The Letter

Fall For You
Dearest Kim,

This is going to be the hardest letter I will ever have to write. How am I supposed to say goodbye to someone who I’ve given my heart and my life to, and to the only person who will always have it. I want to say that I know I’m doing the right thing, but I can’t. I will never be sure if this is the right thing, but I can promise you one thing; my heart will always belong to you.

There’s so much to say, and writing it is going to be the only way for you to hear it.

I remember the first day I met you back at the lake. You wore those yellow shorts that were blinding in the sunlight, but that’s not why I noticed you. You had the best looking smile on your face I’ve ever seen, someone who was happy being exactly where she was.

Ever since I introduced myself, I knew there was something, and there’d always be something between us. You became my rock, the one person I trusted with my deepest secrets and you never once judged me. Even at such a young age, I needed you. You became such an important part of my life that you’d think leaving you now after we’ve gown up would be easier.

But it’s not. It’s even harder. I’ve had some time to live life without you, and with you, and I’d prefer living with you. But I can’t. If I continue to live with you, your life will always be in danger; and I’d have to live with the fact that everyday you’d be risking your life for me, that you could be gone because of me. But if I live without you, then I’d be making us miserable. I guess that’s the lesser of two evils. Live my life without you, hoping you’re living your life happy.

I guess that’s the price of this now. All I have is hope. Hope that one day you won’t look at me with such hatred. Hope that one day you won’t see me as the one who broke your heart. Hope that one day we can move passed everything’s that happened.

I know that that day won’t come as soon for me as it will for you. I am always going to be thinking of you, always going to be wondering. No matter the amount of time will pass, my heart will always long for you, always wish to go against everything just to be with you.

Letting you go wasn’t a sign that my love has lessened, it is a sign that it is as strong as ever. That I am more strong than I give myself credit for. I was able to let you go. Isn’t that how the saying goes? It was strong enough to let you go, strong enough to allow you to be happier with someone else?

I have no idea what I’ll do if I see you with someone else. But I guess that’s the price I need to pay.

Don’t mistaken me, Kim, I’d much rather have you be happy with someone else, than always risking your life being with me.

I must stop now. If I don’t stop writing, I’ll never stop writing. But there’s one more thing I want you to know. Don’t let this change you, Kim. I know you’re going to be hurt, but I won’t allow you to stop living just because of this. Please do this last thing for me, and forget about me.

Love you always and forever,
Gerald.

SO I THOUGHT ABOUT WRITING THE LETTER. I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH, BUT IT STAYS :P I'M BACK OFF HIATUS!!! SO STAY TUNED FOR MORE!!! WOW, THREE STORIES IN ONE DAY! WHAT A TREAT FOR YOU KIMERALD FANS!!!