Chapter 14

Unsolved (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guyssss! I want to say that this chapter involves a lot of dialogue. And I want to say sorry for not updating and changing the story a bit. It's just that I screwed up, but I hope you guys will still not give up on me and finish this story till the end. Thanks for everything. Enjoy!! <3

 

 

 

 

"You know that Chanyeol has been lying to you all along right?

Baekhyun didn't say anything because what was there to say? He was dumbfounded. 

Dara glanced at her mother chatting to Baekhyun's dad before biting her lips. "Don't get mad at me because I never intended to do this. He made me do this to you. To your family. I am very sorry Baekhyun, but Chanyeol is not who you think he is."

Baekhyun flinched. His heart was beating so fast because what Dara said was the truth. He had never realized this before. Maybe just maybe, Chanyeol was like this all along. He has been friends with Chanyeol for the longest time, why was he not aware of his best friend's bearings?  

"What do you know?" he asked. 

Dara flashed a smile at Baekhyun, motioning him to sit on the couch. Baekhyun hesitated for a while before eventually sitting down. 

"Chanyeol left for 3 months right? Yeah and has he ever told you why? He told me but not you. That's weird."

"Dara, just get to the point please," Baekhyun said, irriatedly. He didn't really want to hear this all from her, he'd rather hear it from Chanyeol.  

Dara put her hands on knees, looking at Baekhyun. "The reason he left was because of you." 

All Baekhyun could say was "That lied to me!" when she dropped the bomb. He couldn't believe that he let Chanyeol lie straight to his face at dinner.

"He just told me that his company wants to destroy your company. You know how your guy's companies are rivals and everything," Dara simply said, checking her done nails which was the color of turquoise and white stripes, Baekhyun noticed. 

Baekhyun couldn't describe the way he felt about this. Only if he knew that Chanyeol's company wanted to wreck his company, he would've done something. The only question was why did Chanyeol want to do it? He thought Chanyeol would never do this to him and it just really made him crazy knowing that Chanyeol is a ing goddamn good actor. Chanyeol was just a two-faced and he was stupid enough to never realize it before. Baekhyun took a deep breath and looked at Dara, trying to comprehend whether he should ask her the next question, though it's pretty self-explanatory. 

"Why did he do this when he knows he's going to fail anyway?"

Dara's eyes perked up to look at Baekhyun, flabbergasted. They both stared at each other until the policemen came into sight. "Everything's clear sir."

Baekhyun's dad nodded at them and then back to Dara's mother. "Thank you miss. Now we'll just be asking your daughter some questions."

 

 

 

 

 

 

-The Night of Homecoming-

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were quiet the whole way to Kyungsoo's house. After they dropped Baekhyun at his house, Jongin decided to keep his mouth shut about this whole situation involving Chanyeol. 

When they got to the front of Kyungsoo's house, Kyungsoo made no move to get out the car so Jongin took a deep breath. 

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo turned to look at his boyfriend who seemed a little tired out with all this. "What's there to be sorry about Jongin? I should be the one to apologize for asking you. I know that you shouldn't tell me because all of this is just some obscure secret between you and Chanyeol. It's my fault really. I shouldn't have asked."

Looking straight ahead, Jongin brushed his brown locks back, slowly leaning back in his chair. And then he turned his head to look at Kyungsoo. "Chanyeol doesn't even know what he's doing anymore. He doesn't know when it comes to Baekhyun. Just think about it Kyungsoo, Chanyeol can be that guy who seems like nothing will ever get in his way, but things are bound to happen. Chanyeol just needs to fix all of this up and we can't do anything about it. He'll be gone for two weeks Kyung, what's gonna happen?"

Kyungsoo shrugged but he already has an idea of what would happen. Considering how smart Baekhyun is, he comes up with the stupidest and craziest plans ever.

Jongin sighed, looking at Kyungsoo. "Baekhyun is his best friend. Baekhyun should already know what's up and in two weeks, he might plan something just to get back at Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo nodded. "Of course." He didn't want to say anything else.

"Chanyeol really loves Baekhyun, Kyungsoo. At least believe that. I know you can say that he seems like he wants to destroy Baekhyun, but he's not. Chanyeol never meant to hurt him. I'm not lying to you Kyungsoo. Baekhyun was the best thing that ever happened to him."

Putting his hands on his lap, Kyungsoo looked into Jongin's eyes. "I don't want to say I don't believe you, because I do. Baekhyun loves Chanyeol, but he's going to get hurt. Why is Chanyeol doing this Jongin? At least tell me why."

Jongin sighed. "Sorry. It's not something I can tell you, Kyungsoo."

"Okay, whatever," Kyungsoo uttered, looking away. "It just doesn't make sense to me. Leaving for 3 months and coming back to do this to Baekhyun? Really? Blackmailing the out him and lying to his face? What kind of best friend would do that Jongin? Is Chanyeol really that stupid?"

Jongin bit his lips. "I admit Chanyeol's stupid. He really is. He's stupid for doing this. I'm sorry."

Kyungsoo leaned his head back on his seat, trying to tie this all together. It still doesn't make sense. If Chanyeol really didn't want to hurt Baekhyun then what made him change his mind? If Chanyeol had really loved Baekhyun, why would he want to hurt the person he loved most? Is Chanyeol just doing this because he was dared to do it? Kyungsoo had really no idea. Jongin wouldn't tell him anything and it's killing him.

They were silent for awhile until Jongin started to fidget, which meant Jongin has some bad news. Jongin didn't look at Kyungsoo, instead he stared at his hands.

Jongin took a deep sigh. "Kyungsoo, let's break up."

And in that moment, Kyungsoo really had no words. Of course he liked Jongin, maybe a little too much than he thought. He didn't even feel like he was heartbroken because he just got DUMPED. He didn't even want to know why he got dumped. Some things are better off not knowing.

"Okay." Kyungsoo eventually smiled at Jongin and thanked him for the ride home.

 

 

 

 

"I hate him!" 

Words spilled out of Baekhyun's mouth as he thought of Chanyeol. He never knew he had so much hatred towards Chanyeol before.

"Baekhyun, please stop walking around, you're making me dizzy," Kyungsoo said, fingers on his temple. Baekhyun had suddenly showed up at his house and recited to him everything Dara said. But there are still so many things they don't have the answers to.

"I really can't believe him. He lied straight to my face and I just really want to kick his right now. I can't believe it! Why did he do this? If he just wants to ruin me he can just kill me instead. I really don't know what to do with this. I've been living with him all my life and this is how he repays me? By sabotaging my company and blackmailing me. He really has some goddamn guts and I just really hate him. That two-faced ing , I really have-"

Kyungsoo jumped off the couch and grabbed Baekhyun's shoulders. "Baekhyun. Please calm down, please. I get that you're flustered and upset, but just try to calm down."

Baekhyun just shrugged him off. "Kyungsoo, I really hate this. My best friend is a monster. I thought he loved me. What did I ever do wrong? Why did he do this to me?"

Kyungsoo looked down, not sure what to say. He hates seeing Baekhyun like this.

Baekhyun scrunched his nose and sat down. "I should've known. I mean, he wasn't the same. He wasn't the Chanyeol I grew up with. He... he's not who I thought he was. When I first laid my eyes on Chanyeol the first day he came back, I should've gone with my guts. I shouldn't have listened to him. He always made me feel vulnerable and stupid. He was always the bossy one in our relationship, he was so controlling, he brainwashed me. This just made me realize how ed our relationship is."

Kyungsoo sat down next to his friend, patting his back. "You are the best thing that ever happened to him, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo, red-eyed and Kyungsoo had feeling Baekhyun would start crying soon.

"That's what he said. His words haunt the out of me. If I was the best thing in his life, why did he hurt me like this?"

"I'm sorry. Trust me Baekhyun, you'll get through this."

Baekhyun frowned. "It's hard." And then he punched the pillow on the couch. "I really hate him Kyungsoo. I really do. And I can't go back home because he's everywhere."

Kyungsoo nodded, knowing that Baekhyun was talking about the pictures of him and Chanyeol in his house. Baekhyun took a deep breath before laying down. 

"You said the reason he left was because of you right?" Kyungsoo asked and Baekhyun immediately nodded. "What did you do that caused him to suddenly disappear for 3 months? 3 months was a long time Baek."

Baekhyun shook his head. "I don't know. The only thing Dara actually mentioned was about the companies rivals. They want to destroy our company because we were always more successful than they were."

Kyungsoo bit his lips. "This still doesn't make sense."

Baekhyun suddenly jumped up. "I think I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter