD OGRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I punched his back countless of times as he was carrying me while RUNNING down the hallway.

Not enough with that, I used my knee to hit his stomach but heck! How many ounce of muscle does he have that he didn’t even budge?!

From far, I can see that Luhan was about to run after me but Jongin stopped him.

JONGIN STOPPED HIM???

What the heck?!

“HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I’M BEING KIDNAPPED!


 

A/N: Updated! FINALLY!!!!!!! After those busy weekdays with campus life, only now I get the time to update this fic. Sorry for leaving this story hanging for a long time TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT but don't worry, I'm still continuing this fic. And btw, I MISS MY READERS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading! <3