The beginning

My No.1 Stalker

“Mianhae.”

I looked at Heechul. “For what?”

“… I shouldn’t have forced you to come here.”

“… Gwaenchana… It’s not your fault.”

“It is… Mianhae.”

I looked down. It’s not his fault, it’s mine. “Oppa.”

“Ne?”

“… Wae?... Why am I hurt when I saw him with Yoona?... Does that mean I’m hopeless? Is there no way for me to forget him?” then a tear fell down my cheek. “… Is it possible for me to love somebody else?”

“Ne,” he answered.

“Then why does it hurt so much?”

He didn’t answer. Silence filled the place. And then…

“Hwara,” someone called me.

I didn’t bother to look up. “… Leave.”

“Please, let’s talk,” Donghae said.

“Just leave.”

“I need to talk to you, araso? So listen to me.”

I looked at him. My tears are now flowing down my cheeks. “Can’t you understand? I can’t talk to you now because my heart will totally break if I did.” I sighed. “… So if you want me to forget you… just leave and never come back.”

“Who told you I want you to forget me?” His eyes. Aish! “Do you really think I want to leave you?” then he shook his head. “There’s no way I’m doing that… Saranghae.”

“… If you really love me… then let me move on.”

“But Hwara-”

“Ne, I still love you. But do you think your parents will ever like me? Is there anything you can do to make them accept me?... Oppa… I don’t want to get hurt again.”

“I’m not going to hurt you again.”

“Let’s stop this, oppa. Let’s just accept the fact that we’re not meant for each other. Let’s just help each other move on… That’s the best thing we can do now… to let go.”

“Hwara,” then he went towards me. “Please, don’t do this.”

I looked down. I don’t want to look at his eyes. “… Mianhae.”

Donghae hugged me. “Saranghae.”

I want to hug him back. But I pushed him away. “We’re over, oppa. There’s nothing you can do to change that.”

“Aniyo. There’s still-”

Someone cut him off. It’s Yoona. “Oppa.”

He looked at her. “Y-Yoona?”

She went towards us. “I knew it. You still love unnie,” then she glared at me. “And you. Stop running after Donghae-oppa. Remember, he’s not yours now. He’s already mine.”

“Yoona, stop it,” he said.

“If I were you, I think I’ll start living my life with someone else,” then she glanced at Heechul. “Like him. I’m sure you’ll move on with him.”

“Yoona!”

“I know that he’s yours,” I said. “So don’t worry. I’m not going to steal him from you… He’s all yours.” Those words pierced my heart.

Yoona smiled. “Thanks, unnie. That’s the reason why I really like you. You’re always giving me what I want,” then she grabbed Donghae’s arm. “It was nice meeting you again, unnie. I hope we won’t see each other again. Annyeong!” And she left with Donghae.

After minutes of standing there, watching him leave, tears started to fall again. Then I felt someone tapped my shoulder. Because of what happened, I almost forgot Heechul’s there. Aish! He saw everything.

“That’s right. Just cry,” he said.

I looked at him. “Oppa,” then I hugged him and cried.

“Aish. You’re ruining my tux,” but still, he hugged me back. “Don’t worry, Hwara. Everything will be okay. Oppa’s here. I’ll stay by your side… I won’t leave you.”

Those words. Those are all I need. “… Promise?”

“Wae? You don’t believe me?”

“Ne.”

“YAH!”

I giggled and then I released him. “I’m just kidding. Of course, I believe you,” then I looked down. “Aside from appa and Taeyeon-unnie, it’s you who I also trust… Gomawo.”

“Mianhae for what I’ve done before.”

“Gwaenchana. I already forgot those things,” I sighed and wiped my tears. “Araso. I think we should go there now. I’m sure Mrs. Kim’s already looking for you.” I looked up at him. “Kaja.”

He grabbed his handkerchief from his pocket. “Let’s clean your face first,” then he started wiping my ruined make-up. His hands are light, as if he’s not touching my face. “Yah. Stop looking at me like that,” he suddenly said.

Oops! “Mianhae,” but still I continued looking at his face.

He smiled. “Gwaenchana. I already knew that I have a handsome face. I guess you’re staring to appreciate it.”

“Tch.”

Then he put the hanky back to his pocket. “Done.”

“Gomawo. Kaja?”

“Wait.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Wae?”

After a few seconds, he slowly leaned forward. It made me blink several times. Wait. Is he going to kiss me? Then his lips touched mine. The kiss lasted for almost five seconds. He moved back and smiled.

“You look prettier without make-up,” he said the he offered his arm. “Kaja.”

I held it. “Araso,” then we went inside.

He kissed me… That really happened? Jinjja? Aish! Just forget it Hwara.

“Just stay here,” Heechul said.

“Waeyo?” I asked.

“I’ll just talk to eomma.”

I nodded. “Araso.”

“I’ll be back,” then he left.

I sat on a chair and stared down at my hands. That kiss. Aish! Hwara! I told you to just forget it, right? It’s just a kiss. It’s not a big deal… But why do I feel something really weird? It feels like butterflies are flying in my stomach. Ugh. My first kiss is now gone.

“Yah.”

I looked up. “… Yoona.”

“I’m here to remind you again. Don’t dare meet Donghae-oppa again or else, you’ll really regret it. You’re over and there’s no possibility for you to be with him again. Remember that, unnie,” Yoona said.

I stood up. “Yoona. I understand how you feel. But really, I’m not going to waste my time on him. And as I’ve said before, he’s all yours,” then I smiled. “You’re still the same, Yoona. You’re still catching what I already left behind. It makes me think you’re a collector of leftovers.”

She slapped me. Well, I kind of expected that. “How dare you! Listen. If I ever saw you with oppa, you’ll regret it. So watch out, unnie.”

“I think you should tell that to Donghae-oppa.”

“He doesn’t love you anymore.”

“Who told you? You saw it a while ago, right?”

She glared at me. “… Back off, unnie. Back off,” then she left and went towards Donghae.

I sat back on my chair and sighed. She’s once my best friend. Bu after Donghae became my boyfriend, she started to act cold towards me. And now, she already won. He’s now with her. Heechul. He’s my only hope.

“Hwara,” Heechul called me.

I looked at him. “Ne?”

“I think it’s better if I’ll bring you home now. I know it’s difficult for you to stay here and watch them.”

I shook my head. “Gwaenchana.”

“Kaja. I won’t let that Yoona slap you again.”

Oh. So he saw that. “Araso,” then I stood up and left the house.