Competition

My No.1 Stalker

 

~HEECHUL’S POV~

 

“You’re already getting old,” I said.

Eomma smiled. “Ne. But admit it, I’m still beautiful even though I’m already 53.”

I nodded. “Ne. That’s what I got from you – a pretty face.”

“By the way, a friend of mine will come this Friday. I want you to be there. I think you should meet her and her son. Araso?”

“In one condition.”

“What is it?”

“I’ll bring Mr. Lee and Hwara with me.”

She smiled. “That’s good. Maybe you should introduce to me your future wife.”

I glared at her. “Yah!”

“Wae? I know you want her to be yours.”

“I’m not-”

She interrupted me. “Don’t dare deny it.”

“Tch. So, I’ll bring them this Friday,” then I stood up. “I have to go. I’ll look for something she can wear.”

Eomma nodded. “Go ahead. Find the best dress for her. Make her beautiful on my day, araso?”

I smiled. “Araso,” then I left.

I went to a friend who is a fashion designer. I gave her a picture of Hwara and she said she’ll work on a black dress. Umm, yeah. I have a picture of her in my wallet. How did I get it? I told you, I’m Kim Heechul. I have my own ways. I can do everything because I’m perfect.

Then I went to a gift shop and looked for something I can give to eomma. I know she hates gifts but if it’s from me, I’m sure she’ll accept it. Hmmm. I think perfume’s okay. Eomma loves floral scent.

“Kim Heechul.”

I turned around. It’s the jerk. “Oh, annyeong haseyo,” then I smiled.

“I want to talk to you.”

“So you followed me here?”

“Follow me,” then he went out of the gift shop.

We went to a 5-star restaurant and ordered a steak. Then he looked at me straight into my eyes. Whoah. His eyes are charming. I guess that’s what Hwara loves about him.

“Heechul,” he said.

I tried not to glare at him. “I hope you don’t mind but please, call me hyung. I think I’m older than you.”

“Heechul-ah,” he repeated.

Is he really insulting me? “What do you want?”

“… Leave Hwara alone.”

No way. “Why would I?”

“You’re not good enough for her.”

“Compared to you, I am. So don’t consider yourself ‘good enough’ ‘cause you’re not, araso?”

“I’m better than you and we both know that.”

I shook my head. “Aniyo, Donghae. In your dreams.”

“I heard you’re a playboy. You’ve dated millions of girls and dumped them one by one.”

“Wae? Are you jealous?”

“That explains why I’m way too better than you.”

Is he spying on me? “Yah. Where did you get that information, huh?”

He smiled. I’ll admit. He has a good smile. “I have my ways.”

Did he just steal my line? “So that means you’re considering me as a competition, a rival.”

“Ne.” Nice. He’s honest.

I smiled. “And you’re afraid?”

“Is there a reason for me to be afraid?”

Ne. There is. “Then leave us alone. If you’re confident that she’ll come back to you, then don’t bother ruin my plan.”

He shook his head. “I won’t. I won’t leave Hwara with someone I don’t trust. If you don’t want any trouble, then just leave. But if you’re willing to help me with her, I’ll gladly accept it.”

“I’m not insane enough to help you.”

“Araso. Let’s just see who will win.”

“You’re her first love, but I don’t care. That doesn’t mean I’m already giving up on her. I’m warning you, I’m not an easy rival.”

He nodded. ”Araso, araso. I’m not afraid of you.”

I smiled. “Good.”

Tuesday. I went to the restaurant to tell Hwara the event this Friday.

“Aniyo,” Hwara answered. “I won’t come.”

“What?” I said.

“Just tell your mom I said Happy Birthday.”

“Hwara, I think you should go,” Mr. Lee suggested. Nice one, Mr. Lee!

She looked at her dad. “Appa, I’m kind of busy this week. And besides I don’t want to be surrounded by high class people. I also don’t have anything to wear.”

“You don’t have to worry. I already asked someone to make a dress for you,” I said.

She shook her head. “Mianhae.”

“Hwara, please. Mr. Lee will also be there. And promise, people there are kind, they won’t bite you. So please, I’m already begging you.” Aish! I can’t believe I’m doing this.

“I won’t-”

Her dad interrupted her. “Araso, Mr. Kim. I’m letting my daughter come with you this Friday. I won’t come with her because I still have something to do so please, take care of her.”

She glared at him. “Appa!”

I smiled. “Gomawo, Mr. Lee. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her,” then I looked at Hwara. “So… See you on Friday.”

She also threw daggers at me. “… Araso.”

I stood up. “Good. I’ll just pick up at 5. We’ll go to a designer first before going to the party. I’m going now,” then I left the restaurant before Hwara complains.

 

 

 

~HWARA’S POV~

 

“Why did you say that?” I asked.

Appa shrugged. “Mollayo.”

“tch. You really want me to be with him, don’t you?”

He smiled at me. “Well, you look good together. And besides, it’s a good way to know him better. There, you’re going to meet his parents and maybe his friends.”

“I’ve already met his mother so why do I have to go there? I don’t really care about his rich friends.”

“Hwara, give him a chance.”

I looked down. “For what?”

“Give him a chance to prove himself to you. Let him show you what he really feels for you. You never know, you might end up and live happily with him.”

Tch. “Appa, we all know he’s a playboy… That means there’s a possibility that he’ll hurt me.”

“I know him. He’s not that kind of person.”

“But there will come a time that he’ll change.”

“Ne. But he’ll change for you.”

For me? “… Araso. I’ll go. I have no other choice, anyway,” then I sighed. “I’ll give him chance but I’m not promising anything.”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure Mr. Kim will wait,” then he stood up. “I’ll check the inventory now. I think we’re out of flour.”

I nodded. “Go ahead.”

“… Think it through,” then he went inside the stockroom.