What a small world

My No.1 Stalker

 

“Waeyo?” Taeyeon asked.

“It’s her mother’s birthday. And he wants me to be there,” I answered.

She smiled. “Looks like he’s already going to introduce you to his parents.”

I shook my head. “It’s not like that. He just wants me to go there.”

“Tch. So what are you going to wear? You didn’t buy any dress when we went to the mall.”

“He said he already asked someone to make one.”

“Jinjja? That’s great!”

“Tch,” I rolled my eyes.

“I’m sure this is the start of something between you and Mr. Kim. Just wait and see. You’ll come to me and tell me what I told you came true.”

“Unnie, mianhae. But that will not happen.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Wae?”

“… I still love Donghae. As long as that feeling’s still there, that ‘something’ will never happen,” I said.

“I’m sure Mr. Kim will help you with that.”

“How?”

“He’ll do everything for you to fall for him. That’s all he will do.”

I shook my head. “That’s really impossible.”

“Why are you so negative, huh? What a pessimist.”

I looked down. “Araso. Let’s see what happens. If he’s going to help me, then that’s great. I’ll accept it… That’s all I need, anyways.”

“Good. So go rest now. You need some beauty sleep for tomorrow’s party. You need to be gorgeous for that event, remember, you’re going to meet his parents. Get ready for that.”

“Tch,” then I stood up. “Araso. Just tell appa I already left.”

“Araso.”

“Gomawo,” then I left.

I sat on my bed. Hmmm. If Heechul’s really trying to help me, maybe I should give him a chance. I’ll try to forget Donghae by knowing Heechul better. Who knows? I might really fall for that guy. Aish! what am I thinking? Looks like I’m going insane any moment from now.

“Hwara! Palli!” appa shouted.

“Ne!” then I ran downstairs.

“Go now,” he said.

I nodded. Then I looked at Heechul. “Kaja.”

Heechul smiled. “Excited?”

“Tch,” then I rolled my eyes.

“Araso. Kaja,” then he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside.

We first went to a salon. Heechul talked to several people there and started to instruct them. Are they planning a total make over for me? Aish! I really don’t want that.

**************************************************************************************************************

 

Finally, they’re done. After curling my hair, putting some make up on my face, fixing my dress, choosing the right heels, we’re now ready to go. The trip’s just 20 minutes. And Heechul’s been staring at me for almost 20 minutes. What’s with him?

“Gwaenchana?” I asked.

He nodded, still staring at me. “Ne.”

“Aren’t we going inside?”

“Wait,” then he grabbed something from his pocket. It’s a necklace. Then he put it on my neck. “Perfect.”

It made me smile. “Gomawo.”

He also smiled. “Kaja, Ms. Gorgeous.”

“Araso,” then we went inside his house.

Wow. There are lots of people here. And obviously, they’re all rich people. Wow. I haven’t been in this kind of party. This is exciting and at the same time, embarrassing.

“Heechul,” someone called.

Heechul and I turned around. It’s his mom. I bowed down at her and then she smiled at her.

“Good thing you came, Hwara,” she said. “I’m so happy to see you again,” then she hugged me.

“Saengil chukha hamnida, Mrs. Kim,” I greeted after she released me. “It’s my pleasure to be here.”

“Don’t be too formal, Hwara. Your dad’s my friend so it’s okay if you’ll call me auntie.”

Auntie? “Araso.”

She smiled again. “You’re really beautiful, Hwara. I can say that my son has a good taste.”

It made me blush. “G-Gamsahamnida.”

Then her husband came. He hugged her. “Saengil chukha hamnida, jagiya,” then he kissed her forehead.

“Gomawo,” auntie said. “Jagiya, I want you to meet Heechul’s special someone. She’s Hwara.”

I bowed down again. “Annyeong haseyo.”

Mr. Kim looked at me and smiled. “Annyeong haseyo, Hwara,” then he looked at his son. “Nice one, son. You really have an eye for beautiful girls.”

Heechul smirked. “I got it from you.”

“That’s right,” then he chuckled. “Araso. Excuse me for a while,” then he left.

“Mrs. Lee!” auntie suddenly called. It looks like she saw a friend.

I turned to look at that ‘Mrs. Lee’. Then I saw someone smiling and walking towards us. I moved one step backwards. Uh-oh. This can not be.

“Saengil chikha hamnida,” then she hugged auntie. “Still beautiful, huh?”

Mrs. Kim giggled. “You, too. By the way, I want you to meet my only son,” then she looked at Heechul. “He’s Heechul.”

Mrs. Lee also looked at him. “Oh. Heechul.”

He bowed down at her. I’ve never seen him this formal. “Annyeaong haseyo, Mrs. Lee.”

“Annyeong haseyo. Aigoo. What a handsome son you have, Mrs. Lee. I’m sure he’s having a hard time dealing with girls,” then she noticed me. Shock crossed her face, but she didn’t say a thing.

Auntie saw Mrs. Lee’s eyes on me. “She’s Lee Hwara, Heechul’s friend.”

She just nodded. “Araso,” then she looked back at auntie.

“So, I thought you brought your son with you.”

Her son? “Ne. He’s with his fiancée.”

“Oh, jinjja? When is he getting married?”

On December. That’s what he told me. “Maybe next month. We’re kind of in a hurry.” Next month? November?

“Eomma,” someone said. There’s no need for me to turn around and look at him. I know that voice. There’s no way I’m going to forget that.

“Oh, Donghae!” she exclaimed. “Good thing you’re already here.”

I just looked down. I don’t want him to see me. He should not see me. Then I felt someone grabbed my hand. It’s Heechul.

“Annyeong haseyo, Mrs. Kim. Saengil chukha hamnida,” Donghae greeted.

“Annyeong haseyo. Yoona-imnida. I’m Donghae-oppa’s fiancée.” She’s also here?

“Omo. You look good together. A perfect couple,” auntie said. Yeah, you’re right.

“I know right. They really look good together. Yoona’s a beautiful girl. She’s the perfect lady for my son. Oh, by the way. Your son and his friend are also a good couple,” Mrs. Lee said. Aish! That old woman’s really irritating.

Auntie giggled. “I’m thinking about the same thing.”

“Hwara?” Donghae, unfortunately, saw me.

I didn’t look up. “… A-Anyeong.”

Heechul squeezed my hand. I looked at him. He’s concerned. “We meet again, Donghae. I never thought we’ll see each other here. What a small world,” he said.

“You’ve met before?” auntie asked.

“Ne. I met him at Mr. Lee’s restaurant. He’s Hwara’s-” I pulled his hand a bit. He got what I mean. “He’s Hwara’s friend.”

“Oh, I see.”

“It’s nice to see you again, Hwara-unnie,” Yoona said. “It’s been months since I last saw you. You’re still as beautiful as before.”

Stop talking about nonsense. “Gomawo. You, too. You didn’t change,” I said.

“Gomawo.”

Heechul put his arm over my shoulder. “Kaja. I still have to tour you around.”

I nodded. “Araso.”

“Excuse us,” then we left.

Heechul’s right, what a small world. Of all the people, why him? Why does he have to be there with her? Aish! I really made the wrong decision. I shouldn’t have accepted this invitation.