Tree of life

The after life

The sound of the door closing woke him up. The rain is still going on, but is more silent. It took for ever to make the kids sleep.

"Tao?"

"Yeah, sorry. Hi"

"Hey", he rubs his eyes and sees his husband go to the kitchen.

"I called you a million times"

"My phone died...sorry", he follows him. "Is this for me?"

"Yeah. Go change your clothes Ill heat it up", Tao nods and passes by him and then is when he sees it: a red mark on his husbands neck. Disgusting. He grips the kitchen counter. How? When they became like this? What did he do wrong? He doesnt want to burst into tears, nor burst into the bathroom and tear Tao apart.

--------

They sit side by side, Tao eats silently.

"So how are the chidren?"

"Meis teacher told me she fought with a classmate"

"What? That girl. This things happen because you spoild them to much. I told you since the start of the year that she should go to that boarding school", Chen rolls his eyes.

"Really? I spoil them. Well I rather do that than dump them in some school and forget about them", he stood up and started to walk away.

"Hey, what is that suppose to mean!?"

"Dont rise your voice youll wake Dae. And dont get nervous, that rush in your neck might spread to your entire face", he left.

Tao was left there. The thing is he really doesnt feel like tell him that that thing is nothing, he actually feels the impulse to tell him how he got that. But he holds back. He knows he is at fault but somehow he doesnt want to take Chens right now. And of course he doesnt even think that Chen is now in the bathroom crying his eyes out.

-----------------

"Hey what are you doing here?", Luhan is suprise to see Tao in the office.

"Hi ge. I came to see Yang", the counselor.

"Why? Is everything ok?"

"Yeah...you know...domestic life...", Luhan is worry.

"You know you can tell..."

"Mister Xi", that voice.

"Bae...Boixan"

"Hello", he looks at Tao and introduces himself. "Oh you are the other Kims salve..."

"Im nobodys slave", lately he really feels like breaking free....from something.

"Oh right. I forgot you guys were never slaves"

"What do you want?", Luhan really cant stand him.

"Because I treasure our shared past...", who ever shared anything with him?"...I came to tell you that we got the judges orther to speak with Parl Chanyeol"

"What?!", he leaves, he has to make a phone call now. Baekhyun turns to Tao.

"You know I tried to explain this to Luhan...sometimes, we are slaves even after we are free. But is process that not everybody has the time to make", Tao doesnt know who the this guy is, yet he stays to listen. "There are issues with our uallity, some of us were never given the option to be gay or straight, Ive seen some who cant even tell if they are guys or girls. Is sad really. Were you given that chance? The chance to actually choose your husband...", was he?

"You still here?", Tao looked conflicted. "What did he tell you?", Luhan asked, Tao shook his head. "Go away, youll hear from our lawyers".

-----------------

Zitao knows now that his feellings were all over the place. He wasnt that wrong. Maybe he is heteroual after all, he never asked that to himself. Chen and him were just...together. ! He grabs his phone.

"Babe. I was thinking...we could...take this weekend off", she asks about his family. "Dont worry Ill come up with something. I cant really keep this going on and on. I think he knows....", she sounds worry. "I dont care anymore. Im tire of living with him".

-----------------

"Mister Xi. Doctor didnt tell me that you were coming"

"Uhm...I didnt tell him. Is just a last minute thing. Can I see him?"

"Of course, but you know how it has to be done. He is better now, but we never really know".

He waits a little until they prepare Chanyeol and the nurse walks him to the meeting room. A guard stands in the door.

"Hello"

"What are you doing here?"

"I need to ask you something, very important. So I need you to...focus a little, as much as you can...actually..."

"You are brave bastard arent you?", Xiumin takes a deep breath.

"Listen. What do you remember about 'White tree'?", Chanyeol sits back in his chair, eyes wide open.

"Baekkie, he cant...he must...I must save him!"

"From what?"

"He cant end up like that...", his eyes fill with tears.

"Does Baekkie know about 'White Tree'?"

"Beakbom is there. I have to save him too!"

"Whos Baekbom?"

"Mister Xi", another doctor enters. "I think we should end it here. He has been really well lately, lets not ruin his health", Xiumin nods. Chanyeol has retracted to himself.

"I understand".

Now he knows that he was right and that is not good.

 

-----------

a/n: Luhan couldnt you wait until I finished this... :/...anyway. #ripxiuhan you were beautifull.