Thinking about You

Fall For You
The whole day I was able to avoid my newly ex-boyfriend, but I wasn’t successful when the last bell rang for the day. Gerald wasn’t there yet, but I had faith that he’d show up, especially since it was my call, and I would not let him go for leaving me if he did.

I called him on his cell phone and told him to meet me at the coffee shop across the street. I took outside and waited there with a good book in hand a half-full coffee mug when Jake took a seat in front of me. “We need to talk.”

I laughed, “No you need to talk, and I don’t. I said everything I needed to say Saturday night.” I kept my eyes off of him and on the page.

“No, we need to talk. What the hell was that?!”

“That was me breaking up with my jerk boyfriend after I caught him cheating on me.” I put my book down, “Actually, I was meaning to thank you for it. You gave me an actual excuse to do it, or else it would’ve been out of blue for you, not for me.”

“Not for you?”

I shook my head and smiled, “Yeah, I was kind of thinking about doing for a couple of months now, but I never really had a specific reason, but Saturday night.” I laughed, “Good work, you just found out another way to humiliate me in public. Congrats. Your next girlfriend is lucky to have you. Wish her luck for me.” I got up and walked to the curb.

He walked behind me, “This isn’t over Kim. The man in the relationship always has the last say.”

“Really, than why am I always having the last word in the so-called conversation we’re having now?” And on cue, Gerald parked in front of me and got out of the car.

“Get in,” He said walking around and getting into Jake’s face. “I don’t know what’s wrong with you jocks, is it all the balls to the head that affects your hearing? I thought I told you to stay away from Kim.”

Jake wasn’t affected. “Man, stay out of our business.”

“Oh it is my business. Kim is my business. So I advise that you stay the hell away from her, or it’s not only going to be between you and Kim, it’s going to be between you and me.” Gerald threatened.

“And what are you going to do, huh?”

Gerald smiled, “What am I going to do?” He shoved Jake and with his strength Jake almost tipped over.

“Oh my…Gerald!” I got out of the car and got in between the both of them. “Gerald, get in the car, honestly it’s not worth it.” I had my hand over his chest, and started pushing him towards the driver’s seat.

But then Jake grabbed my hand and pushed me to the side. I stumbled over the curb and fell on my hands. And then I heard it, fists smashing into faces and when I got over the pain in my hands I looked up and I saw Jake trying to punch and Gerald stopping each and every one in amazing speed.

I got up, “Gerald! Jake, stop!” I got in between them again and yelled, “Stop!” I turned to face Jake. “Jake, please give it up. It’s over. Leave me alone.” I pushed him away. And I turned to Gerald, “Ge, let’s go.” I opened the passenger seat and when I got in; I saw that Gerald was still in Jake’s face. “Ge! Get in the car!”

He laughed and walked to the driver’s seat and started the engine and drove away. “What the hell was that?” I asked him. “I do not remember asking you to come in my defence. You didn’t need to get out of the car, I was dealing with him.”

“You’re not the one who read minds, Kim. I am, and if you knew what he was thinking.”

“Okay, fine, I don’t read minds, but I don’t need to. I was dealing with Jake, and I knew how to handle him. I dealt with him for over two years without your stupid gift.” I crossed my arms over my chest. “And you made a scene, everyone’s going to be talking tomorrow, you know? Everyone. I’m going to be know as the girl who’s the reason why a fight broke out in front the Daily Grind Coffee Shop.”

He chuckled, “I’m so sorry for ruining for reputation. Will you ever forgive me?” He asked in a tried tone.

“You should be sorry. I don’t need any more drama in my life. Two weeks into school and I’m full of it. I have a foreign exchange student living in my house, taking my car who reads minds; I have an ex-boyfriend who thinks the only way he’ll be my ex is on his terms; and the foreign exchange student starts a fight in front of the coffee shop in front of almost everyone in school.” I sighed and rested my head against the head rest.

“He’s not going to get over it. He will try to get back at you for humiliating him at the party.”

I laughed, “Humiliating him? Are you serious? He cheated on me and I caught him. I’m sorry for being upset.”

“I thought you weren’t upset about that,” he reminded me with an amused look on his face.

I slapped his arm, “Shut up.” He flinched when my hand touched his. “Oh, I’m sorry did I hurt you? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just a little bruised.”

I looked at what he was wearing and it was a sweater, though it was like forty degrees outside. I remembered seeing all those scars the other day and I noticed that this bruise must be fresh. I rolled up his sleeve even though he kept moving and tried to stop me from doing so.

“Kim, do you mind, I’m trying to drive.” But I rolled it up anyways.

“Oh, my gosh!” His full arm was purple and had scratches all over it. “What the hell happened?”

“Nothing.” He stopped at a red light.

“Ge, that is not nothing. Your arm is purple, your full arm. I’ve never seen anything like it before! You need to go to a doctor.” I told him.

“And what are they going to do, give me some pills. I’m sorry but I think I know more about my body than those human doctors.” He said laughing.

I stared at him weird. “Human doctors?”

“Normal doctors,” he corrected. The light turned green. “So what time is this acting class?”

“Nice transition. I still have questions to ask you. And after what just happened, you can add like a hundred more to the ones I already thought of in class.” I told him. He just smiled. “For a guy who should be in a lot of pain, you look pretty damn happy.”

“Who said I was in pain?” He parked the car in the driveway.

I opened the door and got out. “Seven.” He stared at me nodding. “The acting class starts at seven.”

“But you leave half an hour early.” He read my mind. “You are a nerd.” He said following me into the house.

When we entered, the house was empty, just like it’s been ever since Gerald arrived. “Is it just me or are my parents like never home? I kind of miss home-cooked meals.” I went straight to my living room and collapsed on the couch.

“Your parents are having fun. They’re perfectly fine.”

“Are you seriously reading my parents’ thoughts right now? Be careful, you may not like it. My parents still think they’re on their honeymoon twenty two years after being married.” I closed my eyes and felt him hold my legs up and rest them on his lap. “What are you---?” But I decided to shut my mouth because whatever he was doing to my feet felt absolutely amazing.

“So are you going to start asking me, or are you waiting for an invitation?” He asked.

I kept my eyes closed. “Was this mind-reading thing like a side effect of some thing bigger?”

“Wow, very good question, very smart.” He was impressed.

“I’m not only beauty,” I smiled.

“I didn’t think you were any.” I kicked him and he groaned. “Okay, yes, it was a side effect. I didn’t think of it at first, but I couldn’t always do it. It was like my whole body was changing. My mind was changing the fastest and it was the easiest thing to adjust and control. “

“So what are the other side effects of this bodily change you endured?” I knew it was a long-shot. And I was surprised when he actually answered the question.

He smiled, “Let’s just say that when I told Jake I could kill him, I wasn’t lying.”

“You’re saying that you’re not afraid of killing someone and getting caught by the police?” I assumed.

“No, because I could kill Jake with a flick of the wrist, and the police would never be able to catch me.”

I opened my eyes and reluctantly sat up despite how good his foot rub felt. “So you’re not…” I sighed. “Okay, this is going to sound really bad, but you’re not fully…human?” He didn’t answer me. “Okay, let me get this straight: you can read minds, you have unbelievable strength and speed? I don’t see the problem.”

“Just remember that they’re all side effects. It’s a part of what I am.”

“Is there more of what you are? Like is it a club?” I .

“Kim, whatever I am…it’s not a joke. I wish it was. Every single day I wish this is all just a dream.” He didn’t meet my eyes. “People can die – people did die because of me. My mom and Ashley had every right to leave me. I’m a monster.”

For some reason my breath got caught in my throat because of Ashley’s name. I didn’t mean to, but it happened, and from the twitch of his lips he knew, he was just too much of a gentleman to mention it. “Do you think you’re a monster?”

“Does it really matter what I think? I’m still what I am.” He said.

“It can matter; if you accept who you are,” I made sure I emphasized the word who because he’d been using what, “than others will accept you.”

He chuckle, “This isn’t a self-esteem problem. I’m not being accepted is a big problem for me because I know I won’t be.”

“Right, it’s an identity problem.” I answered back. “Do you even know what you are? Because it sounds like you’re not even sure; you do have a lot of questions yourself, smartass.”

He got up and walked towards the kitchen. “Well, I know I’m hungry and I can make a mean chicken Alfredo.”

I smiled and followed him to the kitchen. “For someone who’s having a crisis, you do seem pretty upbeat.” I took a seat in front of him, watching him take out food from the pantry and the freezer.

“It’s not an identity crisis; I know exactly what I am.”

I nodded, “Yeah, you said that.” I washed my hands and returned to my seat. “Okay, give me something to do. I do like the feeling of not being totally useless.”

“You can cook?” He asked astonished.

I smiled, “With instruction.” I laughed at how stupid that sounded. The truth was I never used any kitchen utensils in my life; I had maids to do it for me.

“Well then, you can chop up the vegetables.” He washed green beans, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli and cauliflower. The only vegetables I eat.

I took a deep breath and I held the chef’s knife awkwardly. I began chopping but the noises coming from the knife and the way the vegetable looked didn’t seem normal, and I wasn’t the only one who noticed. “What are you doing?” He laughed at me.

I stopped chopping, “I don’t know. I admit, I’ve never used kitchen tools before.” I laughed at my self and looked at my unevenly chopped vegetables.

“It should be illegal to have you in the kitchen.” I frowned. I was usually good at everything I did, I wasn’t used to failure. “It’s a good thing you have a pro as a teacher. Here,” he washed his hands and went behind me, holding my hand where they should be on the knife.

I immediately felt electricity pulse through my veins. I could feel his cool breath on the back of neck and his body pressed against my back. We were unbelievably close and the attraction was undeniably there. He continued to do the rocking motion with his hands and soon we ran out of the vegetable. But he didn’t move which I was thankful for. He took the next and we started again. “There you go,” he whispered in my ear. And I felt myself smile. “It’s not that difficult when you get used to it.” He whispered again. His face was closer to mine and I could sense his eyes were on mine. I didn’t dare look at him, though everything in my body was screaming to.

I cleared my throat and closed my eyes. I could just picture it, my lips touching his, moving in unison together. My hands entangled in his hair and his hands exploring my body. It felt so real that I could even feel his hands on me and I could actually his lips crushing against mine. What on earth was he doing to me?

“Okay, I think you got it.” I opened my eyes and felt him move away. No doubt about it that he knew what was going through my mind, the two us making out like crazy. He moved to the opposite side of the island and continued cutting his chicken and putting the pasta in a pot on the stove. He kept his eyes off of mine, and that’s how I knew he knew what was going on in my head.

I continued chopping like he showed me and kept my mouth shut, though everything in my body was screaming for more contact. I tried to put it out of my mind, but I couldn’t. Ten minutes passed and I was sitting there staring into space thinking about it.

“You know, television may help with that problem.” He said with a smug look on his face.

I ignored that comment and as I was walking I said, “You know it would be a great if you kept my thoughts to myself.”

He chuckled, “Well it’s not everyday that everyone fantasizes about kissing me.” His smile grew.

I shook my head and sighed. “You’re unbelievable, you know that?”

“Yes, I do, from your thoughts, I do know.” He laughed, and I groaned like he was physically hurting me. “If it makes you feel better, I was thinking about it too.”

I sat on the kitchen making sure my back was towards him when I smiled. He was thinking about me…he was thinking about kissing me. I was acting like a stupid freshman when I senior stares. I learned my lesson though and I the TV and put it on a teleserye. Great, an hour of this and I wouldn’t be thinking about it. But it was only going to be an hour, because I knew I was going to be thinking about it all night.

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER, I WAS PREOCCUPIED WITH OTHER THINGS. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. STAY TUNED FOR MORE! AND IF I COULD JUST SAY THAT I'M BEGINNING TO HATE JR'S STORYLINE. WHERE'S THAT SWEET, INNOCENT GUY WHO NEVER GAVE UP? I MISS THAT JR. I HATE THIS BAD- CRIMINAL WHO'S LOSING HIS MIND. SORRY, IT JUST FEELS GOOD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST. HAVE A GOOD ONE!