Chapter 4

Unsolved (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the long session of talking with Kyungsoo, all Baekhyun wanted to do was kill himself. He knew Kyung was kidding because the things he said were unbelievable. Kyungsoo thinks this whole thing involves Chanyeol. Baekhyun didn't think so, he's know Chanyeol for years to know that he wouldn't be involved in this situation. He's not quite sure about Chanyeol anymore. 

Before the tournament even started, Baekhyun has been receiving blackmail. Mainly, threats to his family and to kill his reputation. Baekhyun didn't know how this all started. Everyone knew Baekhyun was a good person, always honest and persistent, but where was he getting all this blackmail from? Baekhyun didn't want to think about it, nor had any idea who could've done it. 

For days, he couldn't focus. He had soccer practice almost every day, but he didn't have the heart to play or even run. As his grades are falling from A's to B's, he felt so done with life. The only reason he kept going on with his life was because of Kyungsoo telling him he could something in life, live his dream. His dream was to become a famous singer and the best soccer player in the world after high school or even college. 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun arrived at school and went straight to his locker, only to find Chanyeol standing there with his face facing the locker door. Weird, Baekhyun thought, because this was the first time he showed up at his locker before he did.

"Hey Chanyeol. What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked patting Chanyeol's back.

Chanyeol turned around and had a nervous expression. Baekhyun wondered why he was at his locker. Or why it was open. Baekhyun immediately looked at Chanyeol when he found out it was open.

"Wait, Chanyeol, why is it open? Did you open it? You know my combination?" Baekhyun asked, shocked. 

"Um, it was already opened when I arrived so I went to check on it. I remembered you locked it yesterday, I was curious as to why it was opened," Chanyeol said, trying to play it cool. He knew Baekhyun would buy his lie anyway. Truth was he was the one that actually opened his best friend's locker in the first place. 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol for a while, stilll shocked. He was trying to comprehend if he was lying or not, but he seemed the be telling the truth. Baekhyun remembered a few days earlier, he caught Chanyeol looking at him when he unlocked his combination. He knew Chanyeol would've memorized his combination by now. Chanyeol has great memorization. 

"Really? Oh my god. Did anyone take my stuff?" Baekhyun asked, panicking as he rummaged through his stuff. He didn't have a lot in his locker, just books, notebooks, love letters, and a folder that carried his personal records. Of course the folder was locked, you had to enter a combination to open it. It was his favorite item in his locker.

He kept looking through his stuff, realizing that his folder was missing. Baekhyun literally had a panic attack. That folder was precious to him because it carried all his secrets, ALL his damn SECRETS. He looked at Chanyeol to see if he had taken it, but Chanyeol had nothing in his arms. 

" My folder. It...it's gone. How did someone just hack into my damn locker like that? My combination was even hard to detect. Chanyeol, it's gone. What am I to do? I bet the person that took it can't even unlock the combination," Baekhyun wanted to die at the very moment because his precious item was gone.

"Baek, calm down. I'll hunt down that person that stole it okay? Don't worry. It'll be back in no time okay?  Trust me," Chanyeol held onto Baekhyun's shoulder and after Baekhyun calmed down, he gave him a bear tight hug. Chanyeol didn't have the heart to tell him that he was the one that hacked into his locker and stole his folder. He just hopes that Baekhyun will never find out. 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you want Chen?"

"I already asked you. I know it's right after Baekhyun's game but you need to chill. Come to the party. You know everyone's gonna come. C'mon Baekhyun even said he'll come too." Chen told Chanyeol right after basketball practice.

"I really would but-" Chanyeol paused when he realized Baekhyun was attending the party

"Wait, Baekhyun's coming? Oh hell no, he's not. You know everyone wants me to come, but I'll probably get drunk again. Remember last time? I got so drunk Baekhyun didn't want me to come home with him and he literally threw a tantrum. I don't want that again," Chanyeol said, taking off his jersey and sweat band. 

"We missed you, man. This is our welcome back Chanyeol party. You love partying as much as playing basketball so please come. Everyone's expecting you to come, so you better show up," Chen just has his ways into making Chanyeol give in. Yes, Chanyeol loved parties as much as basketball, but he just couldn't make up his mind. He didn't really know why he didn't want to attend the party.

Chanyeol sighed, "Chen, the whole reason you're throwing this party so you can get laid. By Xiumin. I don't know but you seem desperate for him."

Chen smacked Chanyeol on the head," Hey, dude. Fine whatever but you could get laid too. We both know you and your boyfriend are both s so this is your chance."

"Ok dude, I'm not dating Baekhyun so stop saying he's my boyfriend. We're just best friends. Get your facts straight," Chanyeol said annoyed, everyone called Baekhyun his boyfriend and vice-versa, but he wasn't really into Baekhyun that way. Of course they do skinship in public, they even held hands at times, always attached to the hips, but Chanyeol only thinks that the way their friendship works. 

"Really now Chanyeol. I mean I saw the way you touched his thigh and whispered in his ear at the game. I could see his face was bright red. He was blushing man. I don't know, it's like the way how Tao reacted when Kris did that. It's cute," Chen closed up his locker and grabbed both their bags. 

"Chen. Please. I always do that to him. It's not like we like each other ok. I really don't have any feelings for him. And vice-versa. End of convo," with that, Chanyeol grabbed his bag and left the locker room.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun looked down at his 85% score written in bright red ink. He knew he should've studied, but he was so caught up with soccer tournaments and practice, he failed to really take the time to study. He takes AP Statistics because he passed all of his Calc classes. He loved Calc but hated Statistics. With all the data, numerical facts, mathematic theories and more bull. He regrets taking that class.

Baekhyun was just done packing his things when Chanyeol barged into his AP class. 

"Baek, tell me you changed your mind!"

Baekhyun knew this was probably about the party. "I won't. I like his parties and so do you."

Chanyeol went around Baekhyun and sat on his seat. "Yeah, but you know Chen's parties are dangerous. Just please change your mind. I don't want you to turn drunk or anything"

"I've only been drunk once okay?"

"Baek-"

"Chanyeol, I'll go if I want, it's my choice really. Not yours. And you shouldn't attend either because you'll turn out drunker than Chen or Jongin." Baekhyun gave him an irritated look

They both stared at each other until both Sehun and Luhan entered the room, they looked away.

"Baekhyun, I came to give you your papers. Thanks for letting me borrow them. And hey Chanyeol," Luhan walked in carrying a packet of paper with Sehun trailing behind him. 

"Hey guys, you're both going to the party, right? It's a big issue that the popular people show up," Sehun asked bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter