Chapter 18

Unsolved (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the real chapter 18, not the one I accidentally updated. That was my draft. I am sorry!!! But enjoy<3333

 

 

 

"No kidding."

"How am suppose to cope up with this?"

Kris looked at Chanyeol for a second before shrugging, once again. "I really don't know. Just be his boyfriend, there's nothing wrong with that right?"

Chanyeol arched his eyebrows. "There's everything wrong with that. Don't you get it Kris?"

"Chanyeol, the girls are looking. It's better to stop talking now." Kris gave him a look that made him shut up.

Girls were just watching Chanyeol and Kris, whispering to each other about who knows what; Chanyeol felt like puking.

"Oppa, we made something for you."

Chanyeol knew it was meant for him, but he didn't care. "Give it to Kris." And then he walked off to the gym, leaving Kris to deal with the girls giving him Chanbaek and Baekyeol posters.

 

Once he arrived there, he spotted most, but not all the basketball players. Chen, Zelo, Daehyun, and more.

"Hey guys," Chanyeol waved, patting Chen's back, who was the closest to him.

Everyone either waved at him or nodded, except Chen, who gave him a slight smile before rubbing his neck.

"Hey Chanyeol..."

"Hey Chen," Chanyeol said through clenched teeth. Then there was an awkward silence between them, Chen standing sheepishly while Chanyeol crossed his arms. And then Chanyeol dropped the bomb. 

"I know you spreaded those pictures."

Chen smiled. He just smiled and that made Chanyeol want to smack it off his face. But then Chen raised his arms up, dropping the basketball he was holding. "Baekhyun made me do it."

Chanyeol made a face. "Are you sure? I mean-"

"Yes I'm sure Chanyeol."

"No you're not."

Chen just shrugged, going back to pick up his basketball. "You know what Chanyeol. I won't be totally honest with you because what really goes between you guys isn't mine or anyone's problem. I was stupid enough to help him out anyways."

"I can't believe you digged into my phone Chen. I wouldn't do that to you and besides, what's mine shouldn't be spreaded around by you. I don't get it. Why would you guys want those pictures spreaded anyways?"

Chen threw the basketball at Chanyeol, hard. Chanyeol either missed it or he didn't. "Isn't obvious?"

He caught it.

"No Chen, please explain further." Chanyeol tossed the ball back.

"It made you guys official. I knew you guys had a thing going on but you'll never admit anything and Baekhyun's just as bad. You guys making out on the bed just shows us something." Chen threw the ball back.

"We don't have a thing," Chanyeol said, but then he shallowed, brushing his hair back. "Fine, you know what, I admit everything. We did things, but that doesn't say ANYTHING so you can't make things up and say we're a couple when we're not. The feelings are mutual." Chanyeol spun the ball before throwing it back.

Chen rolled his eyes. "I love you Chanyeol, I really do, but I don't get this. I don't get you guys. There's something you need make clear, why do you kiss him when there's so many others out there? Stop kissing him!"

Chanyeol almost missed the ball Chen threw, almost. "How was practice?" He decided to take another turn of a conversation because talking about Baekhyun didn't quite make him as happy as it could've.

Chen sighed, dribbling the ball. "How did you think it went Chanyeol? It was stupid of you to leave in the middle of the semester like that. Where were you when we needed you? And Kris wasn't even with us half the time because he was too busy ditching or whatever the he was doing." Chen stopped dribbling and looked up at Chanyeol. He was slightly shorter than the guy, but it really didn't bother him.

"We lost our match against Infinite High and we've never lost to them before. Ever. It was the most devastating thing ever and Chanyeol, you're our team captain; you're supposed be there with us when we need you. Do you know why we chose you as a team captain? Do you?" Chen looked straight into Chanyeol's eyes and Chanyeol didn't even try to look away.

"We chose you not because you're the best, not because you have best free shots or throws, not because you can do 50 lays up in a row and not miss a single one, but because we trusted you more than we could ever trust anyone else on the team. You're our team captain because you know what's going on and we trusted you to make something out us, out all of us, out of our team."

As those words hit Chanyeol, he couldn't do anything but feel like a failure. He wasn't there for his team at their roughest time, he wasn't able to help them out. Chen was right. Chen was always right. Chanyeol wasn't being who he was supposed to be all all along. The captain, the leader of something he didn't think he was even responsible for in the first place. He was the captain of his team for four years; he felt like he could handle such a big responsibility when in reality, being the captain was the hardest thing ever.

"Yeah Chanyeol. Please don't leave us like that ever again," Zelo said walking up and facing the captain.

"Same here." Chanyeol felt a pat on the back by Yongguk, then the rest of team came up to him and patted his back. "We know you might have a lot going on, but you have to understand that we're here too. We've always been here."

Chanyeol bitterly smiled at everyone and then they had a team hug. "I'm sorry guys." He looked at everyone and sighed, realizing how much he really missed them. "I wasn't there for you guys. I really am sorry. You guys have been my team for years; I'm sorry I wasn't able to be a leader for you guys. You chosed me for a reason and I'm supposed to fulfill that reason. I- I'm just really sorry."

Chen nodded, slightly smiling. "Hey, we're all a team and everyone makes mistakes. We forgive you Chanyeol, but from now on, let's be a real team with a captain who knows what he's doing."

"Totally." Then they all high fived.

"And thanks for leading the team when I wasn't here. It really means a lot," Chanyeol said, believing that Chen deserved it after all he's been through.

Chen shot him a smile. "Jeez, thanks Captain."

Everyone chatted for awhile until the bell rang. They bid each other goodbyes and then headed off to homeroom. Chanyeol walked into his classroom and the first person he spotted was Jongin, who gave him a handshake and a bright smile.

"Sup bro."

"Sup."

"Be right back." Chanyeol watched Jongin get up from his seat and give Kyungsoo a small packet before sitting down and of course Chanyeol noticed the slight blush and the boy sitting next to Kyungsoo, but none of it really bothered him. Except for why Jongin handed the packet to Kyungsoo.

"Are you guys alright now?"

Jongin looked up, a little taken aback. "What?"

"You and Kyungsoo." He nudged at the direction of Kyungsoo. Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo and shrugged.

"I just borrowed his homework. That's it really."

"Does he know about the bet?"

Jongin quirked his lips. "No. Not unless someone tells him and I'd rather he not know. He can be really sensitive."

A few minutes later, the door opened and Mr. Choi walked in. Chanyeol really didn't care what happened next, so he leaned back, placing his legs on top of his desk with Jongin initiating the exact same thing.

"Hi Mrs. Choi."

"Hello to you Mr. Choi."

Everyone snickered at the cute couple in front of them because everyone knew they're married.

"I just came here to give you the fliers for winter formal." He winked at her and she smiled. Everyone gagged and made sounds.

"Oh yes, the fliers thank you." She took the fliers from her husband and turned to her class. "These are the winter formal fliers. Can Baekhyun and Kyungsoo come up and talk about the dance." It was more of a demand than a question.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stood in front of the classroom while Mr. and Mrs. Choi watched them. Baekhyun grabbed the fliers and gave some to Kyungsoo before turning to the class.

"Hi guys," he smiled at everyone and avoided looking at Chanyeol. "The winter formal is something that happens every year, but this year, we changed a few things. The dance is now called Winterwonderland. The presale ticket is only $5, but at the door, it's $10."

"The dance will be on the 19th, on Friday just before winter break. I hope you guys will all come and have fun," Kyungsoo said, already passing the fliers out.

As they finished talking and started to pass the fliers, everyone started chattering about it before Mrs. Choi had to shush them.

"Guys, it's getting loud."

Mr. Choi smiled at the noisy class before leaving. He gave his wife a quick peck and left.

"Are you going?" Chanyeol asked, looking at Jongin.

Shrugging, Jongin said, "Probably not. Are you?"

"Same." And then they didn't talk much after that and Chanyeol felt like the were drifting away from each other, he didn't know why.

 

 

 

 

The day went by quick, Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn't really share a word all day or even at all. When it was lunch time, Chanyeol decided to play basketball in the gym and Baekhyun hung out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter