Cancellation

Fall For You
I woke up extra early the next morning. I wrapped myself in my red silk robe and snuck outside to the pool house. It was still 5AM, so I assumed he was still sleeping. And when he answered the door, his eyes half closed, I assumed right. “Good morning,” I whispered walking passed him.

He looked extremely tired, and didn’t bother answering. He went straight into his bed and rubbed his hands over his morning, stubbly face. He placed multiple pillows so his head was elevated, but his eyes were still closed.

I the lamp beside me, and he covered his eyes with his hands. “What’s up?” He groaned not removing his hands.

I chuckled, “Jake’s coming today.” I decided to get right to the point.

He moved two fingers, revealing one of his gorgeous eyes, but it was squinted to the brightness of the lamp. “What do you mean?”

“I heard him and Alessandra talking last night. She’s terrified because I told her we have her on tape sneaking in. Jake assured her she was safe, and to be sure, he’s sneaking in during school hours and planning on stealing it.” I shortened the story and kept my voice even so he couldn’t hear the worry in it.

He sighed. He removed his hands, but his eyes were closed. “I guess wraiths aren’t exactly morning people.” I smiled.

“Did he see you? Could he have seen you?” Gerald asked.

I shook my head, “I’m like 99.6% sure they didn’t see me. If they did, don’t you think they would’ve confronted me? And plus, it was dark upstairs, so they didn’t see me.”

He nodded, still his eyes were closed. “Okay, then, I guess I’m going to have to surprise him.” His jaw clenched. “Don’t worry your pretty face, the tape’s safe. No one can get to it, not even you.”

“Glad to hear it.” I just kept sitting there for the next couple of seconds, but it felt like hours since no one was speaking.

“You going to join me, or are you just going to keep staring at my morning face.”

I laughed, and crawled into bed with him, resting my head on his bare chest. He put one arm around me, and turned off the lamp that I earlier. “See, now I can open my eyes,” he wiped his face again with his free arm, and pulled me in closer.

“Do you need help waking up?” I asked, staring up at him.

“Well you said that wraiths aren’t morning people, so what did you have in mind?” He stared down at me.

I reached up and pressed my lips against his. He pulled me up higher, and the next thing I knew I was on top of him. He cupped my face and I relaxed in his embrace. “How’s that?” I asked in between our own lips way of conversation.

I felt his chest rumble with laughter, “It’s getting there.”

His hands travelled down my back, and when he laughed again, I knew he was laughing at the shivers he felt coming from me. “Cold?”

I shook my head, “No, just…nervous.”

“About what?” His fingers gently my back, and one hand relaxed the creases on my forehead.

I chuckled nervously, “It’s just…I never felt this way before. It’s all so new to me.”

“And what about Jake?” I felt him tense up when he said his name.

“Can we not talk about my ex-boyfriend?” I slid off from on top of him and rested my head on one of his pillows. “But to answer your question, I’ve never felt this way about him, ever. So I think I’m onto something here.”

He went onto his side, and his fingers brushed the side of my face, “You don’t know how long I wanted this.” He whispered.

“Well you could’ve fooled me; you were the one who said this could never happen.” I reminded him.

He laughed, “Not something I’m proud of.” He stayed quiet for awhile, “At night, all I wanted to do was come into your room and watch you…that’s if I couldn’t touch you. Do you know how beautiful you are? Do you have any idea what you do to me?’

I smiled, “Do you have any idea what you do to me when you’re here without your shirt on?” I chuckled and so did he.

He took my hand and put it on his chest. I silently gasped. “Do you feel this? You’re the only one who can make my heart beat faster and slower at the same time.”

I laughed and pushed him away lightly, “You are so corny!” He chuckled also, and pulled me close. His lips softly touched my forehead, then the tip of my nose and then to my lips. “We have to get up, or else I’ll be late for school.” I said getting up. I retied my robe because it was now revealing a little bit of my nightgown. “I’ll see you soon, boyfriend.” When I stared at him again, he was looking at me smiling. “What?”

He shook his head, “I love hearing you say that.”

I smiled back, “I like saying it.” I gave him a wink and left the mini-house all giddy inside.

We left the house quarter to seven, and when we arrived to school the first bell was going to ring shortly. He opened my door for me, and leaned against the door after closing it. “So you are going to be thinking of me, no?” He .

I shook my head, “Not really.” I shrugged my shoulders. He stared at me with a blank, disappointed expression. I sighed, “Fine, if you want me to.” I switched my answer.

“Well, if it’s going to be a chore…”

I put my arms around his neck and leaned in close, pressing myself against his rock hard body. “If you promise to think of me,” I finally gave in.

He smiled and leaned in for a kiss. “I’ll pick you up after class. And don’t forget, we have a date tonight.”

My grin widened on my face, “Okay. See you later.” The bell rang and gave him a quick peck.

I walked away, and looked behind me, seeing him watch me walk away. I gave one last smile, and then I entered the school. Erich and Mel squished me and linked arms with me.

“Our little Kimmy has a boyfriend!” Erich squealed excitedly.

“We want details, and don’t leave anything out!” Mel exclaimed.

I laughed. Throughout the day I gave them the details of what they wanted to know; how I feel, how he feels, what his lips felt like, what we did when we got home. The only problem was my answers were less than exciting: good, good, amazing, nothing. The only time they got excited was me telling them about our date tonight. “Basketball? That is not a date, that’s what you do with your guy friends; not your boyfriends.”

“Don’t make her feel bad, Mel, this is her first real boyfriend.” Erich added.

I smiled at her, “I thought Jake was my first boyfriend.”

Mel shook her head, “Hell no. Jake was more like a test drive. And like most test drive tests, you’re disappointed with the results, until you find your own car. So think of Gerald of your own car.”

I found that analogy confusing. “Whatever, all I know is that this is our first date, doing something together since last night. I’m nervous as hell.”

Erich squeezed my hand, “That’s natural. Just have fun.”

“And make him work for it.” Mel said.

“Don’t do anything you’re not comfortable with.” Erich added.

“String him along, make it exciting.” Mel raised her eyebrows.

I chuckled, “I think I’m going to listen to Erich on this.”

“Whatever,” she waved me off with her hand.

We laughed, and my eyes searched the cafeteria. I noticed Jake was nowhere to be found. I hoped Gerald could handle him – scratch that – Gerald can handle him.

I walked outside after school, and saw Gerald waiting for me. He was wearing aviator sunglasses and a leather jacket. He leaned against my car door with his arms folded. He looked so amazingly y in this new do. I smiled and hugged him. “What’s with the new look?”

He smiled, “I had to look like I deserve you, don’t I? I have the most beautiful girl on my arm now, I have look presentable, acceptable.”

I laughed, “Well you did an extremely good job.”

“I’m glad I did justice.” He kissed me before he opened the door.

He stared the engine and began driving. “How’d it go with the ambush?”

He chuckled, “Let’s just say he was rather disappointed when he caught me staring directly at his car.”

“So he just left? Just gave up?” Not believing this of Jake.

“He’ll be back, I can count on it. Your parents are home, so he won’t be back tonight. Don’t worry, I have it under control.”

I nodded, “I trust you.”

He laughed, “Can you repeat that?”

I shook my head, “Sorry, it was a one-time only show. Maybe next time.”

We arrived back home and went straight to his pool house. I was surprised to find Chris in there. “Dude, why didn’t you tell me you had tickets. We’re going to have an awesome time, just like old times.”

He was holding the basketball tickets. This was the happiest I ever seen him. “Actually Chris…”

I shook my head, “You guys are going to have a great time.” I took his hand and brought Ge outside.

“What’d you do? That was supposed to be for us.”

I shrugged, “Go with him. He’s so excited. And I have a feeling he doesn’t like me that much, so I don’t want to give him another reason to hate me.”

“But I was excited.”

“Don’t worry about me; I’m not really a big fan. I would’ve gone, but basketball is more of a thing to share with your friends. I’ll be fine. I’ll just curl up with a book and wait until you get back.” I gave him a reassuring smile. “I’m serious, go have fun with Chris.”

I kissed him on the cheek quickly, to fast for anyone to see. “I’ll see you when you get back.”

He nodded, and went back into the pool house.