Losing Sleep Over You

Fall For You
I set everything on the coffee table and took two bottles of beer out of fridge. I walked back into the living finding him on the couch holding his guitar again. It was funny, it was like his security blanket or something. “Here,” I said handing him a bottle.

“You do realize that we’re underage,” he seemed like he was joking, so I laughed with him.

“Yeah, I think that’s a stupid rule. I mean why does the government put limits on stupid things like driving, or getting married, or even drinking and not on things that actually hurt like…”

“Getting your heart broken?” He raised his eye brows staring at me, opening his beer bottle.

I nodded, taking a big long sip of the cool beer. It was so cold; I could feel it go down my throat. I don’t usually drink beer, but this seemed like an appropriate time to drink. “Sure, but not only that.” I stayed quiet for awhile. And then it occurred to me, I might as well as him. “Can I ask you a question?” He stared at me. “Why do guys act like that?”

He chuckled, “I’m not exactly liking the way you’re putting every guy into this category.”

“It’s just, you think you own your girlfriends. You think that you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to us, and the lie that became before you doesn’t even matter.” I sighed, “It’s like once you officially become a couple, you feel like you don’t want to try anymore. He feels like he doesn’t need to try anymore,” I said the last part more quietly, but of course he heard it.

“It gets better when you’re older.” He told me.

“Because you’re so experienced being only one year older,” I didn’t believe him.

He looked down like I’ve hit a nerve, “All I can say is that not every guy is like that.”

“Well, they look all the same to me,” I said, drinking. “They all act nice and sweet and genuine at first and then they automatically turn into complete jerks.” I countered his theory.

“My last relationship lasted six years.” He said, I didn’t know why he was telling me this. “I thought we’d last forever, I even figured out how I was going to propose to her; that’s how much I loved her.” He stared into space as if reciting this story like a voiceover, as if he was living the memory like a flashback. “I would do absolutely everything for her, it didn’t matter how much money it cost, or what I needed to sacrifice; my first priority was to make her happy.”

“And that my friend is what I call whipped.” I joked, hitting his arm.

The smiled on his face soon disappeared when he continued. “And then it happened. I was so afraid she wouldn’t see me the same way. But I knew I owed it to her to be honest. So I told her. And the way she looked at me…it was like I turned into a beast in front of her. She said she could never love a monster like me.” He shook his head, and then I noticed he was crying. “She made me hate myself more than I already did.”

“I’m sorry,” I put my hand on top of his, though I knew it meant nothing to him. “I guess girls aren’t that great either.”

“Sometimes they’re worse.” He chuckled, “They want everything.”

I smiled, “Not everything. We just want don’t want the relationship to change as time goes by, we don’t things to change. Maybe for the better, but yeah, essentially stays the same.” I smiled, and realized I rested my elbow on his knee. “When you’re with a girl, we want you…we want you to harass us with that love and affection, to shower us with everything you have…to love us with everything you have.”

Somehow during this conversation our faces moved towards each others. His face was just inches from mine, and I could feel his cool breath. I instantly regretted drinking alcohol but somehow, he didn’t smell any different.

His eyes were burning into mine, they were so brown like a shade I’ve never seen before. And apparently its true when they say eyes twinkle, because his did in an extremely odd way. “Kim…” He breathed, and I think my heart literally stopped. The way he said my name, his voice was like melted butter. Why was I feeling like this? I have a boyfriend. And he was…he’s Gerald, a complete stranger.

“Kimmy!” The door burst open and me and Gerald jumped back. Everyone followed Mom into the living. “I hope we didn’t worry you two. I meant to call, but my phone died.” Mom explained.

I picked up the untouched dishes and started walking them to the kitchen; what a waste. “Don’t worry Mom, I got your note,” I yelled. When I turned back around, he was there. I gasped, “Stop doing that,” I told him.

He laughed, setting the dishes on the table. “Doing what?”

“Sneaking up on me,” he had extremely quiet footsteps, like he floated or something.

“It’s not my fault that you’re incompetent in hearing,” he smiled and continued walking back to the living room. “And no one can float.”

I stood there, completely jaw-dropped. He had the nerve to actually insult me after everything that happened today. And that comment, like he knew what I was saying. There was no way I could mistaken that comment, it just happened and he was in the room, and I knew I said it to myself because it was a stupid comment.

I followed him ignoring my family, “How did you know I said that?”

He stared at my parents and then at me, “You just said it?”

“No, I didn’t. You’ve been doing that all day today, and yesterday. You say things that you couldn’t hear, it’s like you did hear it.”

“Because I did.” He retorted, trying to cover up getting busted.

I laughed, “No, because I didn’t say it, you did. It’s like you can read minds or something.” I told him, and heard my sisters and brother scoff at me, but I didn’t care.

“Don’t be ridiculous KC,” he smiled holding up our beer bottles. “Tita, I think your daughter is a light drinker.

I shook my head and went up to my room. I wasn’t going to stay there and be insulted in something that I actually knew. He read my mind. It couldn’t have been a coincidence. I could hear them laughing at me downstairs. That was exactly one more reason to hate him.

The next morning, I left early for school, way before anyone was up. But I didn’t go straight to school, I went to the coffee shop across the street. Beauty took a seat in front of me, “So where’s your cute driver?”

I chuckled, “He’s not my driver, he’s an odd, creepy loser who took my car and my family.”

“Oh, right. But he is a hot, odd, creepy loser.” She giggled. “I heard about the late night run in with your ex-boyfriend,” she faked a cough, “I mean boyfriend; you didn’t break up with me.”

“Can we stop talking about Jake.”

“Are my ears burning? I heard my name!” He called from the door, and went over to her to give her a kiss on the cheek.

Kim just sat there, “It’s funny, I came here for some piece and quiet and all I got was the opposite. I’ll see you in class Beauty,” I grabbed my books and left.

The whole week went like that, leaving 6:45 in the morning, taking the bus to school and drinking my morning coffee and getting caught up in some reading. I tried my best to ignore Jake and Gerald. But I didn’t just ignore him, I mean yes we were under the same roof, and regretfully in the same room, but I used that time to examine him. Maybe I somehow did say it out loud, I was drinking. But I’m not a light drinker, I only had one bottle. I used the week to watch him, carefully. I wasn’t speaking to him, I only watched his actions but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He helped my Mom out, which only made her love him even more, and he even helped out my sisters and brother. The whole family was on his side. They even made little side jokes about me hearing things and being out of it; they said that’s how I always have been since I was a baby.

One night, I couldn’t sleep. I tried to piece the lack of evidence together, but nothing. Maybe I was overreacting. But then again he did say something about his girlfriend leaving because of a secret.

I shook my head and laughed at how big of a deal I was making this. I looked to the clock and it was two in the morning. I got up and decided to get something to drink. I tried to stay quiet, but apparently I was no Gerald Anderson and his floating feet. I laughed at myself. I opened the fridge, and took out a bottle of water, unscrewed the cap and started chugging. Apparently I was thirsty because half the bottle was gone afterwards.

“Still avoiding me?”

I jumped, “Oh, you’re up.” I whispered.

I saw a hint of a smile on his lips. “I couldn’t sleep. You?” He jumped on the counter.

“Me neither.”

“Figure it out, yet?” He said smiling now.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said drinking more water.

“You don’t think I know you’ve been watching my every move.” He chuckled, “And you’re wondering why things just don’t add up with me.”

There it is again. “It’s driving me crazy,” I admitted. “I mean, I know I didn’t those things out loud, but you keep acting like I did. And this week, I’ve been watching you. Okay, it wasn’t exactly stalker-like watching, but it’s like you don’t do it to me. You say things that I’m thinking or things that you weren’t in the room that happened. And the secret you said about your girlfriend, I mean those add up, but nothing else does. You’re a complete student outside, but something totally different inside. He put a finger to my lips, I guess I was speaking too loud.

“Will you be happy if I told you were right?”

“I’d be happy if that was the truth.”

He nodded and jumped back down. “Okay, are you ready?” He stood a few feet away from me, but then made his way closer just staring. “You’re not drunk, right?” I laughed and shook my head. He lifted one arm and swiped pieces of hair behind my ear, and sighed. “I’m tired, this can wait.” He smiled and began walking away.

“I’m not gonna go to sleep now.”

“You should, you look extremely tired.” He smiled. “Good night, KC.”

“It’s Kim!” I called out in a loud whisper. All I could hear was him laughing. At least I knew one thing, there was something, and I was going to figure it out.

HEY GUYS, I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. SO MORE THINGS TO COME FOR BOTH STORIES, AND PLEASE STAY IN TUNED. ONE MORE THING, I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE TWILIGHT, CONSIDERING EDWARD CULLEN IS EXTREMELY HOT AND SO IS GERALD, AND THEY BOTH READ MINDS, BUT MORE IS COMING, SO IT WONT BE EXACTLY LIKE TWILIGHT. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT GUYS. AND WISH ME LUCK FOR MY LAST EXAM! AFTER THIS, CONSTANT UPDATING. WHAT TIME IS IT?? SUMMERTIME!!!!!! [LMAO :P]