Coffee & Tea/ Xiumin

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

The idea is fresh and new, so I hope that you will like it guys 

Enjoy~

His happiness was his customer's happiness. When he saw their smiles while drinking his coffee, he always felt completed.

Customers came in and out almost every minute. They came in with a smile over their faces to have their favorite drinks or favorite desert. Xiumin enjoyed watching them having fun while drinking his coffee that he especially prepared for them.

The first time he decided to open the cafe, he wanted to see the happy face of a tired person after a long day, finally having his cup of coffee with a little break. He enjoyed making everyone happy. He wanted to spread the love that coffee can give. However...

 

The image he had in his mind as people come to enjoy cups of coffee together and happy faces, smiles, seemed to be shattering down like a broken glass.

For the past few weeks, the coffee atmosphere changed. It no longer had the cozy, warm and happy aura that Xiumin made sure they filled the place every single day.

Whenever a couple came in for a date they would fight or break up. Or an employer who came and keep talking angry over the phone, drank the coffee quickly with no enjoyment and then fled out of the cafe. Or a stressful student who would be holding his head tightly because he had an upcoming exam and didn't understand a word, the coffee didn't give him power anymore.

Some people would come tired and sad, as if all the problems wouldn't ever leave them alone and when Xiumin gave them coffee, hoping it would cheer them up and give them strength, he would find that he was wrong. He wouldn't be able to make everyone happy with his coffee only.

The coffee, sweets and tea no longer made them happy which also made Xiumin feel down and sad. Disappointed.

On a Sunday morning, at six o'clock Xiumin as usual went to his coffee shop to prepare the morning coffee, cleaning and order new desserts from the nearest bakery before starting a new day of work at half past seven.

However, he didn't feel excited as before about opening the shop. It would only be another day with a customer hating his life or a broke up couples or a broken heart girl. Whatever he tried to draw a smile over their faces it didn't work.

It no longer was the place Xiumin hoped to make. It wasn't the place Xiumin hoped to make people feel better.

Grabbing his keys to open the shop, the key holder dropped over the ground, making a soft jingle as they made contact with the floor. And a body moved, shifting over the ground, making Xiumin jump in surprise and fell over on his hip making a hard contact with the ground. He groaned as the pain shot in his bones.

A girl was lying over the ground, sprawling near the doorway outside the cafe. Her arm under her head as her legs pulled in near her chest in a fetus position. It was so dark the sun hadn't risen up yet for Xiumin to notice her.

The girl looked weird with her oversized clothes that didn't suit her and wasn't fashionable at all. She was wearing a long flourish skirt that covered her legs and oversized brown sweater. There was dark orange, almost red long scarf wrapping around her shoulder in a way said that the girl was cold.

The sleeping fetus position made her face hidden especially when her short light brown lockets covered it. Xiumin sighed and ran a hand through his hair. The girl looked like a beggar with an old lady clothes that she might have found in the recycling bin. He thought she must have nowhere to go for her sleeping like this in the street.

But why in front of his shop? Because luck always against me he thought, gloomily.

"Hey" Xiumin shrugged the girl's feet with his legs. He was still sitting on the ground, heart beating fast from the shock. He had to get the girl out of there before people wake up and start coming up. "Hey." He shrugged her firmer this time. There was no way he was going to let her sleep in front of his shop. "Get up, right now."

The girl let out a soft sleeping groan, making Xiumin wonder how could someone sleep so comfortably in the street that it was so hard to wake them up.

"Are you not going to wake up?" Xiumin asked, annoyed. "I will call the police." He hoped that this threat would make her wake up and just get away from his shop.

The girl started to move and sat herself in a sitting position. Her hair dropped away from her face as she looked up at him and Xiumin's breath hitched when he held a good look at her face. The girl looked so beautiful, big doe gray eyes and full lips, except for the dirt that smeared her face from sleeping in the street.

"I'm hungry." The girl said and Xiumin thought she had a nice voice, so soft and dazzling, like spring breeze.

"I'm hungry." She repeated, tears filling her eyes. Xiumin looked at her surprised and panicked. He jumped to his feet standing up, not knowing what he should do. Was she that hungry for her to start to cry?

"Here." Xiumin offered his hand to her. "I will give you something to eat."

"Really?" Her eyes brightened as a smile placed over her lips. Xiumin thought he almost saw sparkling in her beautiful eyes. He nodded

Grabbing his hand, he felt a little sting that made him shiver. He never thought her hand would feel so soft. Her hand was so soft to be a beggar or a homeless person's kind of hand.

A cup of latte and two chocolate cupcake.

She finished them in less than two minutes, which made Xiumin's jaw drop to the ground and his eyes widened in disbelief.

He never saw a human eating this fast before. She must have been so hungry. 

"More." She said, the remaining chocolate in her hands. Her smile never left her face the whole time while she was eating and it made his heart skip beats.

Since Xiumin felt bad for her, he let her in his cafe and brought her food thinking that she would leave him once she finished eating.

"More?" Xiumin asked, amazed and the girl nodded

"Yeah, this is the most delicious food I had ever had." The girl said, excited. Her smile reached upward to both of her ears. "The best."

Xiumin smiled, satisfied to see her smile. Suddenly he remembered his aim when he first started doing a cafe shop and he was glad that he made her smile.

Getting her more cake and coffee, the girl kept eating deliciously, swinging her legs in a happy motion.

Xiumin left her eating and started to tidy up the table and chairs, cleaning up the floor and leaving no trace of dust or dirt on the cafe glass walls.

He turned to look at the girl, only not to find her sitting where he left her. She left. She left without even saying thank you. Xiumin rolled his eyes, thinking he was being too kind to her. Too kind that he hadn't received a single thank you. He carried the plate she was eating from and the cup to the kitchen, to get them cleaned.

It was 7 o'clock when Xiumin made sure that everything was ready for a new day.

A new day with a new single smile.

Xiumin found later on, on that day that her smile was way better than a simple thank you.

 

 

~~

 

The next day, Xiumin was surprised to find her standing in front of his cafe in the early morning, with a bright shiny smile over her face. She was wearing the same clothes as the day before. The clothes were way too much bigger than her figure. It was covering her whole, hiding her.  

He should have known it. If you feed a stray dog, it will start to follow you around. For more food.

"I will not give you food if that's why you are here." Xiumin said, making it clear that he wouldn't feed her without paying.

"No, I came to ask you to order me anything. I would be glad to serve you my whole life." She said and Xiumin gave her a weird look as he pushed her away, slightly from the cafe doorway, opening it.

"What are you talking about?" He murmured to himself, feeling tired already.

"You gave me food." The girl said, with such a good energy. "You saved me from dying."

"It's not like you were going to die." He rolled his eyes. "It's fine. Don't mind it, just leave."

"I can't. I want to help you. You are my life savior." She insisted and Xiumin was amazed by how energetic she was. "I will do anything you ask me."

"And I don't need your help. Just go already--"

"No, you need me." The girl said firmly. Xiumin eyes went wide, he didn't know why she was so insisting on doing something. "Please, let me help you.”

He just gave her some food and coffee.

"Fine." Xiumin sighed with a nod. "What's your name?"

"I don't have a name." The girl shrugged as if it was the most normal thing.

"What?"

"We don't get names." She smiled, but that only drove Xiumin to be confused. "We just go without names, we don't need them."

"I understand nothing of what you say." He shook his head, thinking that she wasn't only a beggar but a psycho too. "When I want to call you what should I say?"

The girl looked around her, in confusion. Xiumin wanted to understand what she was doing exactly, she was scanning the cafe ignoring his question completely.

"Hey, if you want to help at least you should tell me--"

"Coco. Call me Coco. Since I like Coconut." She said with a wide smile that brought butterflies to Xiumin's stomach. He still thought that she was kind of pretty despite how messy she looked. "What should I start doing?"

"You can start by cleaning the coffee shop first. Floor, tables and get the chair in their places." He said and walked into the kitchen after she nodded, giving him an okay.

He opened a coffee bag and got some of them to prepare them so it would be quick to use when a customer came in. And the best tea bags were ready too.

Getting out of the kitchen with the things he needs, he expected to find Coco still working on the tables, not finishing them yet. However, he was surprised to find that the cafe was clean and was shining bright as if a large vacuum came and all the dust in one go. He was sure he didn't take that long tie inside of the kitchen.  

His eyes blinked as he couldn't believe his eyes.

"Do you like it?" Xiumin jumped slightly startled to find Coco standing right next to him. He doesn't recall having her there.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered and nodded immediately. "G-g..good j-job"

Coco grinned and made a little happy dance move as she thumbed up at him, before turning around having a look at the coffee machines.

Xiumin sighed a breath he didn't notice to be holding, feeling his heart throbbing against his ribs. He swore to himself that he didn't know she was standing next to him.

He put down the coffee on the table as he started to separate the coffee beans and putting some in groups, when Coco grabbed a chair and sat right opposite to him. Her short lockets tickled her jaw line and covering her ears.

"Teach me." Coco said.

"What?"

"To make coffee and tea with love." Xiumin stopped what he was doing and looked up at her. Coco smiled as she continued. "Love. I feel when I drank your coffee, it was so strong."

"It's not." Xiumin sighed. "It no longer helps my customers anymore."

"What? How come? I never tasted so much from any cup of coffee before."

"Stop talking as if I'm really putting a love flavor in my coffee. It's just a normal coffee."

"NO, it’s not." Coco said, firmly. Her face turning red. "You are working hard. And you want people to be happy by drinking the drinks you prepare yourself. I want to help you."

"You can't."

"No, I can." she said with a confident smile. "Because I have it. Love, happiness and energy."

"Huh?" Xiumin didn't understand what she was talking about anymore.

"Teach me." She said, leaning on the table with her lower arm as support. Xiumin had to gulp hard and back away as her gray doe eyes were so close, so close to him to see how bright her eyes were.

"O-okay... Since you finished cleaning fast"

"Yay." She jumped to her feet and rolled around. She looked like a small child, with her short hair, round face and short legs. Anyone would mistake her as a kid.

And that made Xiumin wonder how old she was.

"Coco." He called, gaining her attention.

"Yeah."

"How old are you?"

"Hmmm... I don't remember. Maybe one hundred or more I lived a lot. I stopped counting my age" She said with a grin.

Xiumin was sure that she was crazy or she was just a child after all.

And her jokes were really kind of bad too.

 

~~

 

 

 

Hard worker.

That's what Xiumin saw in her. She gave him focus of 100% while listening to him talking about kind of coffees and how to prepare them, tasty and refreshing.

The first try making coffee, cappuccino, she caused mess around the kitchen and the white foam was everywhere. She shrieked her shoulder inside, making herself smaller than she already was, scared that Xiumin would snap at her. But he didn't.

He just sighed and grabbed a rag from beside him, which was placed on the counter.

He approached her and started to wipe the milk foam away from her sweater.

"Are you okay? You should have been more careful what if you hurt yourself." He sighed again.

Coco felt her cheeks turning red and her hand reached and touched her chest, near her heart. She didn't understand this unfamiliar feeling she was having.

"Next time you will do better. Don't be scared, try again." Xiumin said, shooting her a small smile that made Coco choke on her saliva. She nodded and turned away from him, starting to work once again.

The second try was better, but she couldn't make the fluffy what foam on the top of the coffee.

The third try was perfect and Xiumin was amazed by how fast learner she was. It took him one hundred cup until he could make a perfect cup of coffee.

Time passed and Xiumin didn't notice it almost was the time to open the cafe until a regular customer came and stood clueless in front of the cafe, wondering if it was open yet or not.

Xiumin ran toward the door as he flickered the banner that said OPEN toward the customer. He opened the door widely and bowed as the customer came into the shop.

"I thought you wouldn't open today." A man in his thirties said. He was a tall and messy hair. Always looked tired and sad.

"I'm sorry, sir." Xiumin apologized as he made sure the customer took his regular seat.

"I will take you order today, sir." Coco appeared from behind Xiumin and half bowed to the tired man. He had a lot of dark circles around his eyes.

"Oh, ah." The man nodded, not caring really who would bring him the order. He didn't even bother to look away from his iPad. He was too busy with work even in the early morning.

Despite that, Coco's smile never left her lips and she was as hyper as ever. "What do you like to have, sir?"  

"The usual." The man said, in annoyed tone and Coco bowed and walked behind the counter.

Xiumin watched her as she started to make coffee. She didn't even ask what his usual drink, which made him confused.

He walked to her and said, "You didn't ask me."

"Ask you what?" She continued on preparing a cup of coffee.

"What's his usual drink?"

"I don't need to ask, I know." She said simply, as if it was a normal thing.

"You know?" He asked, amazed. "How?"

"By his look." She said, turning and looking at Xiumin as she explained. "He's old enough to carry the life worries on his shoulders. He works a lot too."

He gave her a confused look, not understanding what that had to do with his coffee.

"Look at him." Coco said, adjusting Xiumin's body so that he was looking at the man. "He takes his coffee black, without sugar or cream. He drinks more than ten cups during the day, that's why he has sleeping problems that explain the dark circles."

"How did you know he takes it black, without sugar?" Xiumin asked with wide eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter