Roads of life

The after life

"I am still sorry that I hurt you"

"Maybe you couldve think about it before you actually went to somebody behind my back...", Zitao rolled his eyes.

It was night already, after dinner, after everybody had been put to bed, with thunders and all as the back track.

"So what you think you dont have anything to do with this"

"Well excuse me if I dont remember putting a gun to your head so you could go and some girl", that angered him.

"Shes not! ...", he began, but stoped. "...thats not what it was..."

"Well then she must be a saint to sleep with a married man". Does he want to fix his marriage or what?

"It was not about Jongdae", so was it love? "No matter how you call her, she is a good person, she was with me when I ...doubted myself". What was this? So the duck was an 'Im sorry but I will leave you anyway' present? Chen had been to hopefull then and thats why he was about to cry. He didnt have the words to continue, he was afraid to ask, to tell.

"What kind of doubts did you have?"

"About my uallity", the tone was so clear, so serious. If he was doubting that then... "You know how it was for us", us as in the slaves, "somebody just came and ed you, men, women, who you chose was not important...", Chen knows this. It wasnt different for him, is not like he came out to his father but still he decided that Jongdae needed a male servant, not a female. "When she appeard ...I realized that I didnt really had a choise...", Chen would like to say that yes he had a choice, he could choose not to sleep with him, not to get him pregnant, to leave him as soon as they got to China, but the truth is that when you are scare for your life the options fade pretty quickly. The will to fight was also fading, Jongdae couldnt anymore.

Deep down he had known this, that Tao was not shallow, wasnt immature nor driven by instints. He had always known that if ever any of them cheated or lied, it was gonna be for a good damn reason and as Tao kept talking he seemed to have a good one. Maybe he had found love.

"....but, but the point is that when I was there I.... I just coouldnt, do it. And it wasnt that I didnt want to, not that my body wasnt working or that I felt suddenly guilty...", was this much honesty necessary? "It was that she wasnt...you. She didnt looked at me with sweet cat eyes, nor pouted at me cutely, she didnt smell like you, she didnt sound like you. I, I saw you in her and couldnt because I knew that I had you at home and suddenly felt like I didnt know what the hell was I doing there even. And I understood that it wasnt about ullity, or maybe it was, but still it was more about love. Love for me and love for you. I love you Chen, more than anything in this life. I know I was a fool and ...", he took a deep breath to sob.  His husbands big eyes were full with tears and his hands were shaking while he looked at him. "Please, please give me a chance", he whispered in tears.

----------------------

The steps never made it to his room, instead, a knock on the door, hard, loud, violent replace them. He almost jumped from the bed. He grabbed a rope from somewhere he stoped in the hall, nobody was there. He walked towards the noise. Kim Boixan.

"Lets make this eassy, I dont want an audience", he let himself in the appartment, pushing the much taller and bigger figure of the doctor. "I know you have him here with you", he was certain.

"What the hell are you talking about? Shouldnt you be with guards? Its better if you go home", he didnt want to ask why he knew his adress nor how he got in.

"Do you spect me to believe you?", there was something dark in his eyes as he reached behind his back. Skillfully he grabbed the gun and prepare it to shoot. The doctors eyes were wide open, Baekhyun let himself in one more time, straight for the rooms.

"Come out! I know you are here!", he slaped doors open. Nothing. He turned to his "host". "Where the is he?!", now the gun was pointing at him.

"I DONT KNOW!!"

"ING BASTARD DO YOU THINK I DONT KNOW YOUR SICK MIND?! HIDDING A PRISONER?!! Trust me if you tell me I can end this ten times better than what will happen to him in jail", he whispered.

Another knock interrupted them. An officer, but also.

"Doctor Zhou its me Xiummin!", what on earth was this. "Baekhyun called me and mentioned you! Oh my god make him open the door", he said to the police man.

"Doctor Zhou please! Step back", he seemed to be speaking to Xiumin.

The cop was about to kick the door but it was suprinsingly open by a gun shot. In seconds Xiumin stood there watching the fallen cop, eyes wide open to the horror.

"Welcome master", he said to Xiumin.