Hardest Fight

I Don't Wanna Say Goodbye

 

            “Collapsed? Again?!” Daesung immediately went to the hospital upon hearing what happened to Sora. Lately, she was always weak and felt pain. Daesung was so worried about her and came as fast as possible.

 

            “Noona!”  he was still running when she yelled to the nurse. “Is she okay?” he continued to pant.

            “Don’t worry, I think she’s fine now… she’s in her room.”

 

            Daesung immediately went to Sora’s room to see check on her. When she opened the door, Sora was looking far out the window. She was in a wheel chair looking so weak. She didn’t even notice Daesung entered. She looked very sad as she looked at the vast sky. Daesung knocked on the door to get her attention.

 

            “Oh? You’re here…” she smiled weakly. Daesung sat beside her and held her hand. She didn’t spoke but just smiled at her. “I can’t walk straight anymore… When I stand up, I just lose my balance and fall…” she told him.

            “It’s okay, I’ll always be here to catch you.” Daesung looked at her and cupped her face. “Don’t be sad, okay?” she nodded.

            “You too… when I go, you have to find your happiness!”

            “Yah! Don’t tell me that thing.” He look seriously at her.

            “We can’t deny it now… everyone in this world will eventually leave but I’m glad that I’ve known you. Thank you for making me happy.” She kissed Daesung’s cheeks and smiled. Daesung just smiled back at her for he doesn’t want to make her feel lonely anymore.

 

            After that, Sora was so busy with every medication and treatment she’d have to go just for her to survive her illness. Daesung was also busy accompanying her in everything. He was too tired but he never left Sora’s side.

 

            “AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!” Sora yelled while she was inside the laboratory room. Daesung’s heart is breaking while hearing the girl she valued so much getting hurt. “STOP IT! STOP! IT HURTS!” Sora continued to yell as the doctors continue to do what they should. It was a treatment for them but for her it was more of a torture. Daesung’s tears started flowing from his eyes hearing Sora’s pleads but he can’t do anything but to just watch her be in pain.

 

            After the treatment, Sora fell asleep. So Daesung decided to go and just go back that morning. When he was about to go, he suddenly realized that he left his jacket inside Sora’s room so he came back. He opened the door slowly and silently so that he won’t wake Sora up but when he opened it, she heard Sora crying.

 

“Eomma, appa… Are you really going to take me away already? I’m really tired now… but I don’t wanna leave yet… What will I do?” she cried and cried thinking that no one will hear her.

 

Daesung felt so much pain upon hearing Sora, he wanted to console her but there was just something that is stopping him from doing so. His tears flowed from her eyes as he heard Sora’s crying voice. He knew how much it hurts, he knew how much she wants to stay but he also knew that he just cannot do anything but stay strong for her.