Jongin's explanation

When Fire Meets Ice

"So... This is how it started.."

I softly nodded, signalling for him to keep going. He sighed again.

"I come from an orphanage that is only for magically gifted kids. The lady there told me that she had found me in a box beside a garbage bin when I was still a baby. Obviously, she can't just leave a kid lying around. So, she took me into the orphanage she worked in."

I nodded.

"At first, she didn't know if I was a normal child or a magic child, so she hesitated whether she did the right thing of bringing me there. Also, she had no idea where I came from or who my family was. She was planning on bringing me to a regular orphanage when I turned 2 years old."

"So what happened..?" 

"When I turned 2, I was playing at the park when a biker was speeding towards me. The lady tried to grab me out of the way but before she could, I disappeared into thin air and appeared a few feet away from the biker and out of harms way.."

I looked around the park. Is this the same park where that incident happened?

"From then on, she knew I was magically gifted. To be honest, she panicked when she saw me teleport. And she was scared that people had seen. But they didn't."

What a lucky kid. Didn't get seen. It would've been weird to see a 2 year old little boy teleport out of nowhere. Especially since magic 'didn't exist'.

"From then on, the lady thought of me as her son. Or better yet, as a little brother." He smiled.

"That's good then.. You already had a umma or noona, so why am I your umma?"

His smile disappered. "Bad kids aren't allowed at the orphanage.."

I raised my eyebrow. "I don't understand.."

He bit his lip. "Well.." I rolled my eyes. "Just tell me!" I slightly raised my voice.

"Okay, Calm down! I'm just taking a dramatic pause.." I looked at him weirdly.

"Well, every year, an evaluator comes and checks out how the orphanage is doing. They like to make sure the orphanage is safe and is running well for the kids that live there. And that the children are well behaved and deserve to be there.." 

"I still don't understand.." I mumbled, but he probably heard.

"The day the evaluator came, a kid caused trouble and blamed it all on me. The evaluator saw me as a trouble maker and he wanted me out of the orphanage as soon as possible. And seeing how skilled I was with magic already, he had no problem in kicking me out.." 

I was mentally burning the evaluator right now. What a heartless person. I feel sorry for this little kid. Being kicked out of his only home.

"So the lady who worked at the orphanage, she helped me once again by finding a suitable parent for me."

My eyes widened. "How did I become a suitable parent?!!" I was extremely confused.

He giggled. "Silly you. Your the best mom I could ever have!" 

I raised my eyebrow. "Mind explaining to me how?"

He smirked. "Because we have alot in common!"

"So?"

"So! If people wonder how I'm your son, they'll totally fall for it seeing how much I'm like you!" He showed me a cheeky smile, which caused me to roll my eyes.

"That's the dumbest reason ever.."

He let out a deep sigh. "Alright, that's half the reason. The real reason why I'm your son is because I chose you as my mom."

"Huh?" This kid totally made the wrong choice.

"Well, the lady showed me suitable parents for me in this magical book that had all the magical blooded families in it. From the olden days to the present. I told her how I only wanted a mom, so she helped me look for one. We passed all the teenagers and only looked at the adults when we stopped at the page about you."

I nodded. I'm slightly confused again, but I get it. Does that even make sense? Whatever.

"For some reason, the picture of you caught my attention. I told her to let me read your profile. It said how you're the only one with the magic of fire. I found it cool but sadly, you were a teenager. I also saw how it said you were known as a trouble maker and a danger magnet.."

I smirked. That book knows me well. 

"Wait, why would you want me as a mom then?"

"Because people who are tough on the outside, are the sweetest and most caring in the inside. And they're the people with true personalities.."

I was slightly touched by what he said. So that means he thinks I have a true personality.

"So, I begged the lady to let you be my mom. She wouldn't allow it at first considering you were so young but I begger her and seeing how much I wanted you as a mom, she let me."

"Why couldn't she be your mom?" I obviously didn't want to be stuck with this kid.. Not to be mean or anything.

"So many questions.." I heard him mumble and complain. I softly chuckled, which I don't do alot. 

"She sees me as family but she couldn't adopt me. She had to stay living in the orphanage. She couldn't leave the kids there. And I wasn't allowed there anymore.. So yeah."

"Why couldn't you find your realy family through the magic book or whatever?"

"Because I'm not listed there. So technically, I don't exist in this world."

"Great.. I have an alien son."

He laughed. "Calm down, after you technically adopted me, I'm listed now. So you have a human son."

I had alot of questions in my head and I wouldn't stop until they were all answered. "But don't I have a say in this?"

He shook his head and gave me a victory smirk. "We arranged something so technically, you have no choice."

"No choice whatsoever?"

"Nope!"

I bit my lip and sighed. "I'm touched that you would want me as a mom, but to be perfectly honest, I don't want a kid. I hate kids.. Well, I like them. But, I don't trust people easily. For all I know, you could be some kid of a person who wants to get my power.." I was being completely honest.

He sighed. "I understand that but please, you have to trust me. Everything I'm telling you is true. And I'm already listed as your son in the family tree book.." 

I sulked. My life.. Just got more complicated.

I hesitated, but I had to give in. I mean, where would he go? Back in the box beside that garbage bin?

"Alright. Fine. I'm in no mood to argue with anything or anyone so I'll just go with it for now. But if I find out that you're actually lying to me, I won't have mercy towards you. I hate liars."

I noticed him biting his lip. "I'm not lying.. So don't worry." I raised my eyebrow. For some reason, I feel like this kid is lying to me.

"Besides, you should be happy right."

I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms. "And why is that."

"Anyone would be lucky to have me as their son!" He smirked and winked at me, pretending to shoot me with a gun.

I flicked his forehead. He pouted and rubbed his forehead. I stuck my tongue out at him. I slowly stood up and started walking away. I heard him following behind and I softly sighed. 

I guess I'm a mom now. Which I am totally against! I can't raise a kid. Every pet I've ever had ended up dying, running away, or being burnt to death. I did not mean to burn them! They were just so damn annoying.. 

I looked at Jongin behind me and saw a big smile on his face. I hope this kid wouldn't be too annoying or I might just burn him to death too..

I turned to looked forward again and I stared off into the distance while walking. I was actually walking as slowly as I could right now because to be honest, I was nervous to reach home.

How the hell am I supposed to explain this to oppas and the devil couple?

________________________________________________________________________________________

I think Jongin's story is kind of bad.. Lol.

Does it make sense? I hope it does.. 

And to be perfectly honest, the kid is suppose to be Kai from Exo but kid version. Woot woot (:

Just imagine Kai as a kid! (: