01

Love or Lost Game

Sora’s POV

Screw this maniac principal!

He freaking laughed at me for a good 15 minutes! What the hell is wrong with this old hag?!

Putting aside all of the uneasy feelings, I managed to reach the principal’s office safely. When I asked him whether I’m in the right place, he said yes. And when I questioned him about all of the students wearing casual clothes, he burst out laughing. And I had to endure myself not to be rude by holding the volcano inside me waiting to erupt.

“Okay, I’m sorry about that.” And the maniac finally calm down. I thought he was going to continue laughing until the world ends. “Well, I told your mom yesterday that today is a casual day.”

Huh? Casual day? Guess what, mom says nothing about this.

“Well, maybe it’s my mistake for not explaining it clearly. What I meant is, every Monday, the students are allowed to wear casual clothes to school.” He gave me a smile.

I still kept my poker face on. “But that doesn’t mean we’re not allowed to wear school uniform, right? I mean, just like what you said... Sir, today is a casual day, not a no uniform day.”

He smiled lopsided and nodded, agreeing with me. “Yeah, you’re right. But so far, all of the students wear casual clothes on Monday. They prefer casual more than uniform though.”

Hmm... That explains why that Kim Jong guy wore casual clothes.

“But I guess you’re brave enough to wear a cap on your first day here.”

Hearing his statement, I put on a little smug face. “Well, it’s a casual day today, Sir.”

“But I have a feeling you’ll wear it even tomorrow and maybe every day. Am I right?”

I scoffed inwardly. He suits the title principal for knowing a student like me too well.

“I’ll take that as a yes and you’re the very first student to wear a cap to school even on the first day. Not to mention, you’re a girl. Well, not that I mind though. There’s no rule prohibiting students to wear cap here. So, I hope you’ll enjoy yourself at this school. Feel free to meet me if you have any problem and please, just call me Mr. Kim. We’re not in a military school for you to call me ‘Sir’.”

I cracked a small smile at his tiny little joke. “I will, Mr. Kim.”

He extended his right hand to me and I shook it contentedly. “Welcome to San Maryosa High School, Miss Park.”


 

You know what I hate the most being in new school?

“Introduce yourself, Miss Park.”

Yes, that.

Can we just skip this intro part and continue on with the class? I mean, they all literally know my name so why bother introduce myself?

With a muffled groan, I bowed 45 degree reluctantly. “I’m Park Sora, from Busan.” Well, apparently that’s where my previous home is.

“Oh really? But your accent doesn’t show you’re from Busan?” A girl in my new class asked. But it sounds more like a statement actually.

“Busan is not my hometown. It’s just my previous living place.” Literally.

Nevertheless, the girl nodded understanding and the other classmates just let out an ‘oh’.

Well, it ends here, right? I can go and sit comfortably now, right?

“Miss, let her sit here!” A boy’s voice broke out across the classroom.

When I scanned the surroundings and found the source of the voice, my eyebrows knitted together. There, I saw a male student who was sitting beside the window, pointing towards the empty seat beside him. Wait! He looks familiar...

“Okay. Miss Park, please take your seat beside Jongin.” The female teacher smiled brightly at me.

I bowed a little and went off to my designated seat. I was contented with my seat since it’s located at the very back of the classroom.

All eyes were on me when I trudged away towards my seat.

Someone stop this. I don’t like attention!

As I was sitting on my seat, the guy on my right -the Jongin guy-, tap my table. Sheez! Please, I don’t want to make any friend.

Ignoring him completely, I focused on Miss Jang’s class.

But seriously, doesn’t this guy ever feel tired? He tried EVERYTHING in order to get my attention, which he didn’t get of course.

The whole period was filled with me trying so ing hard to focus and Jongin constantly throwing things to me, kicking my chair, knocking my table and such.

I’ve never been this mad for my entire life!


 

“Yah! Stop right there! Why are you ignoring me?”

Can someone give me a hammer right now? Anyone?

No?

Okay, a samurai would be enough.

Still no?

Fine. I hate you.

“Bora-yah! Park Bora!”

I can hear the Jongin guy running closely after me behind, so I fastened my pace.

Heesh! What the heck is wrong with this guy? Why is he adding oil into the fayahhhh?!

I was heading towards the library during recess time when goddamn Jong grabbed my wrist. Turning around completely, I jerked back my hand in anger. I can literally see smoke coming out from my nose already.

He was about to say something when I cut him immediately. “First of all, my name is PARK SORA. Second of all, ing hell do you want?!

For a second, he was totally taken aback by my words. But then, he laughed like a crazy person.

Excuse me?

How come this school let a mental patient study here? I need to call an ambulance.

“Whoa wait! Did you just curse? AT ME???” He widened his eyes and scoffed unbelievably.

Oho~ is he trying to say that he’s the cool guy in school and everyone treats him well and I’m the first person ever to break his cool image and... does he have a split personality? One second he laughed like a madman and another second, here comes the mighty dragon.

There goes my rant.

“So what if I curse? Are you going to say it looks so unlady-like? Tch. Typical bastard.” I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at him. “Note this. Never ever touch me without my permission. Get it?”

For a second, he blinked his eyes. Then, an absurd laugh broke out from his mouth. “Wow~ you really don’t have any sense, do you? I just want to make friend!”

Tch…

“Not with me. If you want to make friends, go find other people. Just because I’m your classmate, that's not the reason to be my friend. And just because I’m a new student, don’t. DON’T use that lame excuse.” I put down a big blow and left the empty hallway.

I told you don’t make friends with me. IT’S DISGUSTING!


 

Jongin’s POV

“IS SHE HAVING THE TIME OF THE MONTH?! SERIOUSLY!!”

“Whoa whoa! Kim Jongin, hold right there.” Baekhyun who was eating bread, raised his hands to calm me down. “You just arrived here. Late. And now you’re furious over a... girl... having her time of the month?”

“Dude, what happened?” Kyungsoo leaned in with a gleam of interest in his eyes.

I let out a long sigh before placing both of my hands on the table. “Well you see, there’s a new student in my class and-”

“YOU MEAN PARK SORA???”

I cocked my head to the side and raised my eyebrows at Jongdae. “Yeah. How do you know about it? I thought Luhan and Sehun are the only guys who’re in the same class with me. Or did they tell you already?” I casted a look at both of them but they denied it.

“She’s my new neighbour.” Jongdae simply stated.

I let out a mocking laugh instantly. “Good luck with that rotten girl, hyung.”

“Hey, that’s not nice! Well, she does have an arrogant image but maybe she has her own reason to have that image.”

The other guys started cooed at Jongdae. Minseok who was sitting beside him, narrowed his eyes suspiciously. “Is there something going on, that we don’t know, here?”

Jongdae wailed his hands frustratedly in the air. “Guys, it’s not like what you think.”

"Well, what do you think we are thinking about?" Chanyeol eyed him sideways.

“Fine, fine! Heesh! Having curious friends like you guys are hard. Okay, here’s the thing. That girl just moved in yesterday and she ignored me completely when I greeted her by the gate. And of course that’s rude. When I was helping her mom with their stuffs yesterday, she told me that girl’s personality is originally like that since they were moving from one place to another. And guess what?”

He stopped midway to create the suspense and the impatient Tao was about to lose his temper when Jongdae grinned satisfiedly at our frustration.

“That girl, Sora, and her family had been moving around for countless of times. Name the country and I guarantee you she’d lived there before.” He ended with a smile.

“You mean, literally everywhere?” Sehun almost popped out his eyes.

“Like I said, name it.”

“Japan?” Luhan asked.

“Yes.”

“London?”

“Yes.”

“China?”

“Yes.”

“Los Angeles?”

“Yes.”

“South Africa?”

“Umm... Don’t think so.” Jongdae answered the last question from Kris. “Okay. Q&A session ends here.”

“But wait, what does it has to do with her personality anyways?” Yixing asked confusedly.

“Well, her mom told me she doesn’t have any friend-”

“She never bothers to make one though.” I interrupted.

“And what makes you so sure about that, Jongin?” Jongdae squinted his eyes at me.

“Now I tell you guys, the girl I’m furious at is her, Park Sora. I just want to be her friend, you know? I followed her until the school library and she cursed at me saying she doesn’t need any friend!” I sighed out loud.

“She went to the school library on her first day of school?!” Sehun's jaws dropped.

I nodded. “I know, right? She’s weird.”

“Hey hey, I haven’t finished yet!” Jongdae protested. “Well, her old friends, all of them, abandoned her as soon as she moved out of her previous district.”

“You mean, every single one of them?” He nodded at Junmyeon’s question. “That’s so mean.”

“So now you figure out why, right?”

“But wait, don’t you think her face rings a bell?” Luhan tilted his head to the side and after a second, his eyes widened. Then, he turned to me with a shocked expression.

“It’s her! SHE’S THE ONE WHO YOU RAN INTO YESTERDAY WHEN WE WERE ROLLER-SKATING!”

For a moment, I was confused. But then, it hit my mind.

“You mean, the rude girl? THE GIRL THAT KICKED ME???!!!!”