Chapter 20

Unsolved (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You see? I knew it was Parks all along. Why are you even still friends with Chanyeol?" His dad had almost exploded when Baekhyun told him about Chanyeol.

"Wait, you knew?"

His dad nodded, pinching his wrinkled nose. "I mean it was pretty obvious, right? Who else would blackmail us? Besides, the letters written had information about you. Who knows you better than Chanyeol?"

Good question, Baekhyun said in his mind. Who knew him better than Chanyeol? He should've known. He should've known it was Chanyeol. Back then, he didn't know Chanyeol was a ing backstabber. He should know Chanyeol better than anyone, except he doesn't ing know anymore. The whole blackmailing thing just totally blew him off.

"You're right Dad. Chanyeol practically knows all of me. It's kinda scary." Baekhyun bit his lips.

His dad sighed, running fingers through his hair. Baekhyun noticed the way his dad's face seemed to wrinkle even more when he stared at him for awhile. "Baekhyun, you know the Parks and us used to be friends, but all that changed. I really need you break up any friendship you have with Chanyeol."

Baekhyun scrunched up his nose, showing dislike. "Dad, you know that Chanyeol's a liar and I'm totally fine with doing that. He's a two-faced backstabber anyways."

His mom was in the living room, watching a movie as they talked. He wished his mother would join the conversation. She always knew exactly what to say.

"I really hate him. I don't get why he even wants to win. There's nothing to win except money." His father seemed really stressed out, but Baekhyun couldn't really do anything to help him. What his father said was true. Money was everything to the Parks.

"The just wants revenge on you, Mike. He's doing what he thinks is right," his mother shouted from the living room.

"Revenge my . Just because things happened between us a long time ago, doesn't mean he can do all this to us."

After a few seconds, Baekhyun saw his mother leaning on the edge of the wall that's the entrance into the living. "Well, what can we do now?"

His father didn't reply. Baekhyun felt a little uneasy when his father was silent. He always had so many things in mind. His dad glanced at him for a miller second before looking at his wife. "We have to move. We can always establish a new company elsewhere. We can do that."

Oh wait what?! Move? Oh nonononono. Baekhyun just couldn't seem to hold his emotions together. He was never a big overreacter, but he knew he didn't want to move. Everything they had was here. All their friends and practically their whole life. Moving would be crisis. "Wait, we can't move. Everything we have is here." Korea is his home. The thought of moving just then made him really upset. "Please dad, I don't want to move. We can think of something else."

Both of his parents looked at him without sympathy. His mother bit her lips. "Baek, we can always start a new home. We talked about moving before. You know we can always do so much more. But we are moving. We have to get out of this place. I really can't stand this place any longer."

"Mom! You are not serious? But everything I have is here. I spent all of my life here. It would be like leaving a part of me."

"Honey, we aren't moving right away. We still have time. We'll do the things we need to do before we leave. It'll be okay."

No it won't. It just won't. It wasn't okay.

 

 

 

 

Waking up with a freaking headache is one of the worst feelings ever. Chanyeol wished he wouldn't have woken up so early. He glanced at the time on his alarm clock on his side table: it was 5:45. He rubbed his eyes and laid back down, but gave up when he couldn't fall asleep. He glanced at the poster Baekhyun bought for him for his 16th birthday; it was a poster of them during their years together. He looked away to his LeBron James poster and then back to the other picture. He wasn't lying when he said Baekhyun was his everything because he was. Baekhyun was someone Chanyeol didn't want to lose, but now, he didn't know anymore. He didn't care anymore. He didn't regret what he did though. He wished Baekhyun would just understand.

He stumbled up and went to the bathroom to wash up. Once he was done, he the lights and rummaged through his papers and stuff on his table. Getting frustrated when he couldn't find what he was looking for, he grabbed his backpack and opened his binder. It wasn't there either and he had a feeling Baekhyun took it. He was so sure he left the paper on the table.

Sighing, he went back to bed. He wondered why Baekhyun would even take it since he already knew everything. He closed his eyes. He didn't really need it anyways. If he was being honest, he felt as if he couldn't give a about Baekhyun anymore. Baekhyun knew everything now so what's there to do now? Baekhyun knows the truth and there's nothing to do about it.

He looked up the ceiling, breathing very slowly while remembering all the bad things he did to Baekhyun. This fairly tops everything. He just knew that Baekhyun would never forget about this. "I'm driving myself crazy," he muttered to himself before opening his bedroom door and walking downstairs.

Once he got downstairs, he prepared himself breakfast. He opened the cabinet and got out pancake mix and started to cook it. When he was done, he heard footsteps coming down the stairs and immediately thought it was his dad. He quickly poured some apple juice for himself and drank it.

"Chanyeol?" his mom called out before stepping into the kitchen. "What are you doing up so early?"

Chanyeol looked at his mother, who was wearing pink pj's and her hair was recently redyed to a darker blonde. Chanyeol shrugged at her, putting his cup down. "I couldn't sleep."

"Alright, so Baekhyun was here?" she asked, scrolling around the table before sitting down.

"Yeah." Chanyeol on his bottom lip, deciding if he should tell her about everything else. After not hearing her reply, he told her. "Baekhyun knows."

"It doesn't matter Chanyeol."

"I guess not." Chanyeol brushed his hair back and leaned on the counter. "I'm not sure how he feels about it."

His mother shrugged, staring up at him."Do you even care?"

He smiled. His mom knows him so well. "Nah." He's not heartless. He's just indifferent. Somewhat.

"Anyway Chanyeol, his mom called me last night. She told me to that she never wanted any of this. I do feel sorry her. I really do. We were really close a long time ago. I miss her though. She said she wants you to stay away from Baekhyun. Can you do that? I know you guys are very close, but I just-" she shook her head, slightly pushing her hair back. "I'm sorry Chanyeol. I didn't want it to end this way."

"You mean Baekhyun and me?" Chanyeol stared at his pancake. He didn't want to eat it but at the same time he wanted to shove it all in his mouth. So he did.

His mother nodded, cheeks puffed out.

Chanyeol swallowed his pancake and drank his juice while thinking of what to say. When he was done, he said, "Mom. Baekhyun and I are falling apart bits by bits," he pulled out a chair to sit. "This whole thing is making us fall apart. He cried when he found out I blackmailed him because Donghae couldn't keep his mouth shut. So yeah, it just had to end this way."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't even know why you're sorry mom."

They both stared at each other for awhile until his mother looked away. Chanyeol knew that his mother wasn't very involved with all that was going on, but she knew what was happening. She liked Baekhyun a lot because Baekhyun was sweet. Maybe she was upset about Baekhyun becoming someone who she used to know. Or at least someone who used to be Chanyeol's childhood best friend.

"I have a question Chanyeol. Have you and Baekhyun ever um-" She paused, thinking of the right words to say. "You know..."

Chanyeol stared at his mother, knowing what she meant. She really shipped them together, but she doesn't know what's really going between them. "If you mean had , then no."

His mother sighed, rubbing her cheeks slightly. "You guys should totally get together."

Chanyeol was about to reply but his phone rang in his pocket. He reluctantly took it out. He read the caller's name and it was Kris. He looked up at his mom, indicating that their talk was done. "I'm going upstairs mom," he said and then walked upstairs, pressing the accept button.

"Hey Kris."

"Dude Chanyeol, Tao's not coming back until January."

"Why not?" Chanyeol wasn't very interested in his friend's relationship with Tao.

"He's filming a martial arts movie. In Hong Kong. I didn't tell you?"

Chanyeol rubbed his head, trying to remember if Kris had told him but nothing came. "I don't think so. How did he even get the part?"

"His uncle is like a producer for movies. The one you saw at the airport? Yeah. He might get famous someday."

"Yeah totally."

"By the way, meet me up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter