12

Love or Lost Game

Sora’s POV

I huffed out and kicked the chair in front of me impatiently, making some of the guys in the room jolted up in surprise.

With gritted teeth, I stared at every each one of them and asked. “Where the heck is your ing leader?”

The tall ogre that carried me to a certain club room just now, LOCKED me in here to bring their so-called leader to meet me.

A guy wearing cap then answered. “He’ll be here soon. Anyway, I’m Baro.”

“Huh? Taro?” That’s a weird name.

He shut his eyes tightly which seems to me like he was enduring anger. “It’s Baro. B-A-R-O.”

Oh.

I just shrugged it off. “Nobody ask for your introduction.”

“Wow~ she’s so rude just like what we heard.” Another guy with pretty-boy face said.

So there’s a rumour about me already? I guess it will be thanks to Jimin then. Heh.

“But seriously, don’t you remember me? Not even a bit?” A guy with crescent-like eyes, leaned in front and asked me. He had this disappointed expression wore on his face.

I leaned back because of the close gap between us. “Are you someone I should remember?”

The other guys laughed at my answer as that crescent-eyes guy face-palmed himself. “It’s me. Sandeul.”

Sandeul?

Well, guess what.

“I don’t know you.”

And that bring even louder laughs in the room. What’s so funny anyway? I don’t get it.

“Park Sora!”

A voice was heard from across the room and I averted my gaze towards the guy who just joined the ‘meeting’ at the table.

My forehead roughened hardly. Seriously, why does everyone acts like they’ve known me for ages already?

“Who are you?” I asked right after the guy with slanted eyes sat in front of me. In an instant, his face fell. The other guys were trying their best holding in their laughter.

What? Is he someone I should remember too?

“Don’t you remember me?” The guy asked with a sad face.

Automatically, I rolled my eyes. Not again.

“It’s me. Jung Jinyoung. Remember?”

I creased my forehead, trying hard to ransack my memory. Unfortunately… “Who are you really? I don’t think I even know any of you guys here.”

This time all of them erupted into a fit of laughter.

But it’s just for a moment.

As soon as their ‘leader’ shot them a glare, they stopped within a millisecond.

“Yesterday. I bumped into you at the hallway. Ring a bell?” He blurted out.

Hmm…?

!!!

“Oh!” I snapped my fingers, FINALLY remembered. His face brightened up in hope and waited patiently for my next words. “You’re the obnoxious guy!”

Ignoring the fact that I actually remembered, the so-called prince let out an unbelievable scoff. “Do I really look like one in your eyes?”

“Yeah.” I replied bluntly. Laughter roared inside the room once again and this time, the obnoxious guy’s glare didn’t work on them anymore.

“Even though you’re a bit rude but… that’s what attractive about you.” He smiled cheekily at me. I scrunched up my nose at his flirty self. Oh my god! The amount of cheese is just too much!

“So, have you joined a club yet?” He asked then after getting no response from me.

“Yes. And right now, you guys just made me skipped my meeting.”

“Join our club then.”

What?

“What made you said that easily?” I retorted back. What’s wrong with this guy?

He sighed. “Please, I beg you. Tell me what we have to do to make you join our club. Hmm? Sora honey?”

“UGH!” I cringed up at that one word and immediately stood up. It seems like the other guys in the room also can’t stand his choice of words. “That’s it! I’m leaving!”

Before I even managed to reach for the door, the Jinyoung guy quickly blocked my way. The glint in his eyes suddenly turned into a mischievous one and it actually sent shivers down my spine.

“You know what, you’re 1000 times gorgeous when you’re not wearing cap.”

I furrowed my eyebrows as I stepped away from him. What is he up into?

Gosh! I never regretted this much for not wearing my cap.

Remind me to give Park Jimin a ‘DECENT’ gift later.

“I’m your senior, you know? And as a junior, you should respect the senior more. And for your information…” He trailed off and closed the gap between us as he curled the strand of stray hair behind my ears.

Wha-

“…I’m known as the most dangerous crocodile in this school.” He whispered those words in my ear.

Oh no. I smell trouble.


 

Jongin’s POV

I started getting restless, sitting on the floor of the studio room. The discussion from yesterday was still going on but I can’t hear anything aside from my own thoughts.

That was Dongwoo just now, the one that took the witch away. He’s one of Jackson hyung’s friends.

But I don’t like that guy and his clique.

He’s not like Jackson hyung. He and the other four guys are unpredictable as hell and they’re the silent trouble-makers in this school.

One question here; what are they going to do with Sora?

Do they even know Sora?

No. From the look of Sora’s confused face, I don’t think she even recognized them.

But that day, Sehun told me Sora DID say something about bumping into a… Jin guy?

Jinyoung?

My eyes widened immediately at the thought.

Oh god, don’t tell me Jinyoung has set his eyes on her.

“Kim Kai!”

My head perked up immediately after hearing Jihoon calling for me. He’s the only one who calls me Kim Kai anyway. “Yes?”

He let out a sigh before pointing at me. “You’re not paying attention today. Is something bothering you? Is it about Jackson again?”

I shook my head slowly. I really hope that would be the reason but… “No. It’s nothing.”

The male teacher gave up on interrogating me. “Alright. But where’s Sora? I don’t think she’ll be this late.” At the mention of her name, I started feeling uneasy again.

Aish! Why can’t she just call for my help? She knows the slave contract is not over yet. Isn’t this the PERFECT RIGHT TIME to make use of the contract? That stupid girl…

But think again. She doesn’t have my number. Ah! This is getting harder!

In the midst of battling with my mind, I felt a tap on my shoulders and turned around to see Jongdae handing his hand phone to me. “I think this is an emergency.”

With a confused look, I took his hand phone and read the message.

It doesn’t take long for me to dash outside of the room after that one text. I ignored Jihoon’s constant call and headed straight towards the crocodile’s den.

Seriously…

“Gosh! You’re sure a turtle in giving proper order, Sora.” Unknowingly, I grinned to myself remembering the content of the message.

SOS Slave Kim Jonhin. Entertainers Cluv.

She even made typos in the message. Tch. Too nervous, I see.

 

Arriving in front of the studio room number 1, I didn’t even bother to check the club’s name as I’m pretty sure it’s Entertainers Club.

I tried to pull the doorknob and realized that it was locked from inside.

Oh no.

“Park Sora! Hey! OPEN THE DOOR!! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!!!” I banged the door a few times but still getting no response.

“Aish!” Ruffling my hair in annoyance, I was about to break the door apart when someone turned me around from behind.

My eyes lighten up gleefully after seeing someone that I knew. “Hyung!”

“Kai? What are you doing here?” Jackson asked confusedly.

“Well, hyung, that bunch of friends of yours locked up my girlfriend in here! Since you’re here, open the door quickly!”

“YOUR GIRLFRIEND? YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?!” He widened his eyes in surprise.

Ah, !

I slapped myself mentally after realizing what I just said.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU MENTION THAT, KIM JONGIN?!

“Ah! Umm… That’s a long story. Now, quick! You have the key, right?”

“Okay, okay. Wait a minute.” Despite being curious, Jackson fished out the club room’s key from his uniform pocket and unlocked the door. Well, he’s one of the members of Entertainers Club anyway.

Without wasting a second, I stepped inside and called out for the damsel-in-distress. “Sora! Are you o-”

But then, I stepped back in surprise when I scanned around the room.

Whoa~ this is actually unexpected.

Sora, who had one of her legs on Jinyoung’s stomach, turned to look at me. “Tch. Slave, you’re late.”

I scoffed in an instant. This is how she thanks me? “Yeah, whatever. Why do you even bother calling me here when you can handle all these trash by yourself anyway?” I replied, referring to the five boys lying helplessly on the floor.

There’s no need for me to guess. It’s DEFINITELY Sora’s doing.

I never knew that witch have a license as a gangster too. She’s undeniably scary I tell you. It’s highly recommended to be 24/7 cautious when you’re around her.

Jackson then stepped inside and mirrored the same expression I have. “Whoa… what’s happening here?”

As he looked around, he saw Sora as the only one standing firmly around the scattered almost-lifeless guys.

“Don’t tell me…” He then gave me a look saying ‘Is your girlfriend the one who beats them all up?’

I just shrugged. “Well then, I guess the rest is up to you, Jackson hyung. Anyway, thanks.”

I gave him a grateful smile before dragging an angry Sora away. The speechless Jackson just watched us go away.

As soon as we’re out of the room, Sora pulled her hand back, making me to look at her questioningly.

She squinted her eyes unsatisfiedly towards me. “Why did you hold Luhan from chasing after me when that creepy guy kidnapped me just now?”

. She saw it!

“Well… I don’t remember signing a contract to be your personal bodyguard.” I shot back in a second. Nice comeback, Kim Jongin.

She scoffed at me absurdly. “I guess I’m not wrong in labelling you a satan. I’m glad I have black belt in mixed martial arts though.”

Huh?

“Mixed martial arts?” I furrowed my eyebrows. “Did such thing even exist?”

“You don’t need to know that, pea brain.”

I scoffed back at her. “As if you’re any better, dimwit.”

She gave me her usual piercing glare and hissed. “Be grateful that I don’t kick your for being late.” She huffed and continued walking towards our club room.

I don’t know why but for some reason, the corners of my mouth lifted up by itself. A small part of my heart is telling me that I’m just glad that she’s doing fine.

This time again, I’m caught red-handed. “See! You’re smiling at me, you freako!!!”

I composed myself and looked up ahead. “W-What?! Heh! You’re just so full of yourself!”

“No! I SAW you CLEARLY! Damn it! I should’ve taken a picture as a proof.” She mumbled the last two sentences but I catch that.

“Stop that, Miss-ugly-duckling, you’re not even my type.”

“Stop denying!”

“Fine, suit yourself.” I decided to raise the white flag since I knew how much of a debater she is.

Rolling my eyes, I walked faster towards the club room. The shorty was barely trying to keep up with my pace. Secretly, I smiled to myself again. Only this time, I’m being careful not to let her notice.

Pssh… what have you done to your life, Kim Jongin?


 

Sora’s POV

Arriving at the studio room, both Jongin and I stopped in track as soon as we entered the room.

IT’S EMPTY!

“What…?” I breathed out.

A sigh was heard from behind me. “I guess the meeting ended already.” Ruffling his hair into a fit of messy bird nest, Jongin went over to the speaker and plugged in his iPod. It seems like he wants to start his dance routine.

I decided to stay over for a while, with a hope that Jimin can’t find me here since that vowed to take me back home today. And I didn’t tell him anything about our club meeting.

Obviously feeling weird at my action, Jongin stopped scrolling through his playlist and lifted up his head, staring right at me. “Why are you still here?”

I blinked a few times before answering nonchalantly. “To annoy you, slave.”

He scoffed incredulously and put down his iPod before a slow jazz music was heard. He put on his cap and pulled his hood up as he stride in front of the mirrored wall.

And he started dancing.

I don’t know why but I can feel myself getting mesmerized by his smooth dance steps. It was as if he was hypnotizing me through the dance. The tap sound of his shoes on the floor makes me nod my head unknowingly.

, Sora, this is bad…

Without noticing, I started making small moves and dance along the beat at the spot where I was standing quietly. I can feel the corner of my mouth lifted up little by little.

Gosh! How long has it been already?

 

 

 

“I thought Jongdae said you never dance.”

I froze in place when Jongin was suddenly two steps away in front of me.

Shoot.

When did that music stops???

I tried to compose myself and calmly answered. “He told you the right thing.”

He shot me a look of disbelief and narrowed his eyes. “Reeeeeeally?”

You’re dead, Sora. YOU.ARE.DEAD

“Yes. Definitely. I.DON’T.DO.DANCE.” I pressed firmly, hoping that he would stop bugging me.

Please don’t ask any further please don’t ask any further please don’t ask any further please don’t ask any further please don’t ask any further please don’t-

“Alright.”

…eh?

“What-”

My sentence were hanging in the air when suddenly an upbeat music echoing inside the studio. Jongin who had a sly smile hidden under his cap (excuse me, I saw it CLEARLY), extended out his right hand to me.

“Let’s dance.”

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???????????????????

“Huh?” I just stared at his hand blankly. Right on time, the music hits the chorus and I felt the sudden urge to accept his offer.

No, Park Sora.

You already quit from all of this.

Without me knowing, my hand slowly made its way up and I was stepping one step forward.

NO

GET TO YOUR SENSES!

“SORA!”

GASP

Upon hearing the voice and the slamming of the door at the same time, Jongin and I both directed our attention to the opened door.

Thank God!

Seeing the familiar guy standing by the door frame, I found myself letting out a relief sigh. Though I can’t believe Jimin is the one to turn up now to be my knight in shining armour. eww

wait

“Jimin? How do you-”

Before I can even inspect him any further, he suddenly rushed towards Jongin and grabbed him by the collar.

“WHAT THE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING TO MY GIRLFRIEND?!!”

WHAT?!

EXCUSE ME?!!!

“TELL ME BEFORE I BREAK THAT ONE HELL OF FACE OF YOURS!!!!!”

Oh no! This is dangerous!

“Wait, Jimin, stop!” Sensing the alarm, I tried to calm the raging teenage-hormone Jimin down but he was ignoring me as he bore Jongin’s head with his murderous glare.

And WHY THE HECK IS JONGIN NOT EVEN RESISTING?!

Using all my strength, I break them apart and stood in front of Jongin in defence (triple ewww).

“HE’S MY BOYFRIEND!!!”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Silence….

whut

da

FLYING

CHICKEN???!!!!!!!!

DID I JUST SAY THAT???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID I???????????????????????????????????

“Sora…”

My own mouth was hanged open as I quickly snapped into reality. “Huh? What did I just…?”

PARK SORA IS GOING CRAZY! CALL 911!!!

“No. I mean, uhh…” I stammered, trying to find the right word.

“Is that true?” I heard Jimin asked in a different tone.

I looked up at him and realized that he was asking JONGIN with a spark in his eyes. wtf

The lad blinked a few times and pointed at himself with a confused look spread across his face.

Oh noes.

Park Jimin is ABSOLUTELY up to no good.

I CAN SMELL THAT

“Aish! Let’s just get out of here, Park Jimin!” Without wasting another second, I dragged Jimin with me forcefully and dashed out of the studio.

Stupid!

STUPID SORA!!!