Eotteohke?

My No.1 Stalker

We rode his car. I sighed. Heechul’s right, it’s better if I’ll just leave.

“Gwaenchana?” he asked.

I nodded. “Ne.”

“Are you sure?”

I looked at him. “I know you’re concerned but seriously, I’m okay. What happened a while ago is nothing. I’ll just forget it.”

He glared at me. “Yah!”

I raised an eyebrow. “Wae?”

“Don’t forget what happened a while ago.”

This time, I’m the one who glared at him. “Yah! Why did you do that, huh? Who told you to do that?”

He smiled. “Wae? You don’t like it?”

Aish! “Why would I like it?”

“Stop denying, araso? Just thank me because a Kim-”

I interrupted him. That’s always his line. “Tell me. What’s your reason for doing that?” I asked. I suddenly turned serious.

It took him seconds before answering. “… Mollayo.”

“What?”

“There’s something that told me to do that. And I think I made the right choice.”

“What’s that something?”

He shrugged. “Maybe my heart. I really don’t know.”

“Tch,” then I looked outside. “What time is it?”

“It’s already 9.”

I nodded. “Araso. Gomawo.”

“… What are you thinking?”

I shook my head. “Nothing.”

“Tell me.”

I sighed. “Am I that easy to read?”

“Ne.”

“Araso… I’m thinking of their wedding. One month from now, we’re really over… Should I go there?”

“If you’re invited, then why not?”

I looked at him. “So you want me to be hurt?”

“Who told you? Of course, I don’t. That’s why I’m going to help you forget him before the wedding.”

“… How are you going to help me?”

He smiled. “I have my ways.”

“Tch. Araso. I’ll expect that from you.”

“Sure.”

I smiled at him. “Gomawo.”

Saturday. I went to the kitchen to look for food. I saw appa there, cooking ramen. I sat on the chair and greeted him.

“Good morning,” I said.

“Good morning. How’s the party?” he asked.

Then all those things flashed back. “I met Donghae-oppa and Yoona there.”

“Jinjja?” he sounded nonchalant.

“Ne.”

“So, what happened?”

I looked down. “Let’s not talk about it, please.”

“Araso,” then he gave me a bowl of ramen. “You met Mr. Kim’s father, right? How is he?”

“I didn’t talk to him that much. But he looked okay.”

He nodded. “Why did you arrive early last night? I thought you’ll stay longer. Wae? Can’t stand seeing Donghae with Yoona?”

Is he really my father? “It’s Heechul-oppa’s choice. He said it’s better if I leave early,” then I started eating my ramen.

“Found something new about Mr. Kim?”

Aish! So many questions. “None. Wae?”

“Nothing. Just asking,” then he turned the TV on. “Are you sure nothing good happened last night?”

I started recalling what happened. Hmmm. Something good? “What do you mean?”

“Something that happened between you and Mr. Kim.”

“… He kissed me last night.”

Appa looked at me. “Jinjja?”

I nodded. “Ne.”

Surprisingly, he smiled. “That’s good enough. Not bad.”

I raised an eyebrow. “What?”

He shook his head. “Nothing. Don’t mind me,” then he looked back at the TV. Soccer, his favorite sports.

“… Appa.”

“Ne?”

“… What will you do to know if you love someone?”

“Hmmm… Try to be with that person every time. I’ll take note of how I act and what I feel when I’m with her. If I’m doing weird things when she’s there, that means I’m affected by her presence.”

I nodded. What appa is saying interests me. “And then?”

“If I’m affected by her presence, maybe there’s something I feel for her. That’s what I did when I met your mom. And when she’s beside me, my heart’s beating so fast. Every time I hear her say my name, my mood lightens,” then he looked at me. “Why did you ask?”

I avoided his curious glare. “N-Nothing. I’m just interested with that topic.”

“Tch. Araso. I’ll just pretend that I don’t know why you asked that,” then he stood up. “I’ll leave now. Just stay here and wait for Taeyeon. I’m giving the two of you a day-off. Don’t worry. Mr. Kim sent me your substitutes.”

“Substitutes?”

“Ne. Araso. Annyeong,” then he left.

A day-off? On Saturday? But why? Never mind. At least I can have a rest today.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked.

“Nothing,” I answered.

“Tch. Yah! Tell me.”

I looked down. “Donghae-oppa and Yoona were also there.”

“What?!” she’s surprised.

“Oppa and I talked for a while. I told him that I’m going to move on no matter what happens.”

“Was Mr. Kim there?”

I nodded. “Ne. He saw everything. He heard everything.”

“What did he say?”

“He said he’ll stay by my side. He promised me that he won’t leave me.”

She smiled. “Jinjja? That’s sweet!”

“Yah, unnie. I have something to ask you.”

“Araso. What is it?”

I took a deep breath. “What will you do to know if you love someone?” Ne. That’s my question to appa.

“That’s a difficult question.”

“I know. So what will you do?”

“I’ll do one thing.”

“What?”

She smiled. “I’ll kiss him.”

My eyes widened. “W-What?”

“I’ll kiss him. If I felt nothing, then I don’t like him. But if there’s something weird that happened, then I feel something for him. It seems risky but still, I’ll do it.”

“T-There are other t-things I can do, r-right?”

“But that’s the best and easiest way. Don’t worry. I think Mr. Kim won’t mind-”

I interrupted her. “Yah! I-I’m not talking about him.”

She nodded. “Araso, araso. Whatever, Hwara.”

I glared at her. “Shut up.”

Kiss him? What the heck? Why would I do that? ‘But that’s the best and easiest way...’ Aish! Aniyo. There’s no way I’m going to do that.