Wait For You

Fall For You
Gerald immediately changed back to his human face. I dropped my hand to my side and everything went all awkward. I chuckled nervously, and put my hair behind my ear. “Sorry, this just got extremely weird. I mean, you are beautiful, but only because I’ve never seen anything like it.” I knew I was digging myself a bigger hole. “I mean, you’re still attractive without the whole wraith thing, but not really.”

I saw a smile break which made me feel worse. “Oh no,” I muttered.

He put a hand on my shoulder and bent down lower so he was at eye level, “You can stop; I already know what you mean.” He fingers brushed my temple.

I sighed, and smacked his hand away. “Do you know how much I hate you right now?” I walked away from him slowly, but with no intentions of actually leaving.

He laughed and put his hand on his chest, “But you think I’m beautiful,” he mimicked me

I threw my closed purse at him, “You’re an , do you know that?”

“A beautiful .” He smiled.

“Argh! You infuriate me!” I yelled at him, but I couldn’t help myself and smile. “I’m so happy that being a wraith isn’t bringing you down, with all the abandonment and all.” I joked.

He immediately looked pained again and I was ashamed of my comment. I went to him and he covered his face with his hands. “I’m so sorry, Gerald. I didn’t mean it like that.” I was going to touch him again, but he looked at me and smiled. I slapped him, “Gerald Anderson!” I said loudly.

He laughed loudly and lifted me up in his strong arms. “Please don’t tell me I’m beautiful again, you’re melting me.” He smiled, and I was still in his arms.

“What the hell are you doing? You can put me down.” I ordered.

“Actually, I have other plans. Do you trust me?” He held me tighter, adjusting to get comfortable.

“In theory. What are you doing?” I complained.

He picked up my bag in one easy motion and started jogging. I chuckled to myself. “If this the amazing speed you keep talking about, I’m sorry to tell you but you’re not that special.”

He laughed, and picked up more speed. “I’m just trying not to shock you all at once.”

“You don’t think I can handle it?” I said. “I’m a big girl, Gerald. I can handle anything.” He smiled, and set me down. “Okay, put your hair up.”

“Wow, you turn all honest and you think you can order me around now?” I put my hair up in a messy bun. “What’s it for anyway?”

“I want you to actually experience this. Are you ready?” He asked.

I stretched my arms out, “Any other suggestions?”

He lifted me up in his arms, and I was surprised at how comfortable I was there. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I took a deep breath, and he started off slowly which got me embarrassed at how close I was and how tight I was holding for such a slow tight. But just like he said, he was quickly gaining speed, and before we knew it my breath got caught in my throat and I couldn’t breathe. I shut my eyes and felt the cold wind whip against my face. I was glad that he told me to tie my hair up because with this speed, I knew it would cover my eyes and fly absolutely everywhere.

I slowly opened my eyes and at first I couldn’t see anything, but when I opened them fully, I saw everything. The darkness surrounding everything around us, the green grass, the trees, even the city lights just beyond our reach, which I thought we’d be there in a second, but he zig zagged.

After a couple of minutes, we were back where we started and he put me down. I was breathless, shallow breaths escaping from my lips. I let go of my hold around his neck. “Wow, you weren’t kidding about the speed. I’m impressed.” I nodded, sitting back down on the bench we were just on.

He nodded, joining me. “So the thing is, you know everything now.”

I nodded, “I guess I do.”

“You can’t say anything, Kim. Not to anyone; not to your mom, your dad, siblings or even your best friends. I’m serious, Kim, you’re not even supposed to know.” He looked at me serious.

“I know, I get it. I know what it’s like to have secrets that no one can know. But I’m glad you told me. I really am. And you can trust me. I won’t say a word. But you need to tell me things, okay, like anything you find out. And just be honest with me. I can’t read your minds,” I chuckled.

“And you need to be honest with me, and do what I tell you.” He put a hand on my knee. “I missed my childhood best friend.” He smiled.

I laughed, “Surprisingly, in the last couple of days, I’ve missed you too. I also came across this.” She took her purse and dug into it. She laughed when she held it in her hand and gave it to Gerald.

He laughed also, “Is this the birthday card I gave to you.”

I nodded, “Yup, my sixth birthday.” I took it back, reading it. “‘Dear KC, Thank you for being a great friend. Happy birthday and hope all your dreams come true. Love Gerald. P.S. I’ll be waiting.’” I turned the card over, “So I always wondered what that meant, you’ll be waiting.”

He looked down embarrassed and threaded his fingers through his hair. “I’ll be waiting for you until you grew up.”

I just stared at him, all my feelings rushing to the surface. I felt my cheeks flush and change colour. I smiled. “We were one year apart, did you really have to wait?” I asked, holding the card against my heart.

“Well, I still am, I guess, considering you’re still a child.” He laughed.

“Shut up!” I smacked him again. “You know, you sure have a knack for changing the mood. You were so sweet just now, why’d you have to do that?”

“Come on, I don’t want your family to worry about us.” He took my hand into his big one, and pulled me up. I put the card in my purse, and walked beside him. He put his arm around my shoulder, “So, how did Jake take rejection?”

I smiled, “To your satisfaction, not well. But I did slap him.”

“Good girl!” He laughed.

We got to the house, and everyone was sleeping. He dropped me off to my room where we spent the night together the night before. “Gerald, thanks…for telling me.”

He nodded once and leaned in. He kissed me on the cheek. His lips were so soft against my skin that I wondered what it’d feel like against my skin. I quickly pushed it away for now. “Good night, KC.” He whispered. “And I’ll still be waiting.”

He gave me one last smile and turned away back to the stairs. I put my fingers to the spot where he kissed me and I swear I felt the sizzle of heat. I didn’t understand the feeling inside of me, but I knew it was nothing I felt with Jake. This feeling was honest and it made me smile for no reason which made me happier than I’ve been in a really long time.

HERE YOU GUYS, HOPEFULLY MORE OF THE KILIG FACTOR IN THIS ONE. AS FOR EVERYONE WHO'S WONDERING SO CLOSE IS FINISHED, SORRY TO DISAPPOINT. BUT MORE UPDATES FOR THIS ONE AND MORE FANFICS TO COME SO STAY TUNED. PLEASE COMMENT AND HAVE A GREAT ONE GUYS!