Chapter 12

Unsolved (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Donghae said those words, it was as if time stopped, especially for Baekhyun. No one in the room moved and Baekhyun could feel his heartbeat pump faster than ever. His body felt frozen, he couldn't move or look at anyone. Without realizing it, he clenched his fists.

Chanyeol wanted to kill Donghae instantiously. Everything he did, trying to keep things from never happening. He was wrong. He thought he could have everything his way, he thought Baekhyun would never know. But only to have everything ruined by his own brother. He noticed how Baekhyun wasn't saying anything and slowly turned to face him. He totally regretted it. He could see Baekhyun clenching his fists and looking straight ahead.

"Donghae, get out," Chanyeol said and Donghae nodded, immediately leaving the living room, wanting nothing to do with whatever was gonna happen.

Slowly, Chanyeol turned and fully looked at his best friend. "Baek."

Baekhyun took a few seconds to look up at Chanyeol. "What did he just say?"

Chanyeol bit his lips. "Donghae didn't mean it. Please just forget what he said."

Baekhyun just stared up at Chanyeol, getting up. "No."

Chanyeol sighed. "Baek. I would never blackmail you and you know it."

Baekhyun just kept staring at Chanyeol for a few seconds before shaking his head, taking a step back. "Do I Chanyeol? Do I? I don't know . I don't even know if you're lying to me or not. I'm tired of this Chanyeol so please be honest with me."

Chanyeol bit his lips as he looked down at his small friend, stepping closer. "I am being honest."

Baekhyun kept taking steps back and which made Chanyeol befuddled. "No..."

Chanyeol came to realization of what was happening and before Baekhyun could even have a chance to escape, Chanyeol grabbed his arm.

"Baek."

Baekhyun immediately pulled away. "Please don't touch me."

Chanyeol sighed as he blocked Baekhyun from the door. "Baekhyun, just listen to me. Donghae has problems. He doesn't know what he's saying. And trust me Baek, what I am saying is the truth. You're my best friend, you mean a lot to me and I don't ever want to hurt you. I would never blackmail my best friend and you know me, you know that I will never do that."

"You're lying," Baekhyun said pushing Chanyeol away, harshly and covering his ears. "Stop lying Chanyeol! I don't want to hear this!"

Chanyeol quickly recovered from the push and was hurt that Baekhyun actually pushed him. "Baek, I'm not lying. And what's even the reason to blackmail you? I have nothing against you."

"Please don't lie Chanyeol. Please don't lie.." Baekhyun was on the verge of tears and that made Chanyeol panic. 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun. "Baekhyun..."

Baekhyun shook his head dramatically. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol one last time before slipping out the door. 

 

Breathing hard as tears dripped, Baekhyun ran. As fast as he could. Baekhyun felt torned, he felt broken. He had never felt this way in whole life before and he wanted badly to forget everything. Wiping away his tears, he dropped to the ground and just cried.

Everything was too good to be true. Baekhyun learned to never trust that one person in his life. That person who he grew up with and shared memories with. He never knew their friendship could end up this way. Now that he thought of it, Chanyeol was never a good friend. At least not anymore. He was so wrong, Chanyeol wasn't that honest, trustworthy, and sweet friend he once had. Chanyeol changed, or maybe that's what he thought.

Baekhyun stood and fixed himself. Emotions weren't one his strengths. It was Chanyeol's.

He looked back Chanyeol's house before sprinting all the way home.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stayed frozen for a while, not comprehending what just happened. He ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath. He had no idea what to do. He slammed the nearest wall and cursed to himself.

"Arghhhh!"

Chanyeol sat down and he could hear footsteps coming from the stairs.

"What happened?"

Chanyeol stood up walked up to his brother. "He's gone."

Donghae bit his lips. "Sorry."

Chanyeol shook his head and walked away, acting like he didn't care, but Donghae knew Chanyeol was a mess inside.

"What are you going to do?" Donghae asked.

"He's probably having a mental breakdown right now. I hope he's fine."

Donghae scoffed. "He's not fine. You have to do something about this."

Chanyeol gave his brother an annoyed look. "I wouldn't have to if you didn't ruin everything. I have to make it up to him."

"After Japan."

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. "After Japan?"

Donghae nodded as he leaned on the counter. "You're leaving to Japan and it'll give you and Baekhyun some time to think things over. But when you come back, plan something for him."

Chanyeol shook his head. "Donghae, this is Baekhyun we're talking about. He's not someone who can forgive and forget easily."

"Then chase after him."

Chanyeol laughed. "Stupidest idea ever. I don't need to chase after him."

 "Maybe or not. Either way, you can't lose him. He's apart of you."

Chanyeol slammed the wall which made Donghae give him a funny look. 

"What are you talking about? He's not ing apart of me. He may be my best friend, but he's not apart of me." 

Donhae shook his head. "I mean, you guys grew up together."

"So?"

Donghae smacked his brother. "You guys need each other and I don't get how you seem all fine with this."

Chanyeol just shook his head. "What should I do now?"

Donghae laughed. "Tomorrow's homecoming. Think of something and by the way, I'm really sorry. Dad's gonna kill me so I'm gonna leave now."

Chanyeol leaned on the wall as he watched Donghae grab his stuff. Donghae is totally gonna die.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo popped up at Baekhyun's house the next day. To which Baekhyun didn't feel too happy about the visit.

"Why are you so gloomy?"

"I feel like Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo nodded as he closed the door. "What happened?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "Let's just say that someone I know had just screwed me up."

Kyungsoo's eyes grew wider than it already was. "You guys did it?"

Baekhyun made a confused face at Kyungsoo before sitting on the couch. Kyungsoo laughed.

"You had with Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun made a funny face and at the same time, felt like punching Kyungsoo. "No Kyungsoo. That's so irrelevant and ewww."

"Okay then. Anyway you know Luhan dumped Sehun? Sehun was pretty pissed about it."

"He was pissed? Now that I didn't know."

Kyungsoo nodded. "Yeah. So what happened?"

Baekhyun sighed and leaned back on the couch, crossing his arms."I'm not even sure. But I think I'm done with Chanyeol now."

"Baek-"

Baekhyun cut him off. "He's been a two-faced jerk this whole time. I had a feeling there was something wrong with him."

Kyungsoo was still confused. "So he was blackmailing you?"

Baekhyun nodded and looked up at Kyungsoo, who was struggling too about the information.

"How did you find out?"

"Donghae spilled the beans."

Kyungsoo made an O with his mouth and that caused Baekhyun to abruptly stand up.

"Ok, let's not talk about this anymore," Baekhyun said, walking away.

"Wait, so what did Chan-"

"Don't say his name!" Baekhyun shouted, covering his ears.

"Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo watched Baekhyun disappear upstairs and was gonna follow him until the bell rang.

"Get the door!" Baekhyun yelled from upstairs. Kyungsoo slowly got off the couch and approached the door. He looked through the peek hole and hesitated. He looked up at the stairs before opening the door.

"Hi Sehun!" Sehun just barged inside and looked around.

"Where's Luhan? I've been trying to contact him all day."

Kyungsoo shrugged. "I don't know. So why did he break up with you?"

Sehun sighed. "I don't know. So he's not here?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "No. Want me to call him?"

Sehun nodded.

Kyungsoo grabbed his phone from his back pocket and slowly dialed Luhan's number, instead of pressing call log.

"Kyungsoo, who's here-"

Baekhyun and Sehun locked eyes and even Kyungsoo could feel the tension.

"Sehun's looking for Luhan," Kyungsoo said.

Baekhyun nodded slowly. "Oh. Well he's not here."

Kyungsoo made a face and walked into the kitchen, letting the two guys endure the awkwardness. After the first attempt on calling Luhan didn't work, he tried again and again.

The uneasy feeling settled in his stomach after knowing that Luhan wouldn't pick up. He quickly shot the two guys a glance before opening up his messages. He texted Luhan about his whereabouts before walking back to the living room.

"S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter