Mianhae, but I already got over you

My No.1 Stalker

~HWARA’S POV~

 

“He does,” appa said.

“He doesn’t,” I argued.

“He does.”

“He doesn’t.”

“He does.”

“Yah!” I exclaimed. “I said he doesn’t, araso? So stop insisting he does like me. That’s really, really impossible.”

He shook his head. “Aniyo. Look, Hwara. You’re beautiful, smart, brave. Do you think it’s really impossible for him to like you? Remember, almost all of your male classmates courted you. Isn’t that enough for you to believe me?”

I sighed. “Appa, let’s stop this. It really doesn’t matter if he likes me or not. I really don’t care. So please, let’s just work,” then I wiped the tables. We’re about to open in 10 minutes. I stopped. Aish! He’s still not here.

“Is there a problem?” Taeyeon asked.

“Where’s that Kim Heechul?”

“Yah! Call him Mr. Kim.”

“Tch. Who cares? Where’s he?”

“And now you’re looking for him?” appa said.

“He said he’s going to help us. But he’s still not here. He’s already late now.”

“Is that really the reason?” Taeyeon asked.

I looked at her. “What?”

She shrugged. “Nothing.”

Then he came. “Annyeong haseyo,” Heechul said.

“You’re late,” I blurted out.

“Mianhae. I just talked to someone important that’s why-”

I interrupted him. “I don’t need your explanation. Just do your part now. We’re opening in 10 minutes. Work now. Palli!” then I went inside the kitchen.

4pm. I went outside the restaurant, sat on a beach and picked up my phone. Oh. I forgot to change my wallpaper. But honestly, I can’t change it. Wae? Because it’s the best picture of me and Donghae. I sighed. Why do I have this feeling that I can’t move on? Aniyo. I should or else, I’ll live my life full of misery.

“You miss him?”

I looked up and saw Heechul. “Yah! Who told you to leave-”

“I’m asking you so answer me.”

“Why do you want to know? Does it matter?”

“Ne.”

It shocked me. “What?”

“I’ll admit, sometimes I act like your stalker. And now, I know why I’m doing these things just to be closer to you. Now, I know why I chose to work here just to see you,” then his expression turned serious. “This will be the first and last time I’m saying this to a girl… I like you.”

I blinked several times. Is this for real? “W-What?”

He sighed. “Mianhae. But I’m not going to repeat those words.”

So, they’re right. They’re both right. I can’t believe it. “Yah. I’m not the kind of girl who is rich, beautiful and y, like the one’s you’ve dated before. I’m very different from them, you know.”

“And I guess that made me like you.”

I can see his seriousness. Ugh. This is the first time I saw him this serious. “But oppa… Mianhae.”

“Yah! I’m not yet asking you to be my girlfriend, so don’t apologize to me. Don’t dump me this early, araso?”

Is it really possible for a prince to like a pauper? For Mr. Perfect to like Ms. Nobody? “Araso.”

He sighed. “It’s really hard for me to confess to a girl,” then he smiled. “But even if this is my first time, it’s not that bad. Maybe because of this, I’ll be able to express myself more. Gomawo.”

“You shouldn’t thank me. I didn’t do anything.”

“Just be glad that a Kim Heechul thanked you.”

I smiled. He’s still the same. “Tch. Araso.”

When I first met Heechul, I found him weird. He’s doing things that annoy me. Now, I think he’s not a bad guy. Maybe the date’s a good idea for me to know him better.

10pm. Taeyeon and Heechul already left. Appa and I were cleaning the restaurant when someone came. We both looked at the door and saw Donghae.

“We’re already closed,” appa said.

“I want to talk to Hwara,” Donghae said.

Appa looked at me. “He wants to talk to you,” he said, as if I didn’t hear what Donghae said.

I sighed. Taeyeon’s right. Maybe I should give him a chance to speak. Nothing’s wrong with that, right? “Appa, is it okay if I’ll leave just for a while?”

“Ne. Take your time. I’ll just wait for you at the house.”

“Araso,” then I went outside.

Donghae and I went to the park near the restaurant. There’s a short moment of silence, or should I say awkwardness. I sighed. It’s getting late. We should start our conversation now.

“What do you want to say?” I asked.

“How are you?” Donghae asked.

“I’m fine. You?”

“I’m also fine,” then he sighed. “It’s been more than two weeks since we broke up… And still, saranghae.”

I looked down. I also love him. “So did you get your position?” I changed the topic.

“Ne. Appa gave me the company last week. It’s not that easy to take over the company. That’s why I’m thinking of giving it back to appa and just start with my own business.”

I looked at him. “Yah. Don’t do that. You broke up with me because of that. It’s your dream, right? To prove to your parents that you can handle that company?”

“Ne. But it’s not anymore.”

“What?”

“Hwara… do you still love me?”

Ne. But I think it’s better if I’ll just keep it to myself. “Why are you asking that?”

He looked at me. His eyes stunned me. “I want to tell you that… I’m already getting married to Yoona.”

To Yoona? “W-What?”

“Tell me. Do you still love me?”

“Does it matter?” I think I’m going to cry any moment from now. My heart’s broken for the second time. My heart’s broken into pieces again.

He nodded. “Ne. Because if you still do, I’ll back out. I’ll reject the marriage for you… I’ll be with you again if you still love me.”

I like that idea. Thanks. But no, thanks. I don’t want to get hurt again. “… Mianhae.”

He looked confused. “W-What?”

I sighed. “Mianhae… but I already got over you… Mianhae.”

“… Hwara.”

I stood up. “I guess that’s enough. You’ve said what you want to say… It’s already late. I think I should go home now.”

“… Araso. I’ll drive you home.”

We both rode his car. It’s quiet. The whole trip’s like that, it’s really awkward. Good thing it’s only for five minutes. He parked outside the house and we went outside the car. I looked at him and tried not to tear up.

“Gomawo,” I said.

“Hwara,” he said.

“… Ne?”

“Are you really sure you’ve moved on?”

Tears started to cloud my eyes. “Ne.”

He nodded. “Araso. I think I have no choice but to accept your decision… like what you did before,” he sighed. “I know this is my fault and now, I’m facing its consequences… Wish me luck.”

“Araso. Conrgratulations. I wish you happiness… Be happy with Yoona. I know she really loves you so don’t hurt her… I’ll go inside now. Take care,” then I went inside the house, crying.