Goodbye (안녕)

My No.1 Stalker

~HWARA'S POV~

We're now standing in front of the airport. Donghae and Yoona are going to leave now. Time for them to be alone together.

"I'll miss you, unnie," then Yoona hugged me.

I hugged her back. "I'll miss you, too, Yoona. Take care of yourself there, araso? Call me whenever you have time," then I released her. "Don't forget me."

She smiled. "Of course, I won't forget you. I'll take care of myself, don't worry. You, too, unnie."

"Taeyeon-unnie wanted to come, but ahjumma called her this morning so she won't make it."

She nodded. "I understand. I think I'll just call her everyday."

"I think we should go now," Donghae said.

"Araso," then I went towards him and hugged him. "Yah. Take care of my dongsaeng," then I released him and smiled. "Enjoy."

He also smiled. "Ne," then he looked at Heechul. "Hyung, take care of Hwara."

Heechul just smirked. "... I will."

Yoona waved her hand. "Annyeong!"

"Annyeong," I said.

Then they went inside the airport. My tears started to form in my eyes. Hold it back, Hwara. Don't cry. They're still going back. Then I felt Heechul's arm around my waist. I sighed.

"Kaja," he said.

I nodded. "Araso," then we left.

Before going to appa's restaurant, we first went to Heechul's office. He said he's going to talk to his mom for a while. It’s been 15 minutes since I sat on one of the benches near his office. Then I saw a familiar woman. I stood up. It’s her. I saw her.

“… Eomma,” I whispered.

“Let’s eat, eomma,” a girl said to my mom. She called her eomma?

But still, eomma smiled at her. “Where do you want to eat?”

“Let’s eat somewhere near. Let’s eat at Handel and Gretel. I’m craving for their food.”

“Araso. I’ll go in the car now. Hurry up and tell your appa to join us.”

The girl nodded. “Araso,” then she went to the elevator.

Eomma, after the girl entered the elevator, went out of the building and rode inside a car parked outside. I should talk to her now. I have lots of questions to ask. I need her.

“Gwaenchana?”

I looked up at Heechul. “N-Ne.”

“Saw something?”

I nodded. “I… I saw my mother.”

He looked surprised. “Jinjja? Where?”

“I need to talk to her, oppa. Just wait for me here.”

“Wait. What?”

“I need to talk to her,” I repeated. “I want to clear things up. I’ll ask her to come back.”

“Don’t do that.”

My eyebrows furrowed. “W-What?”

“… Do you think she’s going to talk to you? Do you really think she’ll listen to you?... Just let her go, Hwara. Nothing good will happen.”

I bit my lower lip. “I’m her daughter. I’m sure she still remembers me. And there’s no wrong in trying.”

“Do you want to be hurt again?”

“That’s not going to happen,” then I turned around.

Heechul caught my arm. “I told you, don’t do this. Just leave her. I’m sure she already forgot everything about you and Mr. Lee… She already left you. Don’t let her do that again.”

I looked at her. Tears are clouding my vision. “I want to talk to her and I need to talk to her.”

“Listen to me. You don’t need her anymore. Aren’t you contented with Mr. Lee and Taeyeon? They’re your family. You need no one else.”

“Aniyo. You’re wrong, oppa. My life’s incomplete because eomma’s not with us.”

“Then forget everything about her. Forget that there’s still someone missing in your life.”

I shook my head. “You don’t understand me, oppa.”

“I do understand your situation that’s why I’m saying these things. I just don’t want you to get hurt again.”

“She’s not going to do that,” then I took a deep breath. “Let me go.”

“… Do you really think she still loves you?”

That question surprised me. “W-What?”

“She left you. That means you’re not important to her anymore.”

Tears started to come out. “… Aniyo.”

“That’s the only reason, Hwara.”

“… I don’t care. I don’t care if she doesn’t love me now… The important thing is appa and I love her.”

Silence. Heechul’s still holding my arm. I heard the car left. I really need to go now.

“If you want to come with me, then let’s go… But if you don’t want… then let go of me,” I said.

After a few seconds, Heechul released my arm.

Honestly, that hurt me. “Araso… Just wait here. I’ll come back,” then I left the building and went to that restaurant the girl said.

 

 

 

~HEECHUL’S POV~

What the hell did you just do, Kim Heechul? Aish! I shouldn’t have done that. But Hwara already left. She told me to wait here and that’s what I’m planning to do. But it’s not what I did. I don’t know why but after seeing her left, I started to walk towards the building’s exit. I need to follow her.

I saw Hwara entered a restaurant so I went inside it and sat on one of the tables there. Then it started raining. Aish! I hate rain.

“Eomma.”

I looked at Hwara. She’s standing in front of a family’s table. Mr. Kang and his family. Is Hwara talking about Mr. Kang’s wife?

“Who are you?” Mr. Kang asked. He’s one of the company’s directors.

“Eomma,” Hwara repeated.

“Why are you calling my mom ‘eomma’?” the girl beside Mr. Kang said.

“Can we talk?” she said, still looking at her mom.

But her mom shook her head. “Mianhae but I don’t know you.”

Tch. I knew it. “W-What?”

“Excuse me, miss. But I and my family are going to eat now. You may now leave,” Mr. Kang said.

“Eomma, let’s talk.” I noticed how her voice cracked a bit.

“But she already said she doesn’t know you. Are you deaf or what?” the girl said.

“.. Eomma, please.”

“Miss, leave now or else I’ll call the security guard to drag you out,” Mr. Kang threatened.

Hwara’s mother finally stood up. She looked at Hwara. I can now tell that she’s her mom. They have similarities. “Leave now.”

Hwara shook her head. “I won’t.”

“I already left you and your useless father, araso? There’s no way I’m going to come back to you.”

“… Wae?”

“You don’t need to know that. So please, just forget me. I’m not your mother anymore,” then she picked up her bag, opened it and took out some money. What the heck is she doing? “I’m sure you’re her for this,” she grabbed Hwara’s hand and filled it with the money she took out from her bag. “I hope that’s enough.”

“W-What?”

“Let’s not see each other again,” then she left with Mr. Kang and the girl.

Hwara stood there, frozen. I know it really broke her. Curse that woman. I won’t forgive Mr. Kang for that.