Chapter 26

Unsolved (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol had skipped out on the family gathering after the wedding and decided that he wanted some time to himself to think. He had driven himself down all the way to the Han River and took a long walk. Tiffany had wanted to keep him company and offered to come, but he told her that this was something that he needed. He never really had much time to reflect on how everything was with his father in jail and Baekhyun leaving for the states. Baekhyun has always been someone that he never wanted to see leave his side, but he thinks that with Baekhyun leaving it could mean that they both could learn to live without each other. He thought that he just felt mad that Baekhyun didn't tell him about it, but he was mad at himself for how he reacted to the news. He didn't want the boy to leave, but it wasn't his choice. He was already kicking himself for not thinking further about the Byun's actions. He never thought that they would move to the states and leave their company just like that. 

Chanyeol hated himself for what he did to Baekhyun, for accepting to be one to hurt him the most. He had grown up with the smaller boy attached to his hips, he had learned to grow up with him, but he had never learned to say goodbye to someone so precious to him. Never in his life he thought about saying those words to the small boy who he shared his first kiss with. Because he thought that they would always greet each other at the end of the road. He was wrong about Baekhyun. He was wrong about thinking that he would be okay without Baekhyun. 

The truth was that Chanyeol had already fallen in love with Baekhyun when the boy held his hand for the first time in 1st grade. He just never really acknowledged those feelings until only a few days ago when he couldn't let the boy's house burn down. He couldn't let the boy suffer anymore because deep inside, he was dying every time. He couldn't let people see that he could be broken down so easily. 

He sighed as he saw the couple next to him kiss, it was a sweet kiss and Chanyeol thought that could never happen to him and Baekhyun. A sweet kiss with meaning. He had told his father that he thought that Baekhyun was in love with him, but it was just the spur of the moment. Baekhyun could never love him, let alone fall in love with him. He remembered that time when he couldn't kiss the boy back in the classroom when couldn't let himself touch those lips anymore. They should have never been the one for him to kiss. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris had arrived at his place when even before Chanyeol got back home. 

"I'm single again," he said, eyes telling him that it was something he himself had a hard time to believe. 

Chanyeol instantly choked on thin air, fists already clenching on his keys. Kris didn't look like was going to cry and Chanyeol knew that. Chanyeol had watched him and Tao date for years, being lovey-dovey and romantic towards each other, only to let that wash  away in a blink of an eye. Chanyeol was worried for Kris, he had been in love with Tao for years, buying promise rings, and knowing they would end up married after Tao walks down the aisle. 

Kris just shook his head and walked down the porch. "He ended it just tonight.'

Chanyeol grabbed him. "After all you guys have been through? Is he that stupid?"

"We're all stupid Chanyeol! Everyone is going to get hurt one way another. There's nothing we can do about that."

"But he loved you didn't he?"

"Sometimes I used to think that too."

 

 

 

 

They ended up talking all night on the roof, with Kris trying not shed tears about his break up and Chanyeol rethinking about his life and what's going to happen next. He had agreed to accompany his friend for the next few days, understanding how hard it was just going through a breakup. He wondered if he's gonna cry when Baekhyun leaves. 

"He told me that he just wanted to be free, not having anything pull him back from what he wants. Tao's a good guy, he's smart and he just wanted to be himself. I know you and Tao never hung out much but he likes you. He thinks that you're a fool and that Baekhyun deserves better, but he knows that you are a good guy.  You just do stupid things. He had kept me sane and happy all these years and I sometimes think what I am without him."

Chanyeol was listening the whole time, the stars becoming something he couldn't keep his eyes off. "Yeah, I get you."

"You know, you don't meet a Tao or a Baekhyun anywhere else. They only come around once."

Chanyeol chuckled at that. "You're so sentimental, Kris. We should sleep it off and see what comes next. I still have to kill myself later."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day was a Monday, and Baekhyun woke up with a huge headache. He had knocked over his cup of water and it spilled onto his alarm clock. He groaned and covered himself again. He was in no mood to go to school. He had an exam today, but it could wait. He didn't care unless he was still passing with an A in the class. He reached out to grab his phone and saw that Chanyeol had messaged him to stay home, but he ignored it. He threw his phone on the ground and groaned again, turning to his side. He was awake, but with that headache of his, he doesn't think he would be able to get out of bed. He decided to sleep some more until his mother woke him up to drink some medicine. 

He gulped it down slowly and felt his mother pushing the hair out his face. She smiled at him and told him to rest. 

"What time is it?"

"It's noon."

"Really? I slept that long?"

She nodded at him, sitting up and disappearing out the door. He had chosen to sleep some more. 

When he woke up, it was 4. His headache got better so he quickly changed into a new white shirt. He went downstairs and saw that Kyungsoo was sleeping, the TV still playing some movie that he didn't know. He went into the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, chugging it down. He looked around to see his mother, but he figured she went to work already. He made some ramen for him and his friend figuring Kyungsoo would be hungry too. 

He slapped his friend on his thigh, waking him up from his sleep. Kyungsoo had made a sound and Baekhyun smiled, deciding to stop the movie and watch something else, clicking on different channels. 

Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes a bit, sitting up. Baekhyun smiled at him before picking up his bowl of ramen.

"When did you get here?"

"Like at 3. Xiumin and I went buy some Christmas presents at the mall after school and then I just ended up here. Your mom told me you were sick when I got here. She just left to buy some grocery."

"Oh, I thought she was at work."

"So what happened at the wedding?" 

Baekhyun looked down at his fingers for a sec. "Oh I don't even know. I think it turned out well? Donghae didn't seem so put off when Eunhyuk arrived."

Kyungsoo made a face. "Wasn't he Donghae's first love?"

Baekhyun nodded."Want some ramen?" Kyungsoo shook his head. "They disappeared out the door after the wedding was over. I really don't know what could have happened, but it's none of my business."

Kyungsoo leaned back on the couch. "It's just so crazy. With Chanyeol's dad in jail and with you being gone real soon."

"Oh you poor baby. It's not like I'm leaving forever."

Kyungsoo snorted. "How can you say that? What am I supposed to do when you're gone?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe reconcile the relationship you have with Jongin? Just kidding. You have Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, and Suho by your side. Don't worry about me."

"Baekhyun, I know that you had a rough time through all this. You being such a crybaby and cursing Chanyeol until the ends of the earth, but like what happens next? You have less than two weeks here. You and Chanyeol can at least do something and I know that you don't hate him enough to kill him. You know he means well. He saved your house from being burned down and even put his own ing father in jail. He won't be the next CEO because he had no company to take over."

Baekhyun shook his head. "Considering what he did to me? Trust me, he can be a good guy if he wants, but that doesn't mean I will forgive his . Look, I just know that it wasn't his entire fault for hurting me, but it was his choice for going with the plan. I won't ever forget what he made me go through."

"Oh right."

"Besides, it was so stupid putting a tracking chip on my laptop. Like who is stupid enough to put a tracking chip when they could just put the bomb there and boom, we all die. But it's smart too, because my parents could have gotten arrested if we owned the bomb. I almost cried because c'mon, he was the first guy I ever made out with. I don't want him to die in the house. I was a nervous wreck, but he came out like he owns the world and busted his own dad."

"Wow," Kyungsoo retorted.  

"So I was okay with being his date for the damn wedding. I was really happy that he went against his father and I just wanted to kiss him right there, but I couldn't do that. I still feel like he will pull something from his back; we don't really know what's he gonna do next. He could just bail his father out of jail and make a new company."

Kyungsoo just sat there and listened, getting interested in the Baekhyun's words. Baekhyun was always the one to surprise you with what he says. "So what are you saying?"

"I think Chanyeol is planning something."

"Hmmmm. Are you planning on having with him before you leave?"

Baekhyun was a little caught off guard. "Wait what? I just told you that Chanyeol is a crazy man."

Kyungsoo laughed at that. "Um I think you're the crazy one. Besides, you know him best. Of course he has something up his sleeve."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had felt better and attended school the next day, waiting at Taeyeon's locker. He had thought a lot about her and what he wants their relationship to become. He didn't want to put too much into something that's going to end real quick. With him leaving to the states and his relationship with Chanyeol. He didn't want to think about Chanyeol, but he just happens to alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter