Gomawo

My No.1 Stalker

HWARA’S POV

 

“He visited you?!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

I nodded. “Ne,” then I took a spoonful of rice and chewed it.

“What did that jerk said?”

“Nothing.”

“What?”

“I didn’t let him talk,” then I sipped my juice. “I’m not in the mood to listen to him. And besides, there’s no need for us to talk. I completely understood what happened and I’ll just get over with that.”

“That’s right, Hwara,” appa agreed. “Look at me. When your eomma left us, I just focused on running this restaurant. After a few weeks, I’ve moved on. I’m sure you’re going to succeed like me.”

“That’s why you should meet one of my friends,” Taeyeon suggested.

I forgot to tell her what happened at the amusement park. Well, I’m not really planning to tell her that. “Thanks, unnie. But no, thanks.”

“Wae?”

I shrugged. “I’m not in the mood,” then I put a piece of beef into my mouth. Hmmm. Tasty!

“How are you and Mr. Kim?” appa asked.

I looked at him. “Mr. Kim?”

“Ne. Kim Heechul.”

“Oh, him. Nothing. Wae?”

“He visited you yesterday, right?”

“Y-You know it?”

He nodded. “Ne. I gave him the address.”

Tch. ‘I have my own ways.’ Jinjja? “Araso.”

“So what happened?”

“Nothing,” I repeated. “He just asked me if I’m okay.”

“Hwara,” Taeyeon said.

I looked at her. “Ne?”

She smiled. “I think Mr. Kim likes you.”

What? “Yah! What are you talking about? He doesn’t, araso? He only likes girls with a good family background, girls in the upper class. That won’t happen, unnie.”

“How did you know that he likes girls like that?”

I shrugged. “Mollayo.”

“Hwara, that’s possible. Look. Last Saturday, he asked you to bring his order to him. He even asked you to sit with him. And yesterday, he visited you to check if you’re alright. Those things mean something.”

“Tch. Stop it, unnie.”

“She’s right, Hwara,” appa said.

“W-What?”

“Taeyeon’s right. Last Friday, he has a date but then he left her. He-”

“Unnie said that always happens.”

“Let me finish, araso?”

I nodded. “Go on.”

“Then he went towards me and asked me your name. I thought he’s going to play some tricks on you so I warned him. But for the first time, he said he’s serious. That time, I already knew he likes you.”

Aish! These people are really trying to convince me. “Appa, I think you’re fooled. Maybe he just said that he’s serious but he’s really not.”

“I know him very well. When he said something, he means it.”

I shook my head. “Let’s stop talking about him, araso?” then I continued eating my now cold food. Aish! I lost my appetite.

“But I really think he likes you,” Taeyeon whispered.

Appa nodded. “Me, too.”

I stood up. “I’m done,” then I left my chair and went to the kitchen.

Cleaning a big restaurant is really tiring. Aish. Why do we only have four waitresses? I think we need three more or else, we’ll all die working.

I sighed. “We need substitutes,” I whispered.

“Want to hire me?”

It made me jump. I turned around and saw a smiling Heechul. “Yah! You almost brought me heart attack. Don’t surprise me like that again, araso?”

He nodded. “Mianhae. So, need some applicants?”

I looked at him from head to toe. Then I chuckled. “Waeyo? You want to apply as a waiter?”

“Ne.”

I laughed. This guy’s funny.

“Wae?”

“Do you really think you can work as a waiter?”

“Ne. It’s an easy task.”

I shook my head. “Aniyo. So just don’t bother to apply,” then I continued mopping the floor.

He took the mop from me. “Let me do that.”

“Yah!” then I tried to snatch the mop from him. But I failed.

“I know you’re already tired so have a break now. Take a short rest, I’ll do this,” then he started mopping.

“A-Are you serious?”

“Ne.”

“… Araso,” then I pulled a chair and sat down. “Why are you here?”

“I eat here everyday.”

Oh. Taeyeon already told me that. “Wae? Don’t know how to cook?”

“I have maids to do that.”

Tch. “Then why here?”

“Your father’s really good in cooking. I promised him that I’ll eat here forever. I’m just doing my promise to him.”

I think appa’s right. He meant everything he says. “You don’t have to keep your promise. They said promises are meant to be broken. You can always stop anytime.”

He looked at me. “Remember this. Promises are made by those who can keep it. And I’m one of those people.”

I nodded. “Araso, araso.”

Then he mopped again. “Am I doing well?”

“Aniyo,”

He looked at me. “What?”

“You should push the mop in only one direction,” then I snatched the mop from him. “Never mind. I’ll finish this. You go now.”

“Aniyo,” then he grabbed the mop again.

“Yah!”

“I told you to just sit down, right?”

“You’re not really helping, araso? So give that to me,” then I tried getting it back.

He chuckled. “You’re also short like Taeyeon.”

I glared at him. “What?!”

“Tell me. What’s your height?”

Aish! “Stop it, araso? I’m taller than her!”

“Jinjja?”

“Ne,” then I quickly reached for the mop. But he also reacted fast.

“Just sit down and watch me work.”

“Hwara,” a familiar voice said.

We both looked at him. I’m right. It’s Donghae. What is he doing here? Is he really going to annoy and piss me off? Is he making fun of me?

“It’s you again,” Heechul said.

“Let’s talk… please,” Donghae pleaded.

“She’s not in the mood. She’s still busy so please, just leave.”

“I’m talking to Hwara so shut up,” then he walked towards me. “Kaja,” then he pulled me.

Heechul caught my other hand. “Aniyo. She’ll stay here.”

Donghae glared at him. “Who are you, huh? Why are you-”

“Leave,” I interrupted him then I pulled my hand from his. “Please?”

“… But Hwara, this is-”

“Leave. I don’t want to talk to you anymore… Please understand.”

After minutes of awkward silence, Donghae left. I sighed. I guess I have to thank Heechul again for this.