Feelings from my heart.

When Fire Meets Ice

'Sorry oppas. I got detention again today. Please pick up Jongin from school for me and tell the devil couple to kill themselves for me.' I shut my phone and put it in my pocket.

"Close your eyes." I heard Mr.Kim say.

My eyes were already shut, knowing that they had to be. 

"Alright. 4 hours in the detention room. That should be enough time to feel guilty for ruining the garden and skipping class." 

I felt nothing under my feet for a moment before I stumbled onto ground. I opened my eyes and I saw Kikwang beside me, fixing his clothes.

I sat down at one of the desks while Kikwang sat down beside me.

"Do you really have to sit there?" I mumbled. He nodded smirked. "Yes."

I laid my head on the desk and closed my eyes.

Nothing could be heard in the room. It was extremely silent. I was trying to sleep when I heard someone scratching at his desk.

"Can you stop that? I'm trying to sleep." I groaned.

"I can't take silence..." He mumbled.

I looked at him. "Well too bad. you have to shut up right now, or I'll punch you."

He sulked. "Whatever.." Suddenly, he sat up and he looked at me. "Shouldn't you be worried about your brother? Didn't Yoseob hyung say he would punish you if you were in detention again?"

I shrugged. "They don't really try to do anything about it anymore. After seeing that they couldn't stop me from getting detention, they just waved it off."

He nodded.

Suddenly, awkward silence filled the room again.

"Do you know the legend about ice and fire?" Kikwang suddenly asked.

I looked at me. "Yeah, why?"

"Do you think.. you know, that we would fall in love like them?" I heard hesitation in Kikwangs voice.

I shook my head. "No. That's not possible. We hate each other. Period." I said with no hesitation except something in my heart was telling me otherwise.

"Are you sure?"

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Why are you so persistent in asking that?" Then something clicked in my head and I smirked at Kikwang. "Don't tell me you already fell for me?"

His eyes widened. "W-what? N-n-no!" He stuttered.

I smirked and nodded. "Sure there..." I looked away from him and laid my head on the desk. 

"I just wanted to ask. Because for some reason, I feel this attachment to you." 

I froze. What did he mean?

"You know. Like that feeling that you want to get so close to that person because for some reason, they attract you.."

I looked at him. "What are you trying to say?"

He sighed. "What I'm saying is, Yong Jaehyun, I want to get closer to you."

I scoffed. "Yeah right. Don't talk bull right now Kikwang."

"I'm serious.." I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but sincerity.

I sighed. "We're like cats and dogs Kikwang. We can't get along. That's just how it is. No matter what, that legend won't happen to us." 

I saw him slightly nod then look away from me.

I looked the other way too. 

"You may think that, but I think it's totally possible for us to fall in love.." I heard him whisper.

My heart started beating fast again. What the heck is wrong with me today?

"S-shut up. You're just messing with me. That's all just pure bull." I glared at the back of his head.

He turned to look at me and he gave me a small smile. 

"Everything I'm saying to you. They're all feelings from my heart." He pointed at his chest.

I sighed.

"Beside, it's not hard to fall in love with you. You're.. different." He smiled.

I turned away, feeling my face heat up. It wasn't my magic. Magic didn't work in this stupid room, which . So, why do I feel so warm and why was my heart beating so fast?

"Don't lie Jaehyun. I know somewhere deep down inside, you know that falling in love with me isn't hard either." I could feel Kikwang smirking.

I buried my face in my arms, trying to show him that he should shut up.

"If we do fall in love, I wonder if it would be a good thing, or a bad thing." He kept talking.

I looked at him, glaring. "Just shut up about that." 

He smirked. "Why? Am I making you think it's possible?" 

I shook my head. "Hell no. It will never be possible in my eyes. I hate you, and I always will." I turned away from him.

I heard his desk moving. I turned to look at him and saw his face close to mine, once again. I pushed him away.

"Stop getting so damn close to me!" I shouted.

He chuckled. "Sorry. You're just so cute when you're nervous."

"Who said I was nervous?" I muttered. Though I kind of was now.

"You're beautiful eyes. They're showing me that.." He smiled at me.

I looked at him. My eyes.. They're beautiful? I felt something click in my heart.

I pushed his forehead away. "Shut up. They're not. Don't even try using your flirt talk on me. They don't work." I glared and turned away from him. 

I heard movement behind me. I turned around and saw Kikwangs head resting on his desk, eyes closed.

I quietly sighed. Lee Kikwang, what are you doing to me?

________________________________

Detention was over and I stretched once we walked out of the schools gate.

"I had a good talk Jaehyun. See you tomorrow." He smiled and walked off.

I scoffed, rolled my eyes, then walked away.

On my walk home, I couldn't help but think about everything Kikwang said to me. I really did see nothing but truth in his eyes and his voice sounded sincere. Could everything he had said, been true? Were they really from the heart?

And for some damn weird reason, my heart was kind of agreeing with him. That legend, it couldn't possibly happen to us. Can it?

Before I knew it, I was already in front of the house. I walked in, took my shoes off, and walked towards the living. 

The first thing I saw, was not a pretty sight.

"You ungrateful little devil!" My auntie shouted at Jongin. Jongin was crying really hard.

"What the are you doing?!" I ran over to them and grabbed Jongin away from her.

Jongin held onto my leg, crying even louder. "Umma!"

I glared at my auntie. "What the do you think you're doing with my son?!" I shouted at her.

"Teaching him some manners! He talked back to me! What a little devil!" She yelled back, eyes filled with anger.

"That does not give you the right to yell at him! He's just a kid!" I held onto Jongin a little tighter.

She scoffed. "This is why I have to teach him manners. Because he won't learn any from you!" 

I gawked at her. "I may be rude to you, but I know how to teach my son manners. He's not your son so you have no right to treat him this way!" 

I snapped my finger and she was circled by fire. She looked at me with a glare.

"Yong Jaehyun! Let me out!" She stomped around.

I glared at her. "Next time you hurt my son, I'll do something 10 times worse that just that!"

I held onto Jongins hand and we headed up the stairs and into my room. I squatted down to his level and moved his bangs away from his face.

"Jongin, are you alright?" I gave him a look of concern.

He started calming down. "N-n-neh.." He had a hard time breathing.

I wiped his tears away and patted his back.

"No need to cry. Umma is here.." I kept patting his back to calm him down.

Suddenly, he hugged me. I stumbled back a little but I hugged him back nevertheless.

"I was going to fight back... But I couldn't. The lady was gripping onto my arm so hard that it hurt me and I had no energy to think of anywhere to teleport.."

I hushed him. "It's alright. I'm just happy you're alright and you're not badly hurt anywhere.."

I pulled away from him and he gave me a small smile. "Thank you for helping me umma."

I gave him a genuine smile. "You're my son, I have to help you.." I fixed his hair.

He gave me a big smile. "Saranghaeyo umma!" He hugged me again.

I patted his back and chuckled.

"Nado saranghae." I said with no hesitation whatsoever.

That day I took Jongin home from the park, was the day I vowed to be his mom and love him fully.

It was 12:00am and I was lying in bed with Jongin by my side, hugging my waist with his tiny little arms. I had my arms wrapped around him. 

I thought of what my auntie did to Jongin. I felt myself warm up from the thought but I tried my best to calm down. I looked at Jongin and I softened. The boy had fallen asleep from all the crying he did.

"This isn't a good place for us Jongin.." I whispered, his hair. "Tomorrow, we'll move out and find a better place. Tomorrow, Umma will try to be a better person and give you a better life.." 

I kissed his forehead.

I've only known Jongin for 3 days or so and I was attached to him. It felt like he really was my son. And if I have to change to give him a better life, I will. I won't let him get hurt anymore.

These are all feelings from my heart.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Is Kikwang really just talking bull? I hope he isn't..

Awe.. Poor Jongin. Stupid auntie! I would have killed her on the spot!

(: