Missing You

Fall For You
It’s been two years since I’ve seen him. Since I’ve seen his face, since I felt his touch. Two years. Three thousand miles apart, totally isolated from each other.

But it hasn’t been that bad. We called each other every single day after that fateful night at prom when he came back just for me. But once the semester started, those daily phone calls changed to weekly phone calls. And then after that first year, it became bi-weekly, to twice a month and then once a month.

I couldn’t blame him. He was busy, and so was I. And just because we never called each other every single day, it didn’t mean I didn’t think about him. I thought about him every day; wondered what he was doing, wondered if he was having fun, if he was successful, if he was happy. But most of all if he was thinking about me.

I knew we were both changing. Couple couldn’t stay they exact same way forever, especially in long-distance relationships. At the beginning, our phone calls would last for hours. My roommates at my dorm would complain that it was 1:30 in the morning and we had finals a couple of hours away. But I just had to hear everything. And that’s exactly what we did.

He would tell me about his roommates, and new furniture he bought for his new apartment. He told me about his classes, and his teachers. New things he learned, and how he was adjusting to regular life again. There hadn’t been one incident where he thought he was being tracked since Jake. But that’s something we don’t talk about. He would also talk about Isabelle and Chris. They got their own place across the street, which was good for Gerald – he needed family close by. The bottom line was that he was sharing everything with me.

And then those monthly calls were cut back to hour an hour (or an hour on a good day). Sometimes it’d be me who had to leave first. Other times, he’d call and I wouldn’t be in the room. Sometimes, it’d be me who was left to unanswered rings. It was then that I’d miss him the most.

The thought of his moving on almost killed me inside. And I catch my eyes begin to water at night as I waited by the phone willing for it to ring. But it never did. I hated who I was becoming. One of those needy girls who needed to hear from their boyfriend. And when I felt that way, I couldn’t make myself pick up the phone and call. I’d only sit on the couch, my knees to my chest, staring at photos I had of us on my wall and my desk, and I’d remember everything.

I’d remember all those time we flirted back and forth in the beginning of our relationship. I’d remember the time he came clean. I would even remember those hard times that we went though together, and that’s when I figured out we’d love each other always. Even if this supposedly end – God forbid – I knew that there’d be some part of met that would love him forever.

So that was my story. Two years of desperately holding onto the memories to make-up for the real thing. And today was just another day of missing him.

It was Saturday. There wasn’t any school and I didn’t have any assignments due. It was literally what college students would call a “free weekend.” I called in my girls from back home, and they drove up here the night before. If I was going to have a free weekend, I was going to spend it having fun. And who would make me have more fun than the best girlfriends in the world?

“So have you guys spoken yet since prom?” Erich asked as we all took a seat in the mall’s food court.

I shrugged. “Yeah, we talk. Just not lately. We were both really busy with finals and all. How about you and AJ?” She asked about my boyfriend, I had to return the favour.

Erich smiled, “Yeah. He’s actually flying in from Florida next week. It’s going to be our first weekend together.”

I begin playing with my food. And I emphasize on the word playing because whenever someone would speak about the success of their relationship, I’d lose my appetite. It’s not something I wanted to do, it just happened.

About an hour after ‘eating,’ we began our quest of shopping. And six bags of clothes and eight pairs of shoes later, we were exhausted. The sun was beginning its descent and our conversations lingered in the air. Most of our trip, I stayed quiet. Though I loved having my bestest friend in the world by my side; it was when I had things/people from home that made me miss him even more.

The two of us took a seat outside on the balcony of my dorm and we both took a hard sigh. “How did we do this two years ago? I mean we would be able to spend like, what? Eight hours at the mall without getting tired. And we barely spent three,” Erich laughed picking her feet up.

“We’re getting old ‘Rich. Soon we’re going to have careers and get married and have kids and then, we’ll be complaining about how fast time goes by,” I smiled bittersweetly.

Obviously she saw that look on my face which probed her next question. “How long was it this time?”

“It’s been two months. Our last phone call lasted ten minutes. He spoke about his new classes, he got a job, his genius GPA, and then he told me missed me, he loved me, and he was gone.” I looked at her and sighed. “We used to be on the phone for like three hours, and now it’s been cut back to ten minutes. And from everyday to once a month to once every other month.” I groaned, “Ugh! I hate who I’m becoming. I’m not this Erich! I don’t expect my boyfriends to call me everyday. I never used to. And now…and now I’m sitting here, praying that he hasn’t forgotten me.”

“Sweetie…” She put her head on my shoulder and my arm. “Ge is not going to forget you. He praised, worshipped the ground you walked on.”

I looked at her with tears in my ears, smiling. “Past tense. You just used past tense.”

“Kim,” she looked at me sternly. “I have never met a guy like Gerald before. If you take all the guys we’ve ever met, you would not be able to find replacement. He’s kind and sweet and genuine and honest…and sinfully y,” we chuckled. “And he’s yours.”

I shrugged. “I know I’m lucky to have him.”

Erich nodded, “And he’s lucky to have you. You’re funny, and honest, and responsible, smart and beautiful. He’s not going to able to find a replacement for you, too. You are one of those couples who always find their way back to each other.”

Those were the exact words I wanted to hear. “Thank you.” I wiped my eyes. “I really needed to hear that.”

“Good,” Erich stood up, threw her bag over her shoulder, grabbed all her shopping bags and smiled. “Because I need to get going.”

“Are we really that old that we have to go to bed at, what time is it?” She turned to check, “6:00?”

Erich laughed. “No, because I have a feeling you’re going to get a phone call soon.”

We said our goodbye, and promised to meet up again real soon. Once I walked her out, she was right. I got a phone call.

“Hello?”

“That’s my angel’s voice. How are you?”

No matter what I did, I couldn’t hide the smile on my face. “Oh, better now. I missed your voice.” I leaned my back against the brick wall. “How are you?”

“Missing my girl. Sorry I hadn’t called lately. I’ve been extremely busy.” He said.

“I know. I was too. I’m just glad you called. I’ve missed you so much, you have no idea.” I sighed, trying hard to hold back the inevitable tears. “So what are you doing now? Are you finished studying?”

I heard him smile on the other end. That’s how in tuned we were. “Yeah, actually, my finals have been done for awhile now. But listen, baby, there’s something I need to do, and I can’t stay on for long.”

My heart fell when I heard those words, and I know he sensed it because we were both disappointedly silent. “O…kay. Can I know what it is, or do I have to wait another two months to hear from you?” My voice sounded bitter and angry, but all I heard was him chuckle.

“Listen, Kim. Can you do me a favour? I’m looking up at the sky right now, and I want to know if you see the exact same thing. Can you tell me what you see?” He asked.

I lifted my head, and saw nothing. “I see…colour. The sun’s setting, and it’s pretty clear.” I answered.

“Clear enough to see the stars?”

“I’m not sure. I haven’t looked up at the night sky in a long time.” I realized the last time was prom, when I had nothing to worry about. “Why?”

I heard him sigh. “Well, because I wanted to know if a beautiful woman wearing a very y sweater-dress wanted to spend the evening with me and look up at the stars.”

I scoffed, “Are you seriously telling me that you’re planning on cheating on me tonight with a hoe in dress?!”

“Baby, turn around.”

I spun around, and that’s when I saw him. For two years, we’ve been three thousand miles apart, and now he was less than a block away holding a bouquet of roses.

I was sure that my jaw dropped all the way to the floor. But it didn’t take long for me to sprint towards him and throw myself into his arms. “I can’t believe you’re here!!!!” I yelled, kissing him everywhere I had access: his lips, his nose, his cheeks, his eyes and all the way down again.

He held me up in his arms just like those black-and-white films, when someone is reunited to their true love. “I’ve missed you so much,” he whispered against my ear when he put me down.

“I love you so much,” I said.

“I love you, and I’ve missed you.” Our foreheads were touching, and I knew he was closing his eyes, just as I was doing. We needed this moment. Maybe not to see, seeing could wait until later; right now, I just needed to feel. I needed to feel him with me, I needed to feel his arms around me, I needed to feel his lips on my skin, I needed him.

I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close, burying my face in his neck, smelling his amazing scent, feeling every contour of his body against mine. “I can’t believe you’re here,” I repeated. For two years a part of me has been missing, and this was the moment I was getting it back.

“I couldn’t stay away from my love any longer,” his breath on my skin.

OKAY, SO THE LONG-AWAITED COMEBACK OF FALL FOR YOU. I’M THINKING LIKE ONE OR TWO CHAPTERS LEFT FOR THIS STORY. I WAS SUPPOSED TO FINISH IT TONIGHT, BUT IT’S 11:07PM AND I HAVE A CHEMISTRY EXAM NINE HOURS FROM NOW, AND I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP. ANYWAYS, HOPE YOU LIKE IT. MORE KILIG FOR US KIMERALD FANS, HAVING KTM AND PNK COMING OUT. EXPECT MORE FROM ME, BECAUSE I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE! JUST LIKE GERALD WILL STAY WITH KIM, I AM STAYING HERE, RIGHT WHERE I BELONG. PLEASE COMMENT, AND HAVE A GREAT NIGHT GUYS. XOXOXOXO ROSE!!!<3