Yours, Mine

Fall For You
The next two weeks went by like a blink of an eye. Everything went back to normal, Gerald dropped me off at school, and picked me up; we went to acting class, began practicing our lines; we even spent some late nights talking. It was a relationship that I was content with.

So tonight is the night of Mel’s debut, and the night before I slept over at her house, so on the day of, everyone would help with the final steps. But that meant one night away from Gerald. I grew so used to him, especially after we had some sleepovers of our own, that the night I slept over at Mel’s, something felt like it was missing. Did that mean anything?

I was sitting on my salon chair thinking about – whom else, but – Gerald. After approximately twenty-two hours of being separated, I couldn’t wait to see him in the party, wearing a suit that hugged his muscular arms, his clean-shaven face that made it alluring to my eyes, and his powerful arms wrapped around me as we engaged in our danced. “Kim!” I was shocked out of my day dream. “You’re finished.” Mel yelled, and laughed, “Maybe you’re thinking about your hot date. I’m still waiting for a thank-you card.”

I got out of my chair and smiled, “Thanks.” I looked down at my watch, okay four hours and fourteen minutes left until me and Gerald would be moving to the tempo of the music, and I would be in the confinements of his arms. “Maybe I should go and help your Mom with the hall. I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Don’t ruin your hair!” Erich yelled at me as I walked out of the salon and into my car. The Lord knew how much I missed Gerald; I guess I should be thankful that his cologne still lingered within the car. I drove with the air-conditioner on, rather than my window down because I couldn’t ruin my hair. I had to look perfect for Gerald. I laughed at myself, what was happening to me? I never cared what a guy thought about me, but then again Gerald wasn’t just any guy.

After two hours and change of helping to get ready, it was time to get myself ready. I went into the room where all the girls were getting ready. I put on my make-up which took about half an hour; everything had to be perfect, and a make-up who was hired by Mel.

When I was finished, I stared at my reflection. “Acceptable,” I told myself with a smile. I hope he liked how much work I was putting on this one night.

I got up and began walking around, picking up my dress, and going into a private dressing room, until my phone rang. I smiled wildly when I saw who it was, “Miss me already?”

I heard his enchanting laugh on the other line, “You wish. I was wondering what time I should start heading over. Your Dad has to drive me now, since you stole the car once again.”

I chuckled at him, sitting down on a stool. “How can I steal when it was my car in the beginning? Anyways, guests are starting to arrive now, but nothing’s going to be served until after an hour. I’d say 4o’clock, and you’ll be fine.”

“It’s 3:30, now who’s missing me.” He joked. I felt his smile.

“Whatever, let’s just say we’re both missing each other and be done with it. Hey, on a serious note, can you make sure my Dad’s fine while driving? Actually, why don’t you make Ate drive you, or how about Chris? Or do that whole speed thing?”

“Kim, your Dad’s fine. He’s been driving for more than a month now. And as for Chris, he doesn’t have a licence, and speed? You don’t want me to come there sweaty?”

Anything’s fine by me, just as long as you’re here. “I thought you didn’t have time to be sweaty. Okay, just be careful, okay?”

“Yes Kimmy, I’ll be careful. And maybe snatch some food if they’re handing out food; I’m starving.”

I laughed, “Just hurry up, okay? I’m all alone.”

“I’ll be there soon. Maybe you can call me your hero, and I’ll be there in double time.” His voice went higher.

I sighed, “I really don’t like giving into you like that, but with what’s going on now…You’re my hero, Gerald Anderson,” I said it in my most seductive voice.

“Whoo,” he cheered; I laughed, “You can make any man fall down to his knees.”

“Well, it’s good my charm is working. Are you coming?”

“Don’t be so desperate, Kim. You need to leave some things to the chase. I’ll be leaving in a few minutes. See you soon.”

“Okay, bye.” I hung up the phone with a new energy boost. He always made me feel this way.

I changed into my emerald green halter dress that ruffled to half-way down my thighs. I had to admit, I was wearing just enough fabric, but I still felt . My hair was done, so was my make up. I strapped on my silver stilettos and walked out. Everyone was wearing a different version of the dress, but in the same metallic colour. Mel particularly told me to wear this halter and mini because she kept going on and on how I was the only one who could pull it off.

I agreed with her only to make her happy, but now I was regretting the decision, wanting to swap with the girl who had the full gown that flowed down her waist.

“Don’t even think about it, you look like…like…perfection.”

I spun around and saw my night and shining armour and a nice tailored suit with a tie matching the colour of my dress. “Hi, took you long enough,” I hugged him, loving the way his arms caressed my curves.

“I didn’t think fifteen minutes was long, since originally you wanted me to leave an hour later.” He smiled.

“I have something for you,” I went over to my station and went into my duffel bag, getting out a box of baked goods. “I stopped by the bakery earlier.

His eyes went wide, “You truly are every man’s dream.”

“Just not yours.” I smiled at him still. His face fell, “Oh, don’t worry. I would’ve been thinking anyways.”

He ate one cupcake and followed me downstairs. I hooked one arm around his and we stood at the far corner of the crowd. “You really do look fantastic.” He brushed a tendril away from my face.

“Thanks,” I just stared into those eyes, as he did the same. His hand was on the small of my back, and the other touching my hand on the table in front of us, like he was closing me off from the rest of the party. Actually not the rest.

“Kim!” I turned around and saw Alessandra and Jake standing in front of me. “Not so good to see you,” she said to me.

I laughed, “Funny, I didn’t think your fat could fit through those doors,” it was a cheap shot; but a cheap shot for a cheap girl. I saw Gerald cover his mouth as he laughed.

“Now girls, this is Mel’s party, let’s not turn it into a brawl,” Jake eyed Gerald as he said it.

“And you, Jake, it’s like you just fall deeper and deeper into the wrong girls,” I didn’t smile this time.

“Oh honey, with you, there was no deep end, so I guess you’re right.” He shot back.

I sensed a ual innuendo in that remark, and Gerald hands turned to fists, ready to pounce. I covered his hand with mine, and he relaxed. “You know Jake, you should be careful. You’ll never know what could happen by the night ends, maybe it’s you whose going to fall into a brawl.”

“With animal, over there beside you. I can take you on, I’ve been reading,” Jake answered. With that, he walked away, pulling Alessandra along with him.

“I hate that guy,” Gerald muttered.

I smiled, “Aren’t you glad you came here?” I asked sarcastically.

He smiled back, “I got you, didn’t I?”

I laughed, and punched his arm lightly. “Come on, let’s search for more food.” I grabbed his hand behind me, and he intertwined our fingers, something that I wanted to do for more than just now.

We snuck into the kitchen and found that it was left empty, which was odd. There was a whole table full of tiny foods, probably they were about to start serving. Anyways, he began dragging me to the table on the far side of the room, and took a piece of something – I had no idea what it is – and held it to my face. I shook my head, but he nodded, and I opened my mouth letting him feed me. I shrugged, it wasn’t that bad.

The both of us started to give each other samples of everything on the table, laughing whenever we didn’t like something, which was a lot. And then we heard voices coming towards the room. We weren’t allowed here, and my face broke up into a smile, trying to hold back my laughter from seconds from being caught.

He was laughing also, and took my hand, and we began walking towards the exit. “We’re going to be so in trouble,” we still had mouthfuls of food, and were ready to burst into laughter. He opened the door to five unhappy chefs with their arms crossed, like they knew what we were doing, which wasn’t that hard to tell considering our mouths were full.

I hid behind one of his broad shoulders, I heard him swallow.

“You are not supposed to be here!” One of the chefs said in a heavy accent I couldn’t distinguish.

I sunk lower, and he coughed, I think he almost choked. “I know, but we were so hungry!” He said unafraid. “I mean guests have been here for two hours now and nothing is being served.” He brushed to the side of the chef, keeping me behind him, “But amazing food. Except for that yellowish-green thing on that table.” He pointed to the table in which he was speaking about. “But amazing food. You guys did an amazing job, we’ll see you guys later.”

I kept on laughing, and he did too when we were free of those angry chefs and back into the hall. “Oh my gosh, I thought he was going to punch you or something! He looked so mad,” I chuckled.

“Right, and you had the pleasant position of staying behind me,” he knocked me over with his hip, but because he was still holding my hand, I snapped back to his side.

We laughed, and began circulating the hall, saying hi to everyone who we knew. Gerald stayed by my side the whole time, never leaving me alone. We found our seats at the head table, and took a seat. “So when is it that we dance? It’s like we’ve been here forever!” He complained, resting his chin in his hand.

“I’m not so sure, hopefully soon.” I said, leaning back on my chair. “I’m going to get more food, let’s see how much weight I gain until it starts after all the food I’m getting.” I laughed and stood up, heading over to a circulating waiter.

“You going to go all kung fu hustle on me?” Alessandra asked, taking a cup of champagne from the same waiter.

I took a deep breath, “You’re just lucky this is a crowded event, or you’re going to have your next period coming out of your nose,” I warned her. “You think I forgot what you did? Think again,” I spun around.

But she grabbed my hand, “You have no proof, you’re just a girl whose jealous of what I have. But that little boy toy of yours looks pretty cute all dolled up, let’s see how long it takes for him to stray.”

I laughed, “I have you on tape.” I saw the blood drain from her face. “It was Gerald’s idea to put the cameras up. And as for Gerald straying, who could he possible go for? You?” I laughed again, staring at her from head to toe, “Cheap e isn’t his type.” I smiled and walked away.

I gave Gerald a glass of Champaign and took my seat beside him, “What was that about?” He asked.

I shrugged, “Just her trying to torment me.” I smiled, “We should go up now, I have a feeling we’re starting soon.” I got up, and he took my hand for the third time tonight. There had to be something there, right?

I led the way up the stairs and we went into the dressing room where everyone was standing. I hugged Erich, and we stood beside each other.

“Okay, everyone, five minutes until we roll. Is everyone here?” Mel asked in her dark red gown.

Gerald squeezed my fingers with his own, and I smiled. It was like he assuring me he was with me.

“Great, now all the guys have to go in the room across the hall, and wait for their mark,” Mel kissed Matt and all the guys huddled together and left in a big crowd.

“See you on the other side,” Gerald whispered in my ear before following the crowd.

Erich hit me with her elbow and raised her eyebrows at me, “Want to tell me what that was about?” She leaned in close so no one could hear her.

I smiled, and shrugged. Mel read off the order, and we got into the line. She called the make-up and stylists to come and finish with any last minute touch-ups, and then we heard the music begin to play. We were given our candles and I actually felt butterflies inside my stomach.

The MC started downstairs, and we began moving to the top of the staircase in our order. Mel was escorted down the stairs by her father, and danced with him for the second half of the song. Her father gave her a heart-felt speech about seeing his baby girl all grown up now and I think I saw Mel cry.

Then the MC continued, and began saying the names. One by one each girl walked down stairs, led by their . The girl would put the candle on the cake and give Mel a peck on the cheek, and say a tiny message while the boy danced with the birthday girl.

I was the last girl, the girl right before Matt, and so when Erich who was before me finished doing her mission, I felt nervous as ever. I heard my name being called, and I began walking down the stairs, fearing that I might fall in the 8-inch stilettos. Gerald met me half way with his enchanting smile, and I linked arms with him. I

We both smiled for the cameras, and walked down the stairs. When we were in front of Mel, I let go, put the candle on the cake beside her, and gave her a light peck on the cheek. Gerald took her hand and spun her around; ignoring what was practiced and instructed by the teacher. But who cares when you were dancing with Gerald?

I went to the mic, and said my message, saying happy birthday and wishing her the best and telling her how much I love her, and how proud of the person she’s become. I lined up where all the girls were, and then Matt began walking down the stair.

I’m not sure what the feeling was when I saw Gerald let go of Mel and started walking behind me. Was it relief? Was I really jealous of one dance with my best friend? I shook it off, and when Gerald stopped behind me, he wrapped one arm around my waist. I swear, if there was no one music playing, everyone would’ve been able to hear my heartbeat. I bet some people could already.

Matt arrived and that’s when we all got into our positions, and began doing the dance with our partners. Gerald put one arm around my waist, pulling me against him until he couldn’t pull me anymore. I wrapped one around his neck and our faces were so close, except we weren’t looking at each other. Our heads were down, I could feel his forehead against mine, and my eyes were closed, I wasn’t sure if his were also. The Latin music began playing, and we started swaying our hips from side-to-side. I wasn’t sure what the hell we were doing, but we were doing it. I opened my eyes and looked around, and everyone was just dancing, no one following what was anticipated.

He pushed me out, and pulled me back in. One of my hands went to his cheek. I had no idea what was coming over me, but I didn’t care what it looked like, I was just following the beat of the music and letting my body take over, and wasn’t that what the teacher told us to do in the end?

He spun me around in a circle and then put his hand on my lower, lower back. I bent over backwards and his finger slowly traced a line down my neck, down my cleavage and down my stomach as I slowly made my way back up. I opened my eyes as he was staring back at me with those seductive eyes. He had his hands on my arms now and pushed them up over my head, and brushed his fingers down the side of my arms, and I gasped. His touch felt so good. It felt better than good! Our hips continued to sway in unison, and than he began moving across the floor, bringing me with him.

The song was coming to an end, and I was sorry. I knew he couldn’t read my mind because my mind was running in circles. I had no chance to think, absolutely no time. Once again, he dipped me low, and when he raising his arm back up, and abruptly dropped it down again. He did that three times until he brought my fully up, and my hand touched the side of his face once again. Our bodies were so close, too close to be legal. He held me too close for my own good. It was like I was indulging myself to a forbidden dessert. That’s right, it was like he was forbidden, but I didn’t care. I felt every contour of his face against mine. And when I opened my eyes, the music ended and I was staring into those endless brown eyes which were smiling back into mine. “Still think I have two left feet?” He whispered.

I smiled, and than there was a round of applause. I immediately backed away and looked around. I laughed when I saw that we weren’t the only ones who lost ourselves in the moment. Matt and Mel were devouring each other’s lips right on the dance floor, and so was Shaina and John. I even saw a couple of people fanning themselves.

I looked over to Erich who was staring at me with her jaw dropped, OH MY GOSH, she mouthed, over exaggerating the syllable to each word. I just smiled and stared back at Gerald. He brushed away hair that was in my face and intertwined our fingers and led me off the dance floor.

I leaned against his body and he held me there. Thank God I wasn’t the only one feeling this way. When we sat down, that was when I realized I was sweating. He took a napkin, and began dabbing it on my neck and my chest. I blushed when he touched me, “Where’s you learn how to dance?” I had no idea what to say, but I couldn’t handle the silence.

He smiled, “I didn’t. Latin dance is just feeling the music, and following your instincts.”

“And that’s how you dance? You trust your instincts?” I asked.

“I trust you.” He answered, and I blushed all over again, looking down. He put some hair behind my ear, “You’re so cute when you blush. I love that shade on your cheeks.”

“I love it when you put it there,” I chuckled and saw red appear on his cheeks. We laughed, and then everyone was on their way to their table for dinner.

After dinner, the girls grabbed on my hand and pulled me up, away from Gerald, “We’re going to steal her away from you for a little bit.” The dragged me upstairs and pushed down on a chair. They crowded around me. “What happened tonight?” Mel asked me with her arms crossed.

“What?” I asked, not knowing what she meant.

“Um, I don’t know. It looked like you had on the dance floor!” Mel yelled at me. “I’m in love with Matt, and we don’t move that way.”

Erich laughed, “Okay, maybe it wasn’t exactly on hardwood, but that was really sensual.”

“And ual. Your lower halves were tangled together,” Beauty added.

I smiled, “It’s called dancing. Something we were supposed to be doing.”

“Is there something we don’t know about? Are you screwing him?” Mel asked.

My jaw dropped, “Okay, first, I hate that word! Second, my life is none of your business, and third, no, we’re nothing.”

“Please excuse Mel’s language,” Erich said in her motherly tone. “It’s just you can’t move like that with someone who you’re not involved with. That was like over the top y.”

“Look, nothing happened. Gerald made it extremely clear that we can’t be together.”

“Oh sweetie, he’s head over heels for you. If you guys are doing get together, than there’s no hope for the rest of us,” Maja interjected.

“All we’re saying is that we’re jealous as hell that you get to take that home with you and see that every single day,” Empress sighed.

I nodded, and got up. “Well, I’ll tell you when something happens, best friends. But until then, let’s celebrate your birthday!” I grabbed onto Mel’s hands and she grabbed onto everyone else, making a chain. We all walked down the stairs and started the dance floor party.

After two songs, I looked over to Gerald who was hanging out with all the guys laughing, and he caught my gaze. I signalled for him to join me, but he shook his head. I nodded and began walking to him. He continued to shake his head, but I kept nodding. I grabbed onto his hand, “Come on boys, we have some lonely ladies over there.” The guys cheered at took a big sip of Champaign and went to find their ladies.

Gerald was the only one left and I was pulling him towards it. “Come on, you know you want to.”

“Maybe later,” he said.

I smiled, “Do it for me?” I made a sad face.

“Don’t do that to me, you know I can’t resist.” He groaned putting his glass on the table.

I nodded and smiled. I was pulling him on the dance floor with less and less resistance with each step. The lights went off with only the flashing disco ball to allow us to see little snippets of what was in front of us. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and like Beauty mentioned minutes before, our lower halves tangled together, like we were one dancing to the music. One hand was on my back, and we just danced.

His lips were touching the side of my face, feeling his breath on me. My head fell back slightly in ecstasy. And they were on mine. And it wasn’t just a light peck on the lips like what friends do, we were kissing, like really kissing.

His hands were on the side of my face, holding me against him, and then they were wandering down my body. His touch, his kisses were too much to handle.

The dance floor was beginning to fill quickly. We were being bumped against, but it didn’t matter. We were skin against skin, and still I felt miles away from each other. But then he pulled away, pulling my arms apart and dropping them to my side. “I’m sorry,” was what he said and then he ran outside.

My eyes opened wide. My fingers felt my lips and I could still feel his lips against mine. I looked around, and it seemed like no one saw what happened, but I knew it happened. And if Gerald thought he could make me forget, he was fooling himself.

I ran outside to the terrace and he had his hands on the back of his neck. The night was getting cold, and so I needed to finish this fast or else I was going to freeze. But every step closer to him, I felt warmer and warmer, that was how strong it was between the two of us. “Ge,” I said softly.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.” He said, not being able to look in my eyes.

“Don’t do that; don’t push me away,” I told him. “I’m not going to let you take any of that back. You kissed me,” I said.

“And that shouldn’t have happened,” he snapped, walking further away.

I shook my head, “You kissed me,” I repeated, “Because you wanted to. And I kissed you because I wanted to. Don’t take that back now.”

“Listen, Kim--” He started.

I shook my head, “Stop. I don’t want to hear you come up with an excuse for why we can’t be together. I know your life is dangerous. I know that being with you right now is a risk in itself. But I also know you feel the same way I do. I told you I’m not running away. I told you I’m not going anywhere.” I sighed, “So before you interrupt me – because I see on your face that you want to – answer this question: what are we, Gerald?”

He stared at me with a blank expression. He sighed, and then looked back down, “Kim--”

“All those weeks ago, you told me we couldn’t be together for reasons I know and understand. And I believed you.” I paused, “But every time I want to or try to move on, you’re always there, acting like--”

“Acting like what?” He questioned. I could tell he guarded himself off now.

“You look at me like I’m the only one in the room; you touch me like I’m the one you need; and you kiss me like I’m the only one that matters. And tonight, you danced with me, you held me close and you kissed me like it was the most important thing in the world. Tell me I’m wrong.”

He didn’t meet my eyes, “I can’t.” He said in an almost inaudible whisper, but I heard it despite the overpowering music inside.

“Then look down deep…into the soul I know you have and tell me if what you feel for me is real or if it’s just a game. If it’s a game,” my voice broke. “than I’ll give up. I’ll turn away from this and give you the satisfaction of following what you want.” I wiped away the tear that fell unwillingly, “But if it’s real, we’ll figure it out,” I held his hand and squeezed it. “Both of us, together.” He didn’t answer and I could honestly feel my heart slowly tear into pieces. “You once said that all I needed to do was say okay. I had to say okay and you’d be mine. I said okay then, and I’m saying okay now. Are you mine?” I asked, breathing in deep, “Am I yours?” I held my breath waiting for his answer.

Then he stared into my tear-filled eyes, and took my face into his hands, and pressed his lips against mine. I held onto him. He pulled back a little and smiled, “I was always yours. Ever sine you were six years old and you asked me to be your boyfriend,” he chuckled, “you’ve been mine.”

I laughed, and leaned in to kiss his perfect lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my ecstatic face in his shoulder, making sure I clung to him tightly so he couldn’t get away.

I felt his body shake lightly while a chuckle escaped his lips. “I’m not going anywhere, you’re stuck with me.”

I leaned back so I could see his face, “How do I know that you’re not going to say we can’t be together again? It was out of the blue then, how do I know that you won’t spring it on me again?”

He kissed my forehead, “Well you’re just going to have to trust me on that. Can you do that? Can you trust me?”

I reached up and kissed him lightly, “Well I have no choice now, do I?”

He cupped my face in his hand and leaned down. My goodness, could anyone’s lips taste and feel so good. He was going to kill me. I swear, I could see heaven whenever he touched me.

We heard cheering and clapping from behind us. We pulled apart, but still holding each other, “Finally! It took you long enough to finally hook up!”

We ignored them, and continued what we were doing before they interrupted us. Next, it was his turn to lead to the dance floor. For the next handful of songs, he held me close, and it was as if our lips were attached to each other, they’re way of making up for all those times they’ve been apart.

I pulled away, “I have to use he ladies room,” I laughed.

He smiled, “Okay, I have to go call Chris for an update. I’ll be outside, okay?’

I nodded and turned away until he grabbed my arm. I turned to face him, “Bakit?”

“Kiss first,” he leaned in.

I laughed, “We only became official and now you’re so bossy.” But I gave in. That was one demand I’d follow any day.

I walked up the stairs and stopped a couple of feet next to the washroom when I heard Alessandra and Jake talking. I stood flat against the wall and listened, making sure I wasn’t seen.

“Jake, she has me on tape. What if she turns us in, I mean you did break her ugly heart; that’s motive. You told me we’d be safe.”

“That’s why we need to get that tape. I promise you, baby, you are safe. Look, tomorrow, when you’re at school, I’ll get it. No one’ll be home. Her dad’s at work now, so it’s all good. Just you need to cover for me, okay?”

I slipped into the washroom, and waited until I heard footsteps pass by. I snuck a peek and saw that the coast was clear. I ran back downstairs, and looked for Ge. I saw coming from the terrace and he smiled when he saw me. “That was quick.”

“There’s something I need to tell you--” I told him seriously. His face fell.

“Having fun, Kim?” Jake asked while dancing with Alessandra.

I faked a smile, and chuckled. Gerald opened his mouth, but I put my arms around his neck, “Just dance with me.”

He put his hands on my waist and I immediately felt safer. “I’ll tell you when we get home.” I whispered in his ear.

I wasn’t going to let this one destroy my night. I smiled and pushed that thought away from me. I was going to have fun.

Gerald drove us home in my car, and he walked upstairs to my bedroom. “Okay, I know this may seem to soon, but I got these tickets awhile ago, I just didn’t know how to ask you.” He walked up to me, and took out the tickets from his pocket. “How would you like to go to a basketball game?”

“Are you asking me this as a friend?” I asked with my hands on my hips.

He smiled. “I’m asking you as my……girlfriend.” He looked down as if he was nervous.

I chuckled, and put his hands on his shoulders, shaking him lightly and happily, “Are you calling me your girlfriend?”

He laughed, “Yeah, I guess I am.”

I gave him a kiss, “I’d love to, boyfriend.” I answered, kissing him again.

He smiled and held onto me. “I should go before anyone suspects,” he whispered.

I nodded, “Good night.”

“Sweet dreams,” he kissed my forehead and left.

I knew I should’ve told him, but tonight was perfect. I put my alarm on extra early so I could spend some extra time with him, my new boyfriend. I loved saying, my boyfriend.

SORRY GUYS. I WAS PLANNING ON UPLOADING THIS YESTERDAY, BUT MY CABLE, PHONE, AND INTERNET WAS CUT OFF. THEREFORE I MADE THIS CHAPTER EXTRA LONG TO MAKE UP FOR IT. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT, AND I KNOW IT TOOK AN EXTREMELY LONG TIME – 18 CHAPTERS TO BE SPECIFIC – BUT IT IS FINALLY HERE, THEY ARE EACH OTHER’S. THEY ARE TOGETHER. ENJOY! HOPEFULLY I DID THIS CHAPTER JUSTICE. PLEASE COMMENT TO SAY HOW WELL/BAD I DID. THANKS!