The first phase.

When Fire Meets Ice

"I..." I started off. He looked into my eyes. I glared at him. "Do you really think I'm that gullible?"

He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. "W-w-what?"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "You really think I would believe that? That you like me?" I scoffed and looked away from him. "Everything you just said is pure bull."

He held my face and forced me to look at him. I looked into his eyes. Tears were forming in them.

"I'm not lying to you! Why can't you believe me?" He shouted at me, still holding onto my face.

I slapped his hands away and glared at him. "Because everything your saying is pure bull! You're just saying those things because of the legend! You don't really like me.. You just want the legend to happen again."

He looked at me with widened eyes. "That's not true! Why would you even think that?!" 

"Because that's all you mention to me. The stupid love legend!" I shouted and turned away from him.

I walked out of the school gate but Kikwang grabbed my hand again and spun me around to face him.

"Do you want me to prove it? To prove that I do have feelings for you? Cause I can! Just tell me.." He held onto my hand tightly and looked at me with pleading eyes. Soon, the tears in his eyes started rolling down his cheeks.

I shook his hand away and shook my head. "I don't need you to prove it. Because you're just lying. Period."

I turned away and walked away from him. Many people were watching us and I felt like burning them all. Too bad they were just normal people.

"YONG JAEHYUN! YONG JAEHYUN!" I heard Kikwang shouting my name from behind me. I ignored him and kept walking forward.

"WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME? WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE THAT I LIKE YOU?!" He continued to shout. More eyes were looking at us now. 

"I LIKE YOU SO MUCH! YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S LOVE NOW!" I stopped in my tracks. I think I heard him wrong.

"I LOVE YOU YONG JAEHYUN! WHY CAN'T YOU BELIEVE ME? I LOVE YOU AND IT'S MY TRUE FEELINGS!" Nope, I didn't hear wrong.

I turned around and saw Kikwang panting heavily.

"I LOVE YOU!" He shouted up at the sky before returning to look at me. "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" He shouted again.

I felt my heart beat faster. I can't believe he was shouting his confession to me. I had the urge to throw a fire ball at him but because of all the eyes staring at us, I held it in. I clenched my hands into fists and started stomping my way towards Kikwang.

"I love--" Before he could finish his sentence, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back into the school.

I dragged him through the hallways which was still full of students. They all watched as I pulled Kikwang along with me. Once we got to the empty gym, I dropped his arm and pushed him towards the middle of the gym. He fell onto the ground with a loud thud. I laid my foot on his chest and leaned down closer to him.

"What the was that for?!" I hissed at him.

He looked up at me. "I was proving my love for you. Isn't that what you wanted?"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't say anything."

He pushed my leg away and stood up, dusting himself off. He looked at me and started walking closer to me.

"Admit it. You liked what I did. You felt something when I yelled out my confession to you." He kept stepping closer.

I backed away. "That's not true." I whispered. He smirked. "Yeah right."

I looked at him. He was still smirking at me. Maybe what he was saying is right. Maybe, just maybe, I did like it. I liked how he confessed to me. Could I actually love him back? I kept backing up and he kept stepping forward.

"I hope you believe me now." He said.

I stopped backing up and held my arm out in front of me, also stopping Kikwang from walking closer. My hand landed on his chest. I could feel his heart beart. And it was really fast too. I looked at his chest before looking back up at him.

He smiled. "You see Jaehyun.. It's beating for you.."

I removed my hand from his chest and looked away from him. My heart was beating just as fast as his now. He grabbed my face and forced me to look at him.

"I love you Jaehyun.." He whispered. I gulped.

I refused to look him in the eyes but I allowed him to hold onto my face.

"Look at me.." He whispered. I didn't know why but I obeyed and slowly moved my eyes to look at him. 

He looked into my eyes and I looked into his. He was slowly moving closer when suddenly, we heard the gym doors slam open. We both turned to look towards the gym doors.

Jirae stood there with her eyes on us. I pushed Kikwang away and he let go of me. I looked at Jirae.

"What is it?" I asked.

I saw her shake her head before running towards us. Once she reached us, I saw sadness in her eyes.

"Jongin was taken!" She said.

My eyes widened and It felt like the world stopped spinning.

Jongin was taken.

Jongin was taken.

Jongin.

Was.

Taken.

"What.." I whispered and stared out into the distance, still not believe what I heard. Jirae repeated what she said.

I snapped back into reality and stared at Jirae." What?!" I yelled at her, shaking her body.

"Jongin was taken! I was walking home from school when I saw Jongin being dragged away by a bunch of big guys. I tried to run after them but they drove away in a black van." She shouted. 

I let go of her and quickly ran out of the gym.  I ran towards the schools field and flew up into the sky. I started looking around Seoul to see if there was any sign of a black van or of Jongin. I started flying around in the air and made sure that nobody would see me. I saw a black van driving very fast on one of the streets and I quickly flew after it. I made sure to stay up in the air. The black van soon stopped in front of a building and I saw Jongin being pulled out. I flew down and hid behind the van while Jongin was pulled into the building.

I started walking towards the front doors and let myself in. The building was neat and clean in the inside and seems as if it was a lobby of a hotel.

"May I help you?" A lady behind a counter asked. I strode towards her and grabbed her collar, pulling her closer to me.

"Where's my son?" I asked and glared at her. She started shaking in fear. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." She answered.

"Wrong answer." I made a fire ball in my free hand and held it close to her face. She stared at it.

"That way..." She slowly lifted her arm up and pointed to a door close to the counter. Her arm was shaking.

I smirked and pushed her away. "Thank you." I threw the fire ball at her and she turned into ashes.

If she knew where the big guys took Jongin, that means she was part of it. I walked towards the door and slammed it open. It revealed a staircase. I headed up the staircase and it led me to a dirty room that was only lit from the sunlight coming in through the window. I walked further into the room.

I suddenly heard clapping. "You're a good tracker."

I turned around and saw Jaemin. She was standing in front of the door, or where the door was supposed to be anyways. It was gone. Suddenly, there were big guys standing around the room. I looked at each of them before turning back to look at Jaemin.

"Oh and by the way, you owe me a new secretary." She smiled.

I ignored her. "Where's Jongin?" I asked her.

The smile on her face changed into a smirk and snapped her fingers. Jongin emerged from the dark corner and was pushed towards Jaemin. Jaemin held onto him by the shoulders.

"Say hi to mommy." She said. Jongin looked at me, crying. "Umma.." He whispered.

I stepped forward but a guy suddenly grabbed me from behind. 

"Let go," I hissed. The guy shook his head. I made a fire ball in my hand. Jaemin spoke up. "Let her go." She commanded the guy and he slowly let go and started backing away from me.

"Let him go..." I said with a calm voice, the fire ball still in my hand. Jaemin smirked and I saw her tighten her grip around Jongins shoulder.

He cried out in pain. I stepped forward again but Jaemin held her hand out. I stopped in my tracks. Suddenly, blood could be seen running down Jongins arm. My eyes widened.

"I just scratched him a little on the shoulders. You take one more step, and I'll give him more." Jaemin warned. I setpped back and glared at her. 

"And what's with the fire ball? No need for that. Let's talk." She said. I hesitated but soon, I shook the fire ball away.

She smiled. "There you go." I glared at her.

"I warned you. I told you I would take everything away from you. And this is phase one. The first person to disappear is Jongin." She smirked.

She can't do that. Jongin has powers too. He can get out of this.

I looked at Jongin. "Teleport Jongin." I told him. I notice him shake his head a little.

Jaemin laughed and tore Jongins sweater off. The necklace around his neck glistened. I gasped. It was the magic stopper. 

"He wore it today for school remember? So right now, Jongin has no magic." Jaemin smiled at me. I made a fire ball in my hand. 

"Oh no.." Jaemin held onto Jongins arm. "You wouldn't want to do that."

I saw a pained expression slowly appearing on Jongins face and I quickly shook the fire ball away. 

I sighed. "What do you want?" I asked.

She smirked. "I want you to feel pain. I want you to be weak."

I stared at her, confused. What did she mean?

"So say good bye to Jongin." Jaemin said and let go of Jongin.

Suddenly, Jongin disappeared. I panicked. "Jongin!" I yelled.

Jaemin laughed. "That's phase one. To take Jongin away from you. Now only I know where he is. He's mine now!" She laughed evilly before also disppearing into thin air. 

The big guys around the room also disappeared and the door could be seen. I looked around the room. Where's my Jongin? My son.. I walked towards the door and opened it. I climbed down the stairs until I was back in the lobby looking room. Kikwang and Jirae ran into the building.

I was so confused.

"Jaehyun!" Kikwang shouted. I couldn't hold it in anymore and I fell onto the ground, hands covering my face. It was the first time I have ever cried so much since my parents died.

I felt arms wrap around me and hold onto me tightly. "It'll be okay.." I heard Kikwang whisper before he started rocking me back and forth.

I kept crying. I didn't care anymore. Jaemin wants me to weaken right? If this is the only way Jongin can return, I'll become weak.

"What happened?" Kikwang asked once he let go of me. I sniffled. "Jongin is gone."

I looked up at Jirae and saw her flinch. I stood up and walked towards her. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug. "Thanks for being here best friend.." I whispered.

She slowly started hugging back and I felt her nod. "No worries.." She replied.

I pulled away and looked at Kikwang. He gave me a small smile. I nodded and returned the smile.

-----

Me and Kikwang returned home and now, everyone was in the living room for a meeting.

"What exactly happened Jaehyun?" Junhyung oppa asked. I looked at him. "Jaemin made Jongin disappear."

"What do you mean?" Yoseob oppa asked. I sighed and explained everything to the boys.

"She is a .." Yoseob oppa growled.

"What is she? Some sort of magician? How did she even make Jongin disappear?" Junhyung oppa asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. But I think it has to do with her minor power.."

"What do you mean? Her minor power is hypnotization." Yoseob oppa looked at me oddly.

I shook my head. "Then how did she make Jongin disappear all of a sudden? It doesn't make sense. Her major power is sharpness for sure. Before Jongin disppeared, she cut him. But I don't believe that hypnotization is her minor power."

"And she can't possibly have a major power and two minor powers. That's impossible." Kikwang stated.

Hyunseung suddenly flinched. We all looked at him. "What's wrong?" Junhyung oppa asked him.

Hyunseung looked at me and bit his lip. "I don't think it's impossible." He said.

I raised my eyebrow at him, not quite understanding what he was trying to say. "What do you mean?" 

He sighed. "A person can have three powers. It's possible."

"How?" Kikwang asked.

"If you steal powers from someone else.."

"What?!" Yoseob oppa shouted. "I'm seriously confused now." Juunhyung oppa shook his head.

"Explain." I said.

"Well.." Hyunseung started. "There is a way to steal someones power away. The only problem is, only certain people in the magic world know how to. If you said Jongin disappeared out of nowhere and he was wearing a magic stopper, it's possible that Jaemin stole his power of teleportation." Hyunseung explained. 

"That makes sense.." I whispered. "What are you saying Jaehyun?" Yoseob oppa looked at me.

I looked at him. "She disappeared too. And all her guards or whatever the hell those guys were."

Kikwang nodded. "Now it's starting to make sense."

"But there's still a confusing part of all this." Junhyung oppa said without looking at any of us.

"What is it?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Why is she doing this to you?" I shrugged. "She said it's because she wants to see me in pain. She wants to see me in my weakest point."

"But why?" He asked again.

I suddenly didn't know anymore. Junhyung oppa was right. Why does she want to see me like that? 

"I don't know.." I whispered, confused. I looked at the boys as they all looked at me. "But I know one thing for sure. This is just phase one."

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm scared now.. I'm confused about everything now too! What the hell is going on?!

My poor Jongin.. Where did you go?! )': 

(: