Smile

I Don't Wanna Say Goodbye

 

            Sora woke up with the noise coming outside her door.

 

            “WAKE UP! WAKE UP! IT’S A WONDERFUL DAY~”

            “Aigoo, what’s happening so early?!” she was slightly pissed and immediately opened the door.

            “ANNYEONG HASEYO ~ DAESUNG-IMNIDA!” She was startled by Daesung. The boy really looked funny wearing sparkling clothes and putting up this crazy hairstyle but still Sora wasn’t pleased.

            “What’s this? Disturbing me again?”

            “Of course not! I just want to perform in front of you. Dalwa ~ Dalwa ~ Gwisoon!”

            “BAM!” The door was shut. Sora clearly didn’t like it.

            “Aigoo… what’s wrong with this girl?! Okay, now plan B!” It’s a good thing, Daesung never gives up easily.

 

            In the afternoon, Sora helped out that halmunnis in knitting some sweaters for their grandchildren when suddenly the children brought a clown to where they were staying.

            “Omo, what’s this? A clown.”

            “I’m here to fill up your day with laughter.” All of the halmunnis and children laughed except for Sora. The clown cracked jokes and everything but that didn’t make her laugh.

            “Sora-yah, why aren’t you having fun? This clown wants to make you smile.” One halmunni told her.

            “I know that guy is Daesung halmunni… and he’s not funny after all. I’ll go now.” Again, Sora went inside her room and looked really pissed.

            “Daesung-ah, don’t give up! She’s just tough on the outside.” Daesung nodded and gave them a big smile.

            “I won’t give up halmunnis. This girl would give me her sweet smile later!” he winked at them.

 

            The next day, Sora was busy reading a book when a suddenly one of the children came bringing a flower to her.

 

            “Sora noona, this is for you.” He handed out a flower and ran.

            “What are they up to this time?”

 

            Another little girl came running bringing another flower.

 

            “Unni, you’re so pretty but you’ll be prettier when you smile.”

 

            One by one, other kids went to her bringing flowers and all saying beautiful things to her. When all the kids left, she stood up and turned around like she was finding someone.

 

            “Kang Daesun-sshi, I know you’re behind all of this. Cut it out now. Don’t waste your time and energy for me. The children would just be tired. Please don’t bother me anymore. If you want me to smile, then here you go…” she smiled but frowned after that. It was obviously a fake one. Sora stood up and walked away…

            “Aigoo… this girl is so persistent…” Daesung whispered as he was listening to her from a far.

 

            Suddenly, Sora heard a little girl crying at the garden.

 

            “Don’t cry little girl… Don’t cry!”

            “I don’t like you! Go away!” she continued to cry. Daesung heard her too and came running.

            “Omo. Why is this pretty girl crying?! Oppa is here now. Don’t cry, neh?” but she still continued to sob.

            “Ah… I have a plan! Wait for oppa, neh?”

 

            Sora watched Daesung’s every move while she also tried to stop the girl from crying. In a while…

 

            “Ann-yeong!”

            “OMO. Doraemon?” A Doraemon mascot suddenly came.

            “Asa! My name is Doraemon and I’m here to relieve your sadness little girl.” Doraemon started to dance. “Don’t cry, Doraemon is here for you...” Little by little, the girl stopped crying.

            “Whaaaaaa~ You are so cute!” The girl pinched Doraemon’s cheeks.

            “Hye Na, it’s time to go now.” The mom of the girl called her.

            “Okay Mom! Thank you Doraemon oppa!” she waved goodbye.

            “Aigooo… Why is it so hard to make people smile?”

“Cute…” Sora suddenly whispered and a miracle happened. She slightly smiled. Daesung was so shock to see her smile. He was the one in the Doraemon suit.

            “SHE SMILED YOROBBUN ~ KIM SORA JUST SMILED AND IT WAS GENUINE THIS TIME! I MADE KIM SORA SMILE!” He yelled and jump for joy.

            “Anniyo~ I didn’t.” Sora lied and looked away.

            “Anni~ I saw you smile!” Daesung argued. She continued to jump and jump causing him to lose balance and fall to the ground as he rolled over.

            “AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” he yelled.

            “Omo!” Sora immediately came to his aide.

            “A… awww… It hurts.” Daesung took off the mascot’s head.

            “Are you fine?” Sora helped him stood up.

            “Of course I am. I’m a strong man. Let go of me.” Sora let go of him but he fell off the ground again causing him to have dirt all over his face. Suddenly, Sora laughed. She really laughed her heart out.

            “HAHAHA~” Everybody went closer to them watching Sora laugh. Daesung smiled.

            “See, you are pretty when you smile.” Sora stopped laughing as she tuned red from what Daesung said. She helped her again stand up. The kids started to ran towards them, hugging both of them.

            “Unni, I never saw you laugh before. You’re really pretty!”

            “Doraemon is the best!” Again, Sora smiled at the children. She suddenly looked at Daesung. He felt his heart beat fast as Sora looked at her.

            “Thank you. That was fun.” She smiled at Daesung. Daesung was speechless. He felt lingering feelings from her heart.

 

******************************************************************

@yen ~ thanks for reading bb. :)

thanks to my new subscribers! :)