10

Love or Lost Game

Sora’s POV

“PARK SORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ugh! Someone please explain why am I in the same club with these maniacs?

“Wait! You guys know each other already?” Mr. Club Advisor’s voice was heard from across the room when he saw the monkey boys rushing towards me.

Except Jongin, of course.

“No.” I rejected coldly.

“Ouch! That hurts!” Baekhyun clutched his chest and pretended to be hurt. Tch. Silly puppy.

“Well, I guess there’s no need for further introduction, then. So, boys, she’s our new club member!” The teacher announced and here goes the cheers.

I slowly raised my hand in the midst of them celebrating and catching the teacher’s attention. “Excuse me but... I forgot your name, teacher.”

Silence.

And then, the boys burst into a fit of laughter.

Ha, thanks to them, now I feel guilty.

Not that I mean to embarrass the teacher in front of his students but well, excuse me and my short-term memory. I’m not good with names for your information.

But it seems like the teacher didn’t mind about that. He smiled at me and that made me glad. “Well, I guess it can’t be help when you have a weak memory.”

I scoffed incredulously at his words.

Okay, I take it back. I don’t feel guilty at all right now, thanks to the teacher.

“My name is Jihoon. The students usually call me Mr. Hoon but these boys always call me just by my name.”

My eyebrows connected together at Mr. Jihoon’s words. What is he trying to say, really?

I heard someone clearing his throat beside me and I turned my head to see Jongdae. “To make it clear, we only call him Jihoon. Without ‘sir’ or ‘mister’. He’s like, our friend already.”

I raised an eyebrow, a little bit shocked. “That’s... so casual of you guys.”

“Believe me or not, he’s just 2 years older than us.” Chanyeol stated.

My eyes widened unconsciously. “HE JUST GRADUATED LAST YEAR?!”

Damn! Now that’s unexpected...

I mean, HOW COME SOMEONE WHO JUST GRADUATED BECOME A TEACHER STRAIGHT AWAY?! Unbelievable…

“Sora, I think you’re missing something.” Tao then spoke from across the room.

Huh?

“What?”

“You forgot to give Jongin orders, duh!”

I snorted immediately at his matter-of-fact tone. “I just don’t feel like it today. Be grateful that I give you a one-day off, slave.

Jongin glared at me and STRANGELY, he didn’t retort back.

Hmm... someone’s not in the mood today, I guess. That would add up to many reasons as to why I should annoy him.

But no. I got other things to worry about for today.

“Alright. Now that the introduction is over, we’ll begin our meeting for today.” Mr. Hoon spoke up. The boys settled themselves on the floor and listened attentively.

I’m surprised they know how to shut up.

“As everyone is well aware, the seniors are now back. Which means, the opening carnival is going to be held soon.”

Huh? Opening carnival?

“Oh right! You’re a new student, isn’t it, Sora?” Mr. Hoon asked. “Well, as for your information, this unique school...”

Unique, my .

“...starts the study session a week early than other schools. And within that one week time, the seniors a.k.a the third-year students will be sent off to a seminar to prepare for their campus life soon. That explains why the school is so noisy now. And so, an opening carnival will be held on the 31st January, two weeks after the seniors returned.”

“And the clubs are responsible for the activities on the event?” I tried to guess.

Mr. Hoon snapped his fingers. “Correct! And, I just got informed about the second-years task.”

Hmm?

“Second-years?”

“Ah~ right. I forgot to tell you that members of a club are picked based on years. As you can see, this club is consisted of second-years student.”

Oh… I see.

I don’t know why but I swear, the boys were all anticipating Mr. Hoon’s next announcement with glimmering eyes.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand… second-years are assigned to handle... ENTERTAINMENT!”

“YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

My frown deepened more at the outburst as well as Mr. Hoon’s words.

Entertainment? What do you mean by that? This school is getting weirder day by day I swear.

“Finally, it’s our year!” Baekhyun beamed.

“We’re soooooooooooooooooooooooooo going to take the spotlight for this year!” Yixing joined him in the cheer.

That made me confused even more. “Wait! Guys… I need a thorough explanation.”

With that, they all turned their heads towards me.

“Entertainment? What do you mean by that? Are you going to say that we’re going to perform something during the carnival? Like, a theatre play?” I asked, loud and clear.

“Alright, Sora.” Luhan then turned my body to face him. I swear he has the habit of doing that every single time he talks to me.

“There are three types of task designed for this carnival based on students’ years. That is; entertainment, games and sales. Students who got ‘sales’ will open up food stalls or a mini café or a small souvenir shop, while the ‘games’ task will obliged the students to open a game booth.”

“And for the second-years task, that is; entertainment, you can do anything besides ‘sales’ and ‘games’. Like, opening up a haunted house, perform a play, do a singing contest or whatever you want.” Mr. Hoon continued Luhan’s explanation.

I slowly nodded. Now I see why they’re so excited about the task.

“So, the purpose of this meeting is to discuss what kind of booth or entertainment we’ll be doing for the carnival. Any suggestions?”

“Dance contest!”

“Treasure hunt!”

“What? That’s so lame, Chanyeol.”

“I’m just saying out my idea.”

“What about test of courage?”

“That’s also old-school, Baekhyun.”

“House of Spaceship!”

“Yixing, do you even realised what you’re saying?”

“I know! I know! 3D house!!!”

“But they already did it last year.”

“Haunted house!”

“I’m 300% sure other clubs are already fighting over that.”

Hmm… Entertainment, huh?

“Sora, got any idea?”

What?

I raised up my head and everyone was locking their eyes on me.

Excuse me?

“I-I…”

Gosh! You know what, I never attended any club activities before and this is my very FIRST time.

The original plan was to not dedicating myself in any club. Hence, that’s why I choose the MOST INACTIVE club to join before I was FORCED to enter this ‘thing’.

“What about Jongin?” I turned my head towards the lad who was sitting across me. Oh, that was spontaneous.

Jongin raised both his eyebrows, surprised at my sudden action. “Me? Why me?”

“Because you’ve been so quiet since the moment you stepped into this room. Is something bothering you, Kim Jongin?” Mr. Hoon asked calmly. “Or if I might guess, this must have something to do with Jackson, am I right?”

Jackson?

Obviously, Jongin seemed ticked off at the mention of the student’s name. Hmm… Is this Jackson guy his enemy or something?

Seeing that Jongin didn’t answer anything, Mr. Hoon just smiled. “Well, I guess I’m right. But don’t worry, your performance for this year will not be the usual one. If you want to challenge him in a duel, now is the perfect right time.”

Huh?

Performance? Duel?

“I’ll explain everything to you on the way home.” As if knowing what I was thinking, I heard a whisper beside me and turned to see Jongdae’s smiling face.

I’m glad he noticed my OBVIOUSLY confused face.

I just shrugged and turned my attention back to the teacher.

“Hmm… it looks like we’re going to continue this meeting tomorrow. So guys, think about this later when you go home. You may disperse now.”

“Come, come!” As soon as Mr. Hoon gave the cue to leave, Jongdae kept on bugging me to walk with him.

I sighed and just followed him out of the studio room, seeing that there’s no other choice.

You know, I hate people using an excuse just to get closer with me.

But,

I hate it even more when I’m drawn into a swirling pool of confusion.


 

“Well, you see, some of the clubs have their special task for the carnival. Like music club, theatre club and our club, we need to perform something on the stage.”

I kept mum and took in all the information Jongdae just conveyed to me on our way home.

“And, we have the advantage here. Since our club is named ‘Performers Club’, we can perform anything linked to our club’s name. But I have a strong feeling that we’ll be doing a dance performance this year seeing how determined Jongin is to challenge Jackson hyung to a duel.”

Hyung?

“Is this Jackson guy you all were talking about, a third-year student?” I wondered.

Jongdae snapped his fingers. “Bingo! Jackson hyung and Jongin are best friends, you know? But when it comes to dancing, neither one wants to back down. Last year, during opening carnival, they decided to have a dancing contest when performing on the stage.”

My interest perked up at Jongdae’s storytelling time.

“And the result is a draw. That explains how they’re both still unsatisfied with that. So, considering that Jackson hyung will be graduating this year, it’s the final chance for Jongin to challenge him to a duel.”

“So, you’re saying that we have no choice but to perform a dance this year?”

“Yep.”

I scoffed immediately.

Never in hell am I going to dance!

I stopped in front of my house gate and turned towards Jongdae seriously. “Just so you know, dancing is NOT my thing.”

With that, I leave Jongdae hanging and went inside my house.

And here comes my biggest nightmare.

As soon as I stepped into the living room, someone already greeted me with a wide grin.

Someone that I hate so much.

“WELCOME HOME, BABY BOO! Miss me?”

Can someone shoot me right now?