fear of losing/ Chanyeol, you (Part 2)

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ CLOSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Staring at the phone, he kept turning it in his hands, shutting and opening the screen for million times now.

There was still, no notification every time he opened the screen, hoping to find one. Only one from this particular person.

“Oppa? OPPA.”

Chanyeol snapped from his thought and looked up at the caller. He dropped his phone immediately on the table once he saw how his girlfriend seemed to be annoyed and upset, sitting opposite to him, with her arms crossed over the table. She was leaning forward toward him, looking at him sadly.

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said, straightening his back, rubbing his hand on his jeans. “I won’t open it again, promise.”

“Still didn’t get contact with that friend?” She asked, brushing some loose strands of her hair behind her ears.

“Not yet.” Chanyeol sighed, taking a sip from the coke in front of him.

“What kind of friend is he?” The girl snapped, crossing her legs under the table. “Just forget about him. If he doesn’t want to talk to you then do the same.”

Chanyeol gave her a small smile, pinching her cheeks slightly, which made her pout cutely in response and leaning into his touch. “Thank you for your concern.”

“It hurt me, Oppa, to see you like this.” She said, with a small smile. “Fake friends are a lot and they don’t deserve you as their friend. Don’t they know who are you?”

Chanyeol chuckled, but the chuckle didn’t come out all the way. It stopped as Chanyeol thought that what was between you and him couldn’t just end like this. Your friendship was known as sibling relationship, which made the bond stronger.

“Oppa” Chanyeol’s girlfriend called getting Chanyeol’s attention back to her. She leaned over the table that was between them, making Chanyeol to lean as well. She placed her forehead over his and a hand found his cheek, caressing his soft skin. “You have me.”

“I know.” Chanyeol smiled, pecking her lips. “Thank you.”

She smiled, pecking his lips, “Anytime Oppa”

 

~~

Ten days.

Ten days and you haven’t seen him even once. Completely ignoring all his calls and texts, there was no way to be around him when you felt like that for him. Your heart would ache every time you saw his name over your phone.

Getting out the bed in the early morning. You decided to go out for school since the new semester started a few days ago. Your friends told you that you should come before the school make a serious action about your absence.

You got ready within twenty minutes before picking up your handbag and a couple of textbooks that you would use for today’s lessons. You hopped into a boyfriend jeans and a simple white and black striped shirt. Something that was comfortable and fast to wear.

You wanted to stop at a coffee shop and grab some coffee and having mind meditation before going to school. You were thankful that Chanyeol wasn’t going to the same school as you. You wanted to avoid him as much as you could. You won’t risk seeing him, knowing that he wouldn’t let you go until you tell him everything.

Sister! You thought, feeling the tears building up again at the corner of your eyes. You gulped and cleared your throat, shoving away any thought of him.  Your love for him, you swore to bury them deep and just get yourself away from him until you got over him completely.

You couldn't believe that you even thought he would have felt the same toward you. Somehow it hurt you. Chanyeol had never thought of you as a girl in the first place. You probably was not like his sister. A brother instead.

A younger brother who he would go and play around with when he’s bored. Why did it have to be you who fall in love first?

Maybe being away forever was the best for the both of you.

“Mom, I’m going out.” You yelled as your mother was in the kitchen preparing for the breakfast.

She came out immediately, looking at you with a frown. “Are you crazy?” she snapped. “Have your breakfast first.”

“I’m fine.” You said, shoving your legs in your shoes. “I will grab something on my way.”

“Just it now.” Your mother said tiredly. "Days ago you didn't come out of your room and now you are in a hurry?"

“I have to go, sorry mom” You were already half the way out of the house, you turned and gave her a flow kiss before closing the door behind you.

You took down the stairs as a kind of exercises instead of the elevator since it had been a while you worked out.  

The morning light was teasing the entrance ground as it made a trapezium golden light shape. But along the lightening ray there was a black shadow of someone standing at the entrance door’s frame. Not caring much about whoever would be standing, it must have been a neighbor.

You froze in your place when your eyes met the side of his profile.

He was standing, tall and handsomely. He was wearing half-sleeve light blue shirt and tight jeans that fitted well with his slim legs. He was standing, hands in his pocket and eyes alert, staring at the frame line opposite to him. His feet were tapping nervously over the ground and your heart stuck in your chest when he turned his head and met his eyes.

He straightened his back, facing you as he got his hands out of his pockets. He looked at you firmly. You wanted to turn and run back upstairs, but you had to go to school. There was no other way but to face him.

“What…” you gulped before continuing, taking another step down. “What are you doing here?”

“Waiting for you.” Chanyeol said. He was serious and generously upset. His face showed almost nothing but the fire in his eyes. You couldn’t blame him, you never made it clear why you stayed away all those days, ignoring him.

“I need to go. Get out of the way.”

“No, you are talking to me.” Chanyeol said firmly.

“I have no time for you, Chanyeol.” You snapped. The way he was acting made it hard for you to push him away.

You knew no one better than yourself, than him. How close you were, made it hard to just draft away easily, but you needed to. For this fire in your chest to be put down.

“You always had time for me before. What’d changed?” Chanyeol snapped as well. His eyes showed hurt you never seen before and it broke your heart. “You never ignored any of my calls and texts. Y/N, you are acting strange… as if… as if you….”

“Don’t want to know you again.” You completed it for him. “Yes, Chanyeol. You are right. So stop bothering me.”

You pushed yourself toward the exit, passing him when suddenly a hand grabbed your elbow, stopping you from taking any other steps. You looked up at Chanyeol with a glare, but your eyes softened when you saw how confused and hurt he was.

“What’s wrong? Talk to me.” Chanyeol said. “I don’t understand, why? We have known each other for years, Y/N/”

“I don’t want to be your friend anymore, Chanyeol.” You knew that those words were cutting down the both of your hearts. “I got enough of you. You do what you want. Always annoying me, always fighting with me, always trying to be a big brother.”

You looked at his eyes that was wide open, you gulped the lump at the back of your throat, before you brought yourself to say. “I don’t need a big brother like you, Chanyeol. You are forcing yourself to be someone you would never be. We just got the chance to know each other for so long. But no one of us never hoped for this and we just got to be like this.”

“You are being harsh.” You knew, from the way your voice sounded flat and hard and from how Chanyeol avoided your eyes and his hands loosened his grip over your elbow, that he was right. You sounded the harshest person ever and you hated how you sounded. “You are really too much, Y/N.”

“Well, sorry for that.” You spat before making your way away from him. You got into your car that was parked on the opposite side of the street.

Starting the engine, you looked up and meet Chanyeol’s eyes who was now standing at the entrance, blocking the way. He was standing like a stone, his expression still as hard as ever. You noticed his fist clenched at his side.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter