Okay

Fall For You
A couple of hours later I went back downstairs already dressed and ready to leave. But like always, he was already waiting for me. He stared at me, but there something different. A sense of coldness, a sense of bitterness towards me. I kept replaying what I told him earlier in my head, “‘…There are some things I’d never tell Erich, so what makes you think I’d tell you?’” I stared, worried about how he thinks of me now.

I opened my mouth, but he beat me to it, standing up and staring at me with distant eyes, “Let’s go.”

I shut my mouth, and followed him. He probably hates me, he trusted me, and I took that trust and threw it back in his face. Should I apologize? But what I told him the truth. He had unlimited access at my mind, and why should I give him more information that I don’t want to share. That’s it, I just won’t apologize for something I meant. Mel and Erich are right, I have to start doing things for me, and stop thinking of everyone else. That’s what they meant, right?

I sat in the backseat quietly, taking in deep breaths. I stared at him a couple of times. His eyes wandered to the side at the same time catching me. I would look away quickly, though I already knew he caught me. But unlike the rest of the time, he didn’t smile or smirk. He kept his eyes forward and that scared me because I didn’t know if I could fix this.

I shut my eyes tight and kept them close. “Ge?”

He took a deep breath, “Stop, don’t say anything.”

I tried to laugh, but also kept my eyes closed, “Because you’re already reading me mind?”

It didn’t change anything, his face stayed the same. “Kim, just stop. We may say things that we don’t mean, or which may be mistakes. More mistakes than what’s already been made.”

I opened my eyes, and stared at him. Fine, if he wants to play like that, than so be it. Two can play at that game. My eyes drifted to the front of the car and I moved closer to the door, angling myself so I could look out the window into the growing darkness. He was being so stupid.

We arrived at the studio and I got out the car as quickly as I could and went inside without him. I went straight to my friends there, and started a whole new topic with them so when Gerald walked in, I was laughing and having fun without him, though that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I was just counting on the fact that he wasn’t listening to my thoughts.

The class started shortly, and we all took our seats. “So tonight’s exercise is a free-for-all, you’ll all choose your own partner, and you’ll just start acting. No time for rehearsing. Remember, acting is supposed to come natural. You can do something from television, or make up your own fight which is what I love. This will help with the decisions I have to make about the upcoming event. Just a reminder everyone, in a month’s time, I’m going to start assigning roles.” She clapped her hand, “Let’s get this started!”

I stood up and was walking over to a group of people I knew. But Gerald grabbed my arm quite strongly and dragged me to the other side of the hallway. “What the hell are you doing, you’re hurting me!”

“Okay, who wants to go first?” Ms. Alvero asked.

“Us!” Gerald asked, pulling me along the front of the class.

“Ge!” I whispered. “Let me go!” I said a little too loudly.

He stared at me with such bitterness, I didn’t know whether we already started. “Fine, you want me to let you go, than just leave.” He threw my arm away, and I felt the eyes of everyone on me.

I was confused for a little bit, but then I went right into character. “Fine, I’m gone. After everything we went through together. If this is what you want, I’m leaving.”

I threw his hands in the air in exasperation, “Do you hear yourself right now? You’re making me sound like the guy. I trusted you, I told you all my secrets that I couldn’t tell anyone….BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME TOO! And you can’t even trust me to do the same?”

I flinched at how much the words stung me. Tears filled me eyes. I did this to him, I thought. “I’m sorry,” I said quietly, falling to my knees. “I’m sorry. I don’t understand, I don’t know why I did that. I want to trust you. But something inside me says that I can’t. It’s the same part of me that’s been hurt so many times before.”

He knelt down and pushed my chin up with one finger so I could meet his eyes. The bitterness and distance closed up. “You know you can trust me. I just wish you could.”

The tears from my eyes began to fall, and he wiped them away. His touch was so gentle, so comforting. “I want to. But you look at me like I’m someone else; like you’ve known me for years. I’m someone different from the person you used to know. Sometimes I’m not even sure who I am.” I took a deep breath. Despite ‘acting’ it seemed real; it was real. “You treat me like I’m on some pedestal, like I deserve everything. But I’m just me. I’m just Kim; a simple girl with simple dreams, who needs to figure it out on her own.”

“You’re right. I guess I thought you needed me. I guess I wanted you to need me.” He whispered like we were the only ones in the room.

“I do need you. I just need myself more.”

He pulled me up from the ground and took a step back instinctively. But he took another step forward and held me in place. “I do understand what you’re saying.” He brushed my hair away from my face and his fingers brushed my neck as he placed my hair on my back. Everything in my body tingled, and that’s when I realized it. There was only me and him there because no one in that room mattered.

I felt myself lean in as he was doing the same. He lips brushed mine and then he took a step back. “I’m always going to be here for you, okay?” I nodded. “I’m always going to want you, Kim. And when you’re ready to need me and want me, I’ll be right here.” He touched my neck again so softly, so carefully, so gently. I closed my eyes, never wanting him to stop this feeling. “All you have to say is ‘okay.’ One small word, Kim, and I promise you, I’ll protect your heart with everything that I have. You just have to say ‘okay,’ and I’ll be yours. Forever.” His lips were next to my ear now, his breath sending shivers every through my body. I’ve never felt this way before.

My eyes were still closed. “Okay,” I whispered.

I no longer felt him near me. I opened my eyes and everyone was staring at us like they were watching a movie. Gerald had his hand on my back and pushed me along to our seat.

Eyes were following us. And only until we actually sat down did their expressions change, it was like we were just going to continue with the show. I sat down, aiming my body away from Gerald because it was awkward after what we just did.

The teacher stood up and she was speechless. She seemed like she couldn’t breathe. “Well…that was…wow…um….who wants to go next?”

No one volunteered. From the corner of my eye, I saw Gerald smirk There it was, the smile I grew to memorize, and fall for…all over again.

SHORT CHAPTER. SINCE I DIDN’T GET TO UPDATE FOR AWHILE, HERE’S A DOUBLE DOSE FOR ALL OF US KIMERALD FANATICS. PLEASE COMMENT, THEY MAKE ME SMILE, AND I’VE BEEN KIND OF DOWN LATELY, SO I’D REALLY TO SMILE, I KNOW THAT SOUNDS CORNY. WRITING IS LIKE SORT OF MY OUTLET, SO PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING I COULD SMILE ABOUT WHEN I OPEN THE COMMENTS PAGE. HAVE A GREAT ONE GUYS, AND EXPECT MUCH MORE FROM YOURS TRULY! LOVE YA GUYS, AND LET’S KEEP SUPPORTING KIMERALD, THEY’RE PROBABLY THE ONES THAT KEEP ME HAPPY, ALONG WITH THOSE GREAT COMMENTS YOU LEAVE ME :P. SO GO AHEAD AND CLICK THAT BUTTON. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO:P