Natural life

The after life

"Papa will be out of town this weekend"

"But you promised...", Mei whines.

"I know baby, but appa will buy the DVD right?", Tao looks at Chen who nods.

"Dont worry baby, papa will see it anyway. Also your siblings and I will be there", the girl noded sadly.

Chen didnt want to say anything but he kind of suspected that his husband was lying to him, he was angry because his girl had practice a lot for her dance recital.He can stand anything but not this, if Zitao is not happy with their marriage, their kids are not at fault.

When he leaves, he only kisses the children.

----------------------

He parks his car, the one that they baught with the combine effort of the entire family, in her building. She comes out smiling and she shines like the sun. She is carrying a bag, he opens the door for her and they kiss once they are inside.

The trip goes well, with small talk and a lot of picture taking. She makes him feel younger and more alive, with her theres only two people, nobody else. The thought makes him feel guilty, he loves his children is just that sometimes the everyday life is to much. Sometimes he needs to be himself, just that, not anybody elses dad, nor a husband. Just Zitao, the person that nobody spects anything from, and with her, well is just the two of them.

Jia smiles for him, doesnt ask him to smile nor why he is not smiling. She tugs his hand to make hurry to enter the small apartment that they rented for the weekend. She looks at everything with big eyes, even if he knows that she had seen it all.

-------------------------------

"Whos that in the picture?", Chanyeol asks. He doesnt feel like talking about himself.

"Is my son", the doctor simply sais. "Well, where were we?"

"Here. Always here", the pacient sounds tired.

"You were telling me about a trip?"

"Not a trip...I ran away".

---------------------

After Baekhyuyn ran to the other side, away from him. Chanyeol started his own race. He ran as much as his poorly feeded body could take him.

He was a city man, he knew nothing about the woods, the nature, he couldnt tell if the sounds were those of leaves or steps, those were steps. The firm steps of a cop hunting him down. 

There was moment when he felt a deep pain, a pain that pushed him. He felt off a small cliff, the mud, the rain and the forest helped to hide him. The officer left him for dead.

He wasnt dead, he was just burried and bleeding in one arm. When he woke up, dirty and wet, his stomach was twisted. One thought came for his rescue, his angel, his Baekhyun. Where is he? Where is he?

He got up and walked dizzly on the way that he thought was the right one, it took him some nights to find what was left of the house that they hid in before.There he gathered some water to drink and to clean himself, a matress to rest some. The second time he woke up he was cover in sweat, he could swear that he was burning with a fever. He wanted to get up and keep walking, keep looking for Baekhyun, he never could.

Till this day Chanyeol doesnt know for how long he "slept", he just remembers that he was woken up by a killer hunger that had him gaping for air and curling in the dirty matress. He made his best effort, once again, he got on his feet and looked for something to eat. He had to keep searching for Baekhyun.

--------------------

Zitaos phone buzzes over the small living room table, is a text from Chen. He opens it with an annoyed sigh. Is not from Chen, theres a picture of Mei in her costume and a voice note.

"Papa! Appa and I came to fit my costume! Do I look pretty? We miss you papa!!".

He thinks that Chen is doing this on purpose. Chen must know.

"She is so cute", Jia coos from his side.

And right there and then it happends. The first time in this last couple of months that Zitao thinks about what it means to be with Jia, the first time that he even wonders what does she wants out of this. Would she be a good mother? After all hes got three kids. Would they like her? Would they hate him if he leaves Chen? Does he want her as the mother of his children?

"Yes she is. Shes got Chens eyes".

--------------

"Mhmmm...my bunnies smell so good", Luhan backhughs Xiumin and then turns to kiss his tummy. "Where are you going baby?"

"Im going to meet my cousin"

"Really? Thats great. What for?"

"To talk? Is been to long since I dont see him"

"Are you going to his house?"

"No, we are going for coffee...well he is...why mom?"

"Hey I just wann know. Can I come with?"

"No. He didnt say it was a double date", Luhan pouts. "Plus whos gonna watch the kids", he lifts himself to kiss the others nose. "Ill see you late ok"

"Ok. Have fun!"