Helping hand

My No.1 Stalker

“He said that?” Taeyeon asked.

I nodded. “Ne.”

“Tch. He said that just to be closer to you.”

“Ani. I really think he’s serious… He really wants to move on.”

She sighed. “Araso. If that’s what you think, then I won’t argue with that. But still be careful. He might not move on at all if you’re always helping him.”

Just like what Heechul said yesterday. “Araso. I will try hard to help him. But I will keep my distance, if that’s going to help.”

“How’s Yoona?”

I looked down. “I still haven’t talked to her. I guess I’ll just wait for her to approach me.”

“How about Mr. Kim? What did he say about this?”

“He told me that I should forget this thing for a while. I’m a bit stressed out now so I’m kind of thinking the same thing. If I don’t take a rest, I won’t be able to solve this problem.”

“He’s right. Relax, Hwara. That’s why you have to go home now. I know a random horror movie will help you. But please, not Death Bell again.”

I smiled. “Araso. A Tale of Two Sisters, I think, is enough,” then I stood up. “I’ll go now. Just tell appa I already left.”

Taeyeon nodded. “Araso.”

“Gomawo,” and I left the restaurant.

Monday. Another week of work. Today’s the scheduled meeting so I focused on finishing my presentation. I sighed. If it’s a meeting, then maybe Donghae’s parents will be there. Aish! Eotteohke?  Should I still go there? Or I’ll just skip the meeting? Ugh. It’s making me nervous, very nervous.

“Are you ready?” Donghae asked.

I looked up. “N-Ne… But… Should I really be there?”

He nodded. “Ne. You’re the one who planned the project proposal. Of course you should be there.”

I bit my lower lip. “But what if your parents are there?”

“So you’re afraid?”

Of course I am! “Ne.”

“Don’t worry. They’re in Japan. You have nothing to worry about.”

In Japan? “Jinjja?”

“Ne. They left yesterday. And if I’m not mistaken, they’re going to come back next month. So you don’t have to worry. You’re safe these few weeks.”

I nodded and sighed. “Araso,” then I stood up. “Kaja.”

“It’s just 10. We still have an hour.”

I looked at my watch. “Oh, you’re right.”

Then silence. We’re starting to be awkward with each other.

“… Want to have some coffee first?” he finally said.

Coffee? “Sure,” then we went to the coffee shop nearby.

We both ordered a cup of Café Latte and sat on a round table. Awkward. Aish! I knew it. Whenever I look at him, he’ll look down. He’s avoiding my eye contact. So I just looked down and quietly sipped my coffee. The silence is deafening. I think I should start the conversation now.

But he spoke up first. “Do you think I’ll succeed?”

I raised an eyebrow. “What?”

He’s still looking down. “Am I really going to make it?”

Oh. He’s talking about moving on. “Op--- President Lee, believe in yourself. You’ll make it. I’ll help you.”

“Tell me… Do you already hate me?”

What? “Yah. What are you talking about?”

“Do you already hate me?” he repeated.

I sighed. “That’s not going to happen, araso? There’s no reason for me to hate you.”

“… And there’s no reason for you to love me again.”

That made me speechless.

He sighed. “Forget it. I don’t want you to be guilty or what so just forget what I said,” then he looked at me. “Are you still willing to help me move on, huh?”

It took me seconds before nodding. “N-Ne.”

“Good. And please, do everything to help me. Try hard or else, I’m not going to leave you. I’m not going to let that Hee--- Mr. Kim get you,” he smiled. “And I know you don’t want me to forever go against my parents. So Hwara, I mean Ms. Lee, try hard. That’s going to be part of your job from now on.”

I have no choice but to nod. “Araso, President Lee.”

“Good,” then he stood up. “Kaja. We need to go there now.”

I also stood up. “Araso,” then we both left the coffee shop.

****************************************************************************

“So, that’s my proposal,” I said as I end my speech. “Are there any questions?”

A director raised his hand. Uh-oh. I shouldn’t have asked that question. “I have one.”

I took a deep breath. “Go ahead Director Nam.”

“You said you’re going to shorten the project duration by doing the survey and the actual work at the same time. But what if the result of the survey is not in favor of the work? I think that will make the project longer and harder.”

He has a point. And I don’t know how to answer that one. I kept silent. Aish! Hwara! Think!

“Director Nam, I think what Ms. Lee is trying to say is that they’re going to work on a different part of the project, a part where the survey has no effect on it. For example, they’re going to do the survey and select the best materials needed for the construction at the same time. I guess the result of the land survey has no effect on the materials they’re going to use,” Donghae said. Did he just help me with that director’s question?

“But President Lee, I think there is still an effect. Look. What if-” Director Nam said.

“Think it through, Director Nam, and you’ll see what I mean,” Donghae simply said.

“… A-Araso, President Lee.”

Silence filled the room.

“Are there any questions?” Donghae asked. But no one answered. “Then we’ll let the team go on with Ms. Lee’s proposal. The meeting’s adjourned,” then he stood up and went towards me. “Congratulations,” he smiled at me and left.

I knocked on the door. Then I heard him answered. He told me to come in so I turned the knob and entered his office. He looked surprised. He didn’t expect me to visit him in his office.

“Is there a problem, Hwara?” Donghae asked me.

I shook my head. “Nothing. I just want to… thank you.”

He tilted his head. “For what?”

“For helping me a while ago. I really don’t know what to answer to Director Nam… Gomawo.”

He smiled. “No problem. Director Nam’s really good at things like that. And I’m already used to it so I know how to handle those things. If that happens again, don’t worry. I’ll help you.”

I nodded. “Araso.”

“Have a seat.”

“Ani. I’m going to leave, anyways.”

“… Araso.”

“… Again, gomawo.”

“Again, no problem. And I also want to thank you in advance. I really wish we can make this.”

I nodded. “Of course we can… And we will.”

He smiled. But sadness crossed his face. “Araso.”

“… I’ll leave now.”

“Araso. Congratulations again.”

I smiled at him. “Gomawo,” then I bowed at him and left his room.

Now, I know who to avoid. That Director Nam’s my biggest problem now. Aish! Next time, I won’t ask him again.

 

***********************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 25!! Yeah!! So, do you guys think that Donghae will succeed? Hmmm... I have this plan about what will happen on the next chapters. Can't wait to post them.:)) Anyways, THANKS YOU, SUBSCRIBERS!!! 32 subscribers... Wow.:))