Jealous

Fall For You
It was late, probably 1 in the morning at the latest. I stayed in bedroom to keep the unnecessary questions at bay. We decided not to tell my parents until the whole drama with Jake was over. Also, because they already considered him family, so it’d be weird if we sprang it on them all at once.

I was lying in my bed when I heard my window open. I opened my eyes and I saw him half way through my window. I jerked up quickly and ran the couple of steps to his head that was struggling to get through. I laughed and took his arms pulling him inside. We were trying not to laugh as hard, but when he fell on top of me, I couldn’t hold it in.

“Shh!” He put his finger to my lips and I tried to stop. He got up and pulled me with him. “How was your night?” He sat on the foot of my bed.

I realized what I was wearing which a short red nighty. I ran to my closet and pulled out my robe, quickly putting it on. “It was okay. I tried to stay up, but it was getting pretty late.” I admitted sitting against my headboard.

He rested his head on my lap. I brushed his short hairs with my fingers, “Did you have fun, tonight? I bet Chris did.”

“Yeah, he had loads of fun. That game was supposed to be about us. I got the back seats, so he complained about being so far away.”

I laughed, “For our first date, you got the worst seats in the house?” I clarified. “I’m glad I turned them down.”

“I got those seats so we could be doing something else just in case you got bored, if you know what I mean,” he raised his eyebrows.

I looked away embarrassed. “Well, than for our official first date--”

He jumped up and went to sit on the chair next to the window. Someone knocked on my door, and I nodded understanding. My mother walked. “Do you guys know how late it is?”

“Sorry Tita, did we wake you?” Gerald asked. I bit my lip.

“I thought I heard something fall, or crash.” She paused and stared at my opened window. “Did you come from the window?” Her questioned was pointed towards Gerald, of course.

He laughed, “Funny story--”

“Ma, of course not, he’s not spiderman, he can’t climb walls. We were hot, so I opened the window, but I bumped to the chair, and that was probably the noise you heard. We’re going to sleep, though. Good night, Mommy.” I winked at Gerald.

She came and gave me a kiss, and also pecked Gerald on the cheek. “You have school tomorrow, ha.” She gave us a warning look and then closed the door.

Gerald got back up and stood by my bed, overlooking me. “Nice one, I’m glad I’m dating a girl who can come up with lies so quickly.”

I pulled him down by his shirt. “You needed me for once, admit it.” I kissed him.

He spread his hands on both sides of me, and climbed over me onto the bed. “Need you like I need you now?” He had one hand on my back, while the other supported his weight. I pulled him further down, suddenly having this burst of energy. I regretted putting on that silk robe.

His tongue traced my bottom lip, and I gasped silently in his arms. I wrapped one leg around his waist and one oh his hand were on my calf holding it there. What the hell was going on? This was definitely not like me. I don’t do this, but I didn’t want to stop. My fingers tangled in his hair, and my parted lips invited him in.

I felt him chuckle on top of me, and then he pulled away. “We better be going to sleep.” He kissed one last time and then stood up. “You are too much, Ms. Chiu.”

My fingers wandered to my swollen lips. I was still panting for air. “Well, I needed to make up for the basketball game. That’s what you had in mind, right?”

“Another time, another place, pretty girl.” He opened my door.

“Good night,” I smiled at him, getting in my covers.

He sighed, “Sweet dreams, my sweet Kim.” He closed the door quietly.

I was staring up at the ceiling and kicked my legs excitedly. This was definitely not like Jake. I have never felt this way for him, nor will I ever. Gerald awakened this sort of hungry wild child inside of me. I used to be known as sweet, innocent Kim, who wouldn’t even think of going any further than what just happened. But now, not only was I thinking about it, I wanted to go further. I wanted to feel skin against skin, I wanted to feel his hands all over me. I wanted him to a certain point that I needed him. This was crazy, it’s only been forty-eight hours, and I was crazy, head-over-heels for him.

We were no longer those two little children who used to play in the sand and look for shells, we were two adults coming to feel what love really is. I kept on telling him I changed, but at the end of the day, we both changed, and I would accept this new Kim with open arms; only if Gerald came with it.

The next morning, he drove me to school like usual, and because I am a high school girl with a new and improved and perfect boyfriend, I felt the need to talk about what happened the night before. “Didn’t I tell you last night about the whole basketball thing. And because you didn’t go, you guys totally hit first base.”

“Guys, this is lunch time, as in eating time. We don’t want to talk about ,” Erich mentioned putting her sandwich down.

“Oh, ‘Rich, you’re just upset that you don’t have a boyfriend.”

I bit into my apple. “You know, Gerald has this friend, Chris whose like a total hottie. I can probably ask him if he’s willing to meet you. We can double date.” I offered.

“It’s okay, I’m not really into the whole blind dating thing. It’s not that I don’t trust your judgement, but I like my single status.” She smiled, and took a small bite of her sandwich.

I shrugged at let it go. At the end of the day, I walked outside and found Gerald talking to a girl who was in my Calculus class, Nina Jose. “Ge,” I said as I walked to him.

He smiled and kissed me on the cheek. “Oh, sorry, Kim, you know Nina. She was telling me all about--”

I forced a smile, “Hi Nina, she’s in my math class,” I told Gerald.

“So I’ll just give you the CD tomorrow, Ge,” She smiled at Gerald, my boyfriend, and I rolled my eyes. I even noticed she was wearing an extra-low V-neck tank top. “Bye Kim.”

I waved good-bye and crossed my arms at Gerald and just stared at him. He was watching her walk away, and didn’t even notice me watching him. I slapped his arm. “Ow, what!”

“You know for a mind-reader, you’re catching on really slowly.” I said, opening my door myself, but he slammed it shut.

“You’re not jealous are you?” He smiled putting his arms around my waist.

“When my boyfriend is flirting with one of the hottest girls in school, and checks her out when I’m here watching you? You bet your I’m jealous.” I told him. “It’s not even a week, and you’re scouting out new recruits.” He laughed, “It’s not funny, and what if I was talking to Jake?” The smile disappeared the second I said his name and he looked at me seriously. “Yeah, you wouldn’t like it.”

He my back. “Kim, you have nothing to worry about. Nina and I were talking about music and she offered to lend me a CD. As for Jake, I’d break his neck before he even thinks of talking to you.”

“Are you going to take the CD?” I asked, still arms crossed.

“I don’t know, am I?” He had a smirk on his face.

“No, you’re not taking the CD. And I’d appreciate if you waited inside the car until I came out. That way you won’t have a chance to talk to anyone about music.” I said.

He nodded, “I didn’t know my girlfriend’s bossy.”

“Let’s just say, when you have a designer purse, you defend it with everything you have,” I knew the analogy was stupid.

“You’re telling me I’m a purse now?” He laughed pulling my closer.

I thought for a moment, “Versace purse, something I’d defend with my whole life,” I said, leaning in, giving into what I’ve been waiting for for six hours.

“You better defend me,” he laughed and opened my door. “This is our first fight, I think the worst is over.”

I chuckled, “Not if I catch you talking to Nina again,” I tapped his chest before getting in.

He laughed and got in after me, “You’re so cute when you’re jealous.” He started the engine, and then took my hand to kiss the back of it.